Community > Posts By > Chris

Chris's photo
Sat 12/17/22 03:44 AM
I think it comes down to a combination, not just one means. So sun, wind, water where possible.

Over here more and more people have solar panels on their roof, even council houses, and often there's so much energy generated by them that then gets sent to the utility company that they have to pinch it off as they cannot store the vast amount.
So they are urging people to use electricity during the day as much as possible while it's generated via their solar panels.
We're getting to the point that there are more houses with solar panels than without.

So here we have a vast amount of solar panels on houses, but also wind farms. We practically always have wind here. So it's a combi of both solar and wind. That gets you a long way.
Many people can make do with the electricity their panels generate. My daughter makes money of them as they have more powerful panels on their roof. Makes her about E55 ($55) a month.
That's because of special rule that you get a certain amount of money for generating extra energy. That regulation will expire next year or in 2025.

In a docu I've seen a community in southern part of South-America generated all their electricity with water from a stream somewhere close-by.
It got stored in vast batteries. Of course you cannot run a plant on that, but again, when combining things you get a long way.

And they are constantly improving solar panels and wind things. Thinner, better panels that generate way more energy than the default ones now. Very different energy generating wind machines that aren't huge, do not disturb birds and fish etc. and can be put in a garden or on a roof even.
I've seen various designs that work, one so great that it looked like a piece of art! You could easily stick that in a town / shopping centre as it simply looks cool and at the same time it produces energy.
That's the beaut of all these things, the big huge wind turbines were first thing, but now people are invented smaller, less impactful on environment, and better.
Same with solar panels.
We haven't seen the end of that development yet, not even close.

I can see where your coming from and agree for the most part. natural energy created from water isn't new though. thats been known now for a long time. however, I notice a lot of environmentalist likes the idea of batteries. well, they use fossil fuels to charge them. let's take it further, say they used solar or another natural source to charge. do you know what a "lithium" battery mine looks like and it's effects on people? not just that, most individual batteries need to be discarded a certain way because there made up of chemicals and toxic metals called "carcinogens". known to give people cancer, other serious illnesses, birth defects and even death. car batteries are "lead and acid" and non rechargeable batteries almost always contain "nickel cadmium" which according to the EPA can leak into the soil, water and air causing some serious damage to people and also the environment. ever notice how even cell phone manufacturers are increasing saying don't throw away your phone. it's because of the type of battery being utilized.

Chris's photo
Sat 12/17/22 02:49 AM
Invoke Humor, re: Mitch's Obama one term obsession, observe righteous "22nd amendment" reactions to the "three term" reference, Mitch failed to keep Obama to one term, but hey, he seems to have kept him from three.

Get it?...Anyone?

guess I got it.

Chris's photo
Sat 12/17/22 02:49 AM
Invoke Humor, re: Mitch's Obama one term obsession, observe righteous "22nd amendment" reactions to the "three term" reference, Mitch failed to keep Obama to one term, but hey, he seems to have kept him from three.

Get it?...Anyone?

guess I got it.

Chris's photo
Wed 12/14/22 04:39 AM
I dunno, if you work so much that you don't have any time left to read or watch T.V., maybe those college folk might have the right idea?

no ma'am, negative. why anyone wants to watch it is beyond me anyway. that's why it's called programming, your paying to program yourself to how they want.
nah, not for me. if I had the time I'd be sewing crops or building something or working on some kind of vehicle, preferably. I don't know. I been asked though, why work when I'm off. I guess because I don't consider it work.

Chris's photo
Wed 12/14/22 04:29 AM
People certainly can be too quick to throw the word around, but I think some people do know what it means. I think a lot of us have a difficult time allowing ourselves to truly love. We self-sabotage as a self-preservation mechanism. Many people won't allow themselves to feel things very deeply when it comes to romantic love. It definitely helps protect us from pain, but it also prevents us from feeling the euphoria of romantic love. I think that's a big reason why we are always told to work on ourselves--not just so that we can attract a quality partner, but so that we ourselves can be a good partner, and that we can be fully open to having healthy relationships.

I agree with you even though I disagree with you on the other subject but I'll save that for my next post. but I know for certain I purposely hold back feeling so I totally agree with ya. I mean logically if I do it I gotta assume others do but honestly, I didn't really think of it that way untill you mentioned it.

Chris's photo
Wed 12/14/22 03:55 AM
oh GPS, also works just the way Einstein predicted.

Chris's photo
Wed 12/14/22 03:52 AM
Can you see the contradiction?

While Einstein was brilliant, along with many others, science does not stagnate. If it does, it becomes religion.

Science pushes what we know (or think we know).
Science once stated the Earth was the center of the Universe. Right now we know that isn't true. It was science, now its not.

Hawking was a leading theorist on black holes. I've read some of his theories, watched some of his lectures. People will swear he had it all figured out but its all just one man's theory which other men adopt as gospel.
That's not science. Science constantly asks questions, constantly questions favorite truths. Its about looking to see if there is more to it than we thought.

Science will not place one man's work over itself. People do that. Not science.

I'll try to explain a little more thoroughly. yes, of coarse I see the contradiction. that why I said above, I understand its theory's, their different opinions. while I agree with you; we must keep looking. see, everyone uses that Steven Hawkins guy but in my view he's just some dude that had a little fam and utilized it to make more money. he wasn't stupid, I'm sure he put together that's it's a theory, so even if it's wrong, he could still be right, somehow. I could never buy anything he was selling. not to mention, he's never been right. I'm sure he had a infatuation with space, in some way and there's Einstein with his theory's; so he reaches for the stars, literally.
on the other hand, Einstein and his theory's; like his theory on general relativity, that has now been proven fact. oh and the three lenses, universal speed thing, you where even if one has more energy they still travel at the same speed, the speed of Earth's yearly rotation and that it gets more round. that's not all now but the point I'm trying to make, oh and space and time warps around objects like black holes, sun and planets. all once theory's but all are now facts is the point in trying to get at. I mean, that being said, if I had to back a "theory" you think I'm going with Hawkins or Einstein, whos already been proven, verified or factually correct? not just once, but at least probably over 10 times. not to mention he used math, trigonometry and stuff to form his theory's while others are just theory's.

Chris's photo
Tue 12/13/22 12:59 AM

Get it?...Anyone?

well, I'm not gonna riddle ya back but O'Connell can't stop only, try to prevent the second term. all they can do at the end of the day, is bring the truth to the surface. they can't stop people from voting the way they will. as far as Joe goes to carry the third, there's other factors at play and again, what as I said before about the second term applies as well.

Chris's photo
Tue 12/13/22 12:41 AM
I hear that. thats another good point. because I'm not like a church going person or anything but I believe. I think at least something out there's greater. but anyway, not to get into all that, I probably, well, I do look at like from a biblical perspective. I know some people start forming feelings before others but then, theres people that say things and don't mean a word of it.
yeah, every situation is different and would have to be individually decided. just seems as time goes by, I meet less that believe in, biblical love. NOT traditional but biblical, love. how you feel towards another person. just putting that out there so no one takes that the wrong way.

Chris's photo
Tue 12/13/22 12:10 AM
I mean, lll be honest. I work telecommunications. I'm by far, a astrologer, scientist or whatever. I mean, there you go , I don't even know the proper terminology. like, what is it, 80% of the ocean hasn't even been explored? and that's today but 20 years ago nothing could live at the bottom of the ocean and it was a fact; so they said. that's obviously today, been debunked. that's just an example. which is why I'd back Einstein's theory over that one. that and just understanding what we know, what we don't know and what we think we know. after I consider that, my best bet, would have to go with Einstein who was proven right already. I mean, I understand it's 2 different theory's, theory's being opinions so either one is right at this point in time. thats just my personal opinion ofcouse and a break down why I think that. lol, if the guy who came out with that theory splits the Adam or something I'll have to rethink that.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 06:23 PM
I understand what you are saying Chris . I think sometimes people are so desperate to be able to say they are In love … perhaps they are more in love with the idea of being in love . I see it a lot on line . Sadly that type of instant love is seldom based on reality and often will mot succeed . Of course there are exceptions . For me enduring romantic love is something that develops overtime .

There is nothing wrong with loving alone time and feeling carefree . Being single has many positives . That may not translate to being single always . Often it is a timing thing that reflects what we value and what our priorities are at a point in time . Just like love ..what we want and feel one day .. can change . Stay open to possibilities regardless of how content you feel at this momemt :-)

you know honestly, I feel what you just said. and yeah, I agree, no rush and I don't have anything against being single and there's nothing wrong with being single because believe me, Id rather be hated for something I am then loved for something I'm not. therefore, I won't, I refuse to just settle. if that means being single, so be it. and yes your right, the hole thing is fragile and can be destroyed faster then built, honestly but thats exactly why people need to understand the difference in the meaning and their interpretation. when building a relationship your doing just that. building a life together. if they want the single thing then don't go that route and stay in the game. just keep it that way and their would've never been a relationship to begin with. when words have no meaning, only interpretation whats left after that? I can't think anything positive but like you said people are desperate and will do and say anything not to be alone because some just can't and don't want to. I'll say it again, I feel that. I appreciate what you said, I didn't really look at it that way.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 05:53 PM
dust4fun, cheers buddy. for me it's not political. "they"make it that way, only if you walk like a duct, talk like duct then your a duct. therefore, I'm gonna call it. they don't like though. the last president showed me that in so many different ways he didn't have to say it. their messing with my liberty and our kids future, it's personal. I don't have kids but I have family and I want to
preserve every kid their liberty and right to choose like the ones before me did. but freedom ISNT free. and I hope to God, if there is one, another day doesn't come, another day like the one in 1776. that's the only and I MEAN THE ONLY reason I say anything. hopefully, I get to someone and connect some kinda way, and maybe just maybe it can be prevented in the long run if we spread the knowledge, the information. anyway like I said, cheers, to freedom!

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 05:27 PM
They want "equal rights" along with some "special rights" to go along with them. Why are there special awards shows for black people?Why do they have the united negro college fund? What do they have affirmative action that says you have to hire a minority if they have the same or even less qualifications? Why do they have a minority clause in some contracts for public projects? Why do we have "gay bars" that cater to a select group?

The government discriminates based on age, they don't let people vote til they are 18 or over, they don't allow people to buy alcohol or tobacco or nicotine products til they are 21. And then there are 55+ communities that don't allow for younger people to live there. Isn't that discrimination? They used to have "ladies night" at bars, but most have stopped doing that because it was considered discrimination.

Should an airline be required to give somebody 2 seats for the price of 1 because the person weighs 450 lbs? Should a buffet be required to charge the same whether you are 100 lbs or 300lbs?

The problem is everyone wants a leg up, a little extra, equal doesn't always really mean equal.

thank you... I couldn't of said it better. yes, it is discrimination but I dont hear them saying it or the media are anyone else. equal rights by definition means all men are created equal and shall have the same opportunity to go as far as you want, your choice. only in America man can come from the slums and end up with an empire. but some been drinking so much of that political garbage, their programmed to be victims. therefore, they feel entitled. their literally using race in a racist way, to make them feel victimized. them same kinda politicians kick start LGBTQ and any other group they can. look at cities like Detroit, Chicago ect. same kind of politicians promising the same thing for the last 15 20yrs and it just keeps getting worse. why?! do you keep electing them? I don't feel sorry for em. the white privilege I have is the same decisions and choices they got. I chose to get a job, understood nothing's free, their selling their soul only to be enslaved in a different way, common sense over common core, and more importantly, I'm a victor not a victim. so yeah, the only privilege I got is I understand what America today stands for and why it became America in the first place. because them men didn't want to be slaves neither, answer to any king or be taxed without representation.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 04:51 PM
love doesn’t just refer to romantic love . . But from your post .. I take it that is what you are referring to . Just because societal norms change and our historical view of what constitutes “love” evolves .. does not mean love no longer exists . Marriage is not a guarantee of forever love . For some it is a non binding obligation that can be broken at any time . Divorce is not the end of love .. it is the end of a bonding relationship that failed .

thank you for taking the time to respond. yes, your right, I meant romantically. but I understand especially after a work day, I love firing up the drill, drinking a cold beer and not having care left untill the next morning anyway. I mean, I would think that's just implied but i can't love that like a woman. maybe some can I not saying it can't happen I just mean I as in me only. you go on a couple dates with someone and they say they love you. no they don't. they enjoyed your company because your conversation topics went further than space ships, cartoons or video games. I don't know, for whatever reason it maybe but thats not love. that was more of where I was coming from and I probably should've explained that a little better in the original post.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 03:05 PM
Being in a particular church no more makes you a Christian than being in a garage makes you an automobile.

Christians worship the Jesus of the Bible and trust in him alone for eternal life, but they are never sin-free on this side of eternity.

I understand what your saying... that's kinda how I felt to being shunned for being me. in that case since the first day I was born I was sinning or a born sinner; probably the better terminology. when you get to the point, just waking up in the morning, I already sinned. I already had my mind made up though, at that point in my life. no more organized religion for me. felt like a hypocrite anyway, I mean, it's beliefs, what makes mine any more than someone else's because neither can be proved.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 03:05 PM
Being in a particular church no more makes you a Christian than being in a garage makes you an automobile.

Christians worship the Jesus of the Bible and trust in him alone for eternal life, but they are never sin-free on this side of eternity.

I understand what your saying... that's kinda how I felt to being shunned for being me. in that case since the first day I was born I was sinning or a born sinner; probably the better terminology. when you get to the point, just waking up in the morning, I already sinned. I already had my mind made up though, at that point in my life. no more organized religion for me. felt like a hypocrite anyway, I mean, it's beliefs, what makes mine any more than someone else's because neither can be proved.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 01:51 PM
Well first off I'll say its entirely possible I'm wrong but I don't think you're open to discussing anything that may challenge your feelings or belief. I feel like you're looking for arguments and conflict instead of real discussion.

yeah, and why's that? because that's exactly what we been doing; discussing topics. you want debate your opinion/what you mean and Im going down that rd. if it isn't a fact, in reality, it's ridiculous to debate opinion. expressing it is one thing debating is another. I say something as forward as possible and to be honest, your in left field somewhere far from anything I can relate to. to be a little more thorough, it's like your taking what is and answering me with what if, maybe, could've or but ECT. and no, I can't relate because that's not a reasonable answer or response in any kind of way. again, we've been discussing different things for like the last 24 hrs and now you say, "you think", I'm not up for discussion when indeed, that's exactly what we been doing literally the hole time. I get now I think though, "your meaning" , of discussion I wasn't able to relate, therefore couldn't discuss. I got ya now, there's the fact, the definition and then theres, how you mean it or think it should be. that being said, yes, your right. I will never see things for what "I think" they should be only for what they really are. that, and that reason alone, is why we can't have a discussion. I'm gonna go out on a limb here but you probably got that problem a lot if your talking to like a scientist, historians or just facted back people. I know you never wanted to be a lawyer or something like that. good luck winning on "what could be" . my money's on the one that "can prove".

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 01:26 PM
just because your interpretation or meaning, for example, the sky is red. I understand thats what their meaning of it is. however, that doesn't change the fact, it's blue.
don't mean anyone thinks that, it's just an analogy.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 01:21 PM
I believe love still exists but we all have our own meaning of it in one form or another and our own betrayal of it in one form or another.

I agree with you half way. on the betrayal part, because obviously we all been betrayed by different people for different things in different ways. you can have a meaning, "opinion" that's not a fact or the definition in this case. that was my hole point in my original post. people use that word and don't know the definition if you will and therefore, they use it falsely.

Chris's photo
Sun 12/11/22 01:15 PM
Chris your comment was all about the book I suggested as a good read. It was a suggestion I felt related to the topic you shared. You take it or you don't. It's not any kind of attack on your education. Simply accept or ignore. And I do agree we for sure don't understand each other. Enjoy your time in the forums.

he or you should've said, check this book out. again, your still assuming I knew that was a book and I knew who that dude was. could been some news paper editor or something idk. and it wasn't what you said but anyway no worries, I explained it 3 different ways now. but let's just agree to disagree.

Previous 1 3