Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sat 11/12/22 04:37 PM
All women go through the menopause. You knew that when you guys got together. Relationships are about give and take, taking turns to support each other. If you found this time difficult, just think how your partner felt! She was actually experiencing something awful over which she had no control.

Did you help her to seek medical advice? Did you hold her close at night and tell her everything would be OK in a while? Did you talk together to work out coping strategies - for you both - when things got really bad?

Women suffer from menopause in varying degrees. As a partner and support person, it can be extremely hard. But like Mental Illness it is not her fault and everyone will get through it better if there is empathy and assistance rather than criticism :slight_smile:

no photo
Sat 11/12/22 04:37 PM
All women go through the menopause. You knew that when you guys got together. Relationships are about give and take, taking turns to support each other. If you found this time difficult, just think how your partner felt! She was actually experiencing something awful over which she had no control.

Did you help her to seek medical advice? Did you hold her close at night and tell her everything would be OK in a while? Did you talk together to work out coping strategies - for you both - when things got really bad?

Women suffer from menopause in varying degrees. As a partner and support person, it can be extremely hard. But like Mental Illness it is not her fault and everyone will get through it better if there is empathy and assistance rather than criticism :slight_smile:

no photo
Sat 11/12/22 04:25 PM
My husband did this too. Right down to the affairs. It is a message to us all to approach relationship difficulties before they become insurmountable. If you can't talk about it, you can write a note! I wish I had. Use lots of "I" statements such as I feel unwanted when you ignore me. It makes me mad when you don't help in the kitchen - I have a long day at work too looking after the children at home. I find you have become less loving in bed - is there a problem?

This will go over better than blaming. For one thing, nobody can argue with how you feel. If you just say you've been ignoring me a lot lately, it's too easy to reply no I haven't! Not a constructive conversation.

We were together 38 years. It hurts more than I ever imagined I could hurt :disappointed_relieved::cry::sob: