Community > Posts By > GotKidz

GotKidz's photo
Wed 09/08/10 01:02 PM

3) If you are are a bbw...avoid pics that may contribute towards you being a bbw. Although there is certainly a segment of dudes out there that like bbw's, don't narrow your market of those that are sitting on the fence by glorifying your eating habits.

This kind of pissed me off a little bit just because i am a BBW does NOT mean i have any "eating habits" I am big because of a medical condition. Not because i like to "eat too much" you should never tell someone to post a picture of them hiding who they are or to please a certain group of people. If they don;t like you for you then they aren't worth your time anyways. Thanks for the advice but i'll stick to what i already know and what has worked for me.

it wasn't meant to offend you...

i am simply saying that it isn't flattering. understandably some people are bigger or smaller than others and there are preconceived notions that go with that. it does not matter if they are right or wrong. If you have only a few seconds to make a first impression, make the best of it. for example, if a woman says she doen't do drugs, but is surrounded by her roommates drug paraphernalia...it doesn't support her case.

GotKidz's photo
Wed 09/08/10 10:05 AM

I have an idea.

Most Illegals up for deportation are getting sent back with little or no money to get by on.

The folks we need to be going after are the ones givin' them the jobs.

If an Illegal gives verifiable info on who is doing the hiring of Illegals and a bust occurs as a result, give the informant a couple grand to see him/her back home.

PS
No such thing as two-tier criminals.

That's amnesty-speak. No Amnesty!

initially that does not sound like a bad idea...however, since they are 'undocumented workers' and often (if not always) are getting paid under the table...what is to stop them from abusing the system and bringing an unwarranted conviction against a hard working innocent american? of course there will be those 'cut and dry' cases, but i just see this as opening a can of worms. The way the government is now, i can see them fighting for the illegals.

GotKidz's photo
Tue 09/07/10 11:18 PM

This is a complicated two-tiered issue. The first tier is the new arrivals and the second tier is the old arrivals (5+ years). Do you think both should be treated the same? Or, should we put a stop to new arrivals completely and when we are done with that problem turn our attention to the long-term squatters? I know some people that have been in California for years and years, worked hard, raised families and are really good kind people. But you and I know that there are also some really bad scumbag gansters that should be thrown out immediately before they can cause anymore trouble.

I would rather keep all the good illegals, give them a work visa and get them paying taxes and health insurance. Then give them a path to citizenship... don't make it too easy so that the folks who did it "right" have a beef. I think that would make the best humane and economic sense.

That being said, I wish this crazy government of ours would get their act together and slam the border door shut before the terrorist get a dirty bomb in the country. Not to mention all the dopers coming in... Y'all, have you seen the weapons that these drug guys have just feet from the boarder? Have you seen the human smuggling guides that cross some 80 miles into our country carrying AK-47 Assault rifles? I have friends in Arizona that live near the boarder and they are scared to death that one of these wildmen will break into their home to escape the law or to get money or a car. Heck, they have already murdered citizens and shot at boarder patrol.

i agree that it is a complicated problem...just sending them back would create a vacuum that would not have good results...do i think they should be here?? of course not...i live in arizona and for those of you who don't...it's a real eye opener, believe me. i see illegals every day. they do not make any effort to hide themselves because they know we won't do anything about it. when i go out in the morning, it is very typical to see 30+ illegals loitering on a street corner waving people down for work.

GotKidz's photo
Tue 09/07/10 11:11 PM
i think most people would say that it isn't a big deal...or age is just a number...but would those same people date someone 10 years plus or minus their own age? i doubt it.

GotKidz's photo
Mon 09/06/10 10:39 PM
haha...not really...i have been on this site since...uhhh...about april 2007. I have opened and closed several profiles. I am not too serious about dating because I simply don't have that much time. I wish I did...I would really like to find a great lady!

GotKidz's photo
Mon 09/06/10 10:19 PM
Edited by GotKidz on Mon 09/06/10 10:20 PM
i'm not sure...i prefer brunettes but always end up with a blonde...go figure.

GotKidz's photo
Mon 09/06/10 10:03 PM

I understood your point. Whether you are approaching from a male perspective or not - I don't think it's a good idea to dictate how people post their profiles. You can't speak for all men anyway.

I would never put that much energy into telling people how they should appear on a dating site. It's all subjective and diverse.

In reference to putting "limits" on myself, it's not a matter of limitations - it's a matter of attraction and knowing what I like. I don't want to waste my time nor the time of another member.

Again, I revisit the concept of "live and let live". People can do whatever they want with their profiles.

I for one don't care what anyone thinks of mine. For the guy who passes - good - he's probably not a match for me. For the guy that contacts me in the hopes of a connection - good! Then my profile did the job.

nobody, especially me, is 'telling you' or dictating how 'you' should write your own profile...I really don't care how you write your own profile.

I also realize I don't speak for 'all' men, but as a man who reads and looks at female profiles (literally thousands upon thousands-if not more-through the years), I thought I would write about some consistencies that I personally have noticed. If you don't appreciate me trying to help people improve or adjust their profile so that they can get more responses or possibly find that special guy, that's great! you are certainly entitled to feel that way and I would never take that away from you. You're one of a gazillion women on this site and certainly entitled to your opinion about online dating, just as I am.

I have no idea what your purpose on this site is...whether to find true love, to have a casual relationship...frankly I don't care because that is your business, but I do know that there are some (based on the law of averages) who really don't know what they want or what they are doing, which is fine in itself. My hand is extended to those people if they choose to accept it...apparently you don't fit in that category.

It goes without saying...but I'll say it anyways...this is the 'rate my profile' section.

GotKidz's photo
Mon 09/06/10 07:04 PM
I think you miss the point...that isn't what I'm saying at all.

I am just simply saying that if you are trying to make an impression, shock is usually not the best choice. If you were to tell me, 'the only guy out there for me is a guy that has as much body art and piercings as I do!' I'd say you're not in touch with yourself. You're only living in the moment and not seeing the big picture. Of course there are guys out there that appreciate body art...I am one of them. Then there are those that are accepting of it and of course those that cannot stand it. Why place limits on yourself?

As far as the profile content...well you are speaking from a womans point of view...I was pretty clear that I am posting from a male perspective. I think that it is fairly well established fact that guys don't like long profiles...of course there are exceptions.

If you like guys to have long profiles, then I suggest you write a post on what you would recommend for a guy to write in his profile.

GotKidz's photo
Mon 09/06/10 05:20 PM
Edited by GotKidz on Mon 09/06/10 05:22 PM
I am actually a member of a number of sites...I have noticed some fatal flaws of many profiles (at least in my own opinion) that I'd like to share with the group. Feel free to to critique my critique.

(disclaimer: I am a dude, so this will be written from a dudes prospective towards the chickee's profile.)

Dudes are for the most part very visual. If you are trying to capture his eye follow these tips.

1) Post a legitimate picture of yourself. Avoid a pic with your friends (especially if you plan to post only one pic of yourself.

2) Posts realistic pics...heavily photoshopped pics, or pics of your chin or some other body part are discouraging and don't make a very good first impression.

3) If you are are a bbw...avoid pics that may contribute towards you being a bbw. Although there is certainly a segment of dudes out there that like bbw's, don't narrow your market of those that are sitting on the fence by glorifying your eating habits.

4) If you are looking for a decent guy then you should present yourself as a descent woman. If your face looks like a rack you might find at a teenage jewelry store or if you have more art than a new york rail road yard...you might want to try a more conservative route. Nothing wrong with that stuff...just keep in mind that your first impression may last a few seconds, then your dream dude is gone forever. Guys want to see your beauty not have to look past all the hardware and artwork. There is a time for that, but trying to make a good first impression is not that time.

5) SMILE or look happy! Guys don't want a chic that is going to depress them.

6) post a variety of pics...a collage of you doing the samething tells a guy that you're boring. show him that you do different things...that you have variety in your life.

7) If you're ugly (or if you think you're ugly), good job for taking a chance, by putting yourself out there. there truly is someone out there for everyone...have faith and don't get discouraged. post a pic of you in your best honest light.

8) If you are hot (or think your all that), trust me...there are plenty of guys out there that are not so shallow and will look the other way no matter what flairs you may pass their way. Try toning it down some and you may just weed out some of those dirt bags that give internet dating a bad rap.

As far as your profile is concerned...less is more! you don't want to have a blank profile, but fortunately or unfortunately, most dudes don't have the patience to read an extensive profile...that's just the way it is. Hit some of your major likes and dislikes, but make sure that you put double your likes 2:1 over your dislikes. Again, guys are not looking for someone that is going to depress them, just as you are not looking for a guy that is going to make you want to slit your wrists.

Try to keep some nuggets for yourself to share later. If you put it all out there, there is nothing to surprise him with. Dudes do like to be surprised as long as it's in a positive way and not the 'I just gave you herpes' kinda way. Be genuine, honest and yourself. If you're a fun loving dork that loves science fiction...then own it...if you're a sex starved, trouble making whore...then I'm sure there is a group of guys for you too, but if you are deceitful, then no one comes out ahead in the end.

Age has become a big topic on all dating sites...most people are deceitful about it...more than half the ladies I have met online were not truthful about their age. All I can say is be honest...if you are 16 posing as a 20 year old or if you are 45 posing as a 32 year old, you are doing yourself and your guy a disservice.

I will leave it there for now...if you have comments, questions, or insults, please do let me know...I have thick skin.

~JB

GotKidz's photo
Mon 06/14/10 12:44 PM
had you had nsa sex with him before?

1 3 Next