Community > Posts By > romeo5656

romeo5656's photo
Wed 10/30/13 12:18 PM

I always feel isolated, it's too scary I never got used to it. I don't have a best friend.

-----------
well, i have friends, i know how to fullfill my time and organise things, appreciate things that i am surrounded by! but still there is an emptiness!!! I am not sure having a best friend would rescue me MISPOSH!!!

I felt less alone until my best friend moved away to another town. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself and think that your life sucks when you are alone. One day my friend came round for a chat and she saw my new dog and said how lucky I was to have her; my dog that is. Then when she went away I did feel that my life wasn't so bad after all and it only seems boring sometimes when I don't have somebody to share it with.

Honestly, I think that it's the everyday things in life that matter but people get so wrapped up in the idea that they are failures because they don't have lots of material things, or a glamarous lifestyle.

People go on about "the ideal date" and they want to be millionaires for a day but for me there's nothing more romantic than just walking a lady home, or to the bus stop. When you have had someone come into your life, even if it's only briefly, everything tends to remind you of them, even if it's only for a little while.

----------

I could NOT agree more really! but there is one thing you smashed it: "it only seems boring sometimes when I don't have somebody to share it with." Thats how i feel really! but on the other hand you can just rely on others!

You can't rely on others to be physically present with you all the time, but you can always hold the memories of those special times close in your heart, and no one can take those away from YOU! Therefore, the answer is within YOU and whether you choose to feel the isolation or choose to feel they are constantly with you. :wink:

_________
Thank you so much for those lovely words, you are so right, the answer is within you!

romeo5656's photo
Tue 10/29/13 01:39 PM
Edited by romeo5656 on Tue 10/29/13 01:39 PM

I always feel isolated, it's too scary I never got used to it. I don't have a best friend.

-----------
well, i have friends, i know how to fullfill my time and organise things, appreciate things that i am surrounded by! but still there is an emptiness!!! I am not sure having a best friend would rescue me MISPOSH!!!

I felt less alone until my best friend moved away to another town. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself and think that your life sucks when you are alone. One day my friend came round for a chat and she saw my new dog and said how lucky I was to have her; my dog that is. Then when she went away I did feel that my life wasn't so bad after all and it only seems boring sometimes when I don't have somebody to share it with.

Honestly, I think that it's the everyday things in life that matter but people get so wrapped up in the idea that they are failures because they don't have lots of material things, or a glamarous lifestyle.

People go on about "the ideal date" and they want to be millionaires for a day but for me there's nothing more romantic than just walking a lady home, or to the bus stop. When you have had someone come into your life, even if it's only briefly, everything tends to remind you of them, even if it's only for a little while.

----------

I could NOT agree more really! but there is one thing you smashed it: "it only seems boring sometimes when I don't have somebody to share it with." Thats how i feel really! but on the other hand you can just rely on others!

romeo5656's photo
Tue 10/29/13 10:13 AM

-----------

romeo5656's photo
Tue 10/29/13 10:10 AM

WOW! I am amazed by you guys! It seems like everyone has got different perspectives!

IT often feels alone TBH. specially if your away from home, or you think you should not show it cos creeps will take advantage of it or your son has a lively and busy life style! or internet forums, and many other reasons...all true indeed...

we have all got reasons to be so...but the best way is to engage, participate, communicate...

It`s my understanding that the society suffers from being isolated or alone! however, as some of you already enjoying not to be confined or restricted or limited, and isolated, I call them lucky! (specially those who have never gone through, DC and BETTY)

Tell us more about how to minimise that feeling please! cos i don't want to waste this precious life and just thinking how alone it feels....so please share your story!

For me personally, it's been a matter of finding self-worth first of all, then treating myself to the activities which bring me fulfillment, and some of those include being of service and comfort to others. When you give of yourself, you find fulfillment within yourself. I always find something to do to fill my thoughts, my time, and my attitudes. It does need to be worked at, meaning it does not come automatically to us. It's what we each choose to do, whether to experience an isolated or lonely feeling and to get stuck and dwell only on those things or move forward. I have chosen not to get stuck there. I also have to say, I feel God around me at all times, through faith, and I speak to Him as if he were standing right beside me, and because of this, I have seen miracles in my life and know I am never truly alone. I appreciate every single thing that happens in my life, good or bad, realizing that those things either make me strong, or have occurred because I needed to learn something from them, or to help correct a weakness in myself. There is a reason for everything! It's how we approach those things which determine whether we will go forward or stay stuck and never progress. I treasure each moment as if it were my last. Taking that into consideration, I try to show as much love as I can because I may not be able to show that love to someone tomorrow. None of us are perfect, so I have always forgiven myself for my failings and strive to better myself. This has been my humble experience. :smile: :heart:

looks like a great humble experience tho!

romeo5656's photo
Mon 10/28/13 04:17 AM
well said, lovely tho! but its always great to share your life with someone that you think is worth!

but there is one thing we are all in common is that we are all here for the same reason!

romeo5656's photo
Sun 10/27/13 04:13 PM
WOW! I am amazed by you guys! It seems like everyone has got different perspectives!

IT often feels alone TBH. specially if your away from home, or you think you should not show it cos creeps will take advantage of it or your son has a lively and busy life style! or internet forums, and many other reasons...all true indeed...

we have all got reasons to be so...but the best way is to engage, participate, communicate...

It`s my understanding that the society suffers from being isolated or alone! however, as some of you already enjoying not to be confined or restricted or limited, and isolated, I call them lucky! (specially those who have never gone through, DC and BETTY)

Tell us more about how to minimise that feeling please! cos i don't want to waste this precious life and just thinking how alone it feels....so please share your story!

XXX

romeo5656's photo
Tue 10/22/13 12:41 PM
Do you often feel alone and isolated?

I am tired of that........how about you girls an' boys?