Community > Posts By > Mr_Music

Mr_Music's photo
Thu 10/01/09 06:14 AM

Get your crying towels out. I think it's going to be a rough one.

O ye of little faith. whoa

Mr_Music's photo
Thu 10/01/09 06:09 AM
Did you even read the article? huh There's no babysitting involved! It's three other neighborhood kids waiting for the bus at another's house!

Paranoia runs rampant.

Mr_Music's photo
Thu 10/01/09 01:12 AM
And THAT'S where the B.S. factor comes in. People are far too "sue-happy" these days. Sh** happens. Kids fall down and scrape their knees and such. That's what kids DO! However, people have become so acclimated to distrust and over-coddling of their kids that kids are not even allowed to be kids anymore.

And it all started way-back-when because somebody got a wild hair up their *** and had to go gum up the works. It's never been the same since.

When I was a kid, and I was over at a friend's house and happened to fall off my bike or whatever, I'd get back up and dust nyself off and keep playing. My parents would NEVER have even THOUGHT about something so ridiculous as suing my friend's parents because of it! And if a neighbor had seen the incident happen, they would've certainly been more concerned about my well-being instead of sticking their nose in by contacting authorities about the fact that I was even there!

Bottom line, it's ridiculous, and it's an outrage.

Mr_Music's photo
Wed 09/30/09 04:33 PM
9. The Partridge Family - "Summer Days"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnz4YerRBIE

Mr_Music's photo
Wed 09/30/09 04:27 PM
Good point, Andy. Perhaps I should've been more specific. I'm certainly not suggesting people turn a blind eye to illegal activities, but this is quite different. This is completely innocent, and no different than if a child had their little friend over to play after school. In this case, it's three children before school, but I digress. It's neighbor helping neighbor, as communities should be, but there's always gotta be that one person who tries to throw a monkey wrench into the gears.

Mr_Music's photo
Wed 09/30/09 08:47 AM
Edited by Mr_Music on Wed 09/30/09 08:49 AM
To one of the first people to befriend me when I first started coming to these social sites several years ago. Happy birthday, Lisa. You're a wonderful friend. I hope you enjoy your day, and many more to come.

Saginaw, Michigan, September 29, 2007

Mr_Music's photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:31 AM
Edited by Mr_Music on Wed 09/30/09 01:32 AM
You wouldn't catch me dead wearing any of that Tommy Hillbilly, or Graberbootie & Pinch, or any of that "trendy" crap.

Mr_Music's photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:26 AM

I live in a state that does not have daylight savings time so cannot help

Whaaaaa?no daylight savings time?surprised surprised surprised

Arizona and most of Indiana don't observe the time change.

At any rate, it doesn't happen this year for us folks that do observe it until November 1.

Mr_Music's photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:18 AM
Talk about busybodies!

State to mom: Stop baby-sitting neighbors' kids

AP – By JAMES PRICHARD, Associated Press Writer – Tue Sep 29, 7:23 pm ET

IRVING TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Each day before the school bus comes to pick up the neighborhood's children, Lisa Snyder did a favor for three of her fellow moms, welcoming their children into her home for about an hour before they left for school.

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

"I was freaked out. I was blown away," she said. "I got on the phone immediately, called my husband, then I called all the girls" — that is, the mothers whose kids she watches — "every one of them."

Snyder's predicament has led to a debate in Michigan about whether a law that says no one may care for unrelated children in their home for more than four weeks each calendar year unless they are licensed day-care providers needs to be changed. It also has irked parents who say they depend on such friendly offers to help them balance work and family.

On Tuesday, agency Director Ismael Ahmed said good neighbors should be allowed to help each other ensure their children are safe. Gov. Jennifer Granholm instructed Ahmed to work with the state Legislature to change the law, he said.

"Being a good neighbor means helping your neighbors who are in need," Ahmed said in a written statement. "This could be as simple as providing a cup of sugar, monitoring their house while they're on vacation or making sure their children are safe while they wait for the school bus."

Snyder learned that the agency was responding to a neighbor's complaint.

Granholm spokeswoman Liz Boyd said the agency was following standard procedure in its response. "But we feel this (law) really gets in the way of common sense," Boyd said.

"We want to protect kids, but the law needs to be reasonable," she said. "When the governor learned of this, she acted quickly and called the director personally to ask him to intervene."

State Rep. Brian Calley, R-Portland, said he was working to draft legislation that would exempt situations like Snyder's from coverage under Michigan's current day care regulations.

The bill will make it clear that people who aren't in business as day care providers don't need to be licensed, Calley said.

"These are just kids that wait for the bus every morning," he said. "This is not a day care."

Snyder, 35, lives in a rural subdivision in Barry County's Irving Township about 25 miles southeast of Grand Rapids. Her tidy, comfortable three-bedroom home is a designated school bus stop. The three neighbor children she watched — plus Snyder's first-grader, Grace — attend school about six miles away in Middleville.

Snyder said she started watching the other children this school year to help her friends; they often baby-sit for each other during evenings and weekends.

After receiving the state agency's letter, she said she called the agency and tried to explain that she wasn't running a day care center or accepting money from her friends.

Under state law, no one may care for unrelated children in their home for more than four weeks each calendar year unless they are licensed day-care providers. Snyder said she stopped watching the other children immediately after receiving the letter, which was well within the four-week period.

"I've lived in this community for 35 years and everyone I know has done some form of this," said Francie Brummel, 42, who would drop off her second-grade son, Colson, before heading to her job as deputy treasurer of the nearby city of Hastings.

Other moms say they regularly deal with similar situations.

Amy Cowan, 34, of Grosse Pointe Farms, a Detroit suburb, said she often takes turns with her sister, neighbor and friend watching each other's children.

"The worst part of this whole thing, with the state of the economy ... two parents have to work," said Cowan, a corporate sales representative with a 5-year-old son and 11-month-old daughter. "When you throw in the fact that the state is getting involved, it gives women a hard time for going back to work.

"I applaud the lady who takes in her neighbors' kids while they're waiting for the bus. She's enabling her peers to go to work and get a paycheck. The state should be thankful for that."

Amy Maciaszek, 42, of McHenry, Ill., who works in direct sales, said she believes the state agency was "trying to be overprotective."

"I think it does take a village and that's the best way," said Maciaszek, who has a 6-year-old boy and twin 3-year-old daughters. "Unfortunately you do have to be careful about that. These mothers are trying to do the right thing."

Note the bold sentence in the story. What the hell ever happened to people minding their own damn business??

Mr_Music's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:43 AM
Only in the summer, or on A&E.

Being the most popular TV show in the world, that probably has something to do with the fact that it's "on the TV every time I turn it on".

Mr_Music's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:39 AM

The classic Kiss album "Kiss Alive" is not a true "live album" as that a lot of the tracks were overdubbed in the studio. :tongue:

This is not a fact, it's only speculation. At the time this double live album was released, Casablanca Records was fledgling extremely badly, and label president Neil Bogart was taking a huge chance and risk on even releasing this album at all. The label didn't have the finances to pay the band much more than meager earnings, and they couldn't do any large amount of corrective overdubbing even if they had wanted to, simply because the budget wouldn't allow it. As such, there is very little done in terms of any studio overdubbing corrections on this record.

VH-1 has always been notorious for "inflating the truth" about artists or bands on their Behind The Music show, going so far as to invent scandal or controversy if there is none to be found about the artist(s) in question. Such was the case here.

Mr_Music's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:22 AM
Brent Spiner - "It's A Sin To Tell A Lie"

(background vocals by Patrick Stewart, Jonathon Frakes, Michael Dorn, and Levar Burton -- basically the entire male cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jexAHF_NpQ

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 05:31 PM
3. Don Johnson - "Heartbeat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULI5kolBpAk

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 05:29 PM
2. Jennifer Love Hewitt - "Can I Go Now"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNRBijQ2XU

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 05:21 PM
1. Bruce Willis - "Youngblood"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjXn1kh_70E

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 05:20 PM
Fine. indifferent Songs by actors/actresses.

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 05:15 PM
Well, whaddyaknow! A neighbor!

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 09:54 AM

You have to be careful who you do it with, some people actually believe you, when you didn't mean it, LOL

I agree, I have just been friendly and talkative and men have thought I was intersted in them or flirting. I was not!! Wow you cannot have a conversation with a man before he thinks you are flirting!! slaphead

Wow! It's cool to know of somebody who has had a conversation with every man in the world in order to come up with that conclusion! So tell me....how long did it take you to accomplish this feat? It's really impressive!

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 07:47 AM
10. The Belle-Stars - "Iko Iko"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-1HoLM-aw

some bonus songs:

The Castaways - "Liar Liar"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj52XtqF0Iw

The Beau Brummels - "Laugh Laugh"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9mq5bA0ksU

Neil Diamond - "Cherry Cherry"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvXCYqd8AAs

The Mamas & The Papas - "Monday Monday"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIBItIyO5BQ

Somebody else can post the next subject.

Mr_Music's photo
Mon 09/28/09 07:40 AM
9. The Kingsmen - "Louie Louie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WcgqXMncf4

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25