Community > Posts By > Marla

no photo
Fri 01/20/23 12:08 PM
Good one.

no photo
Thu 01/12/23 01:21 PM
My own experience has been that chemistry is usually fleeting without compatibility. Just like in real chemistry, chemicals need a stabilizer to prevent degradation. (Joke)

no photo
Thu 01/12/23 12:55 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I had thought I was agreeing with you and stating some specific ways to minimize stress I am aware of. Where do you feel I am arguing for limitations?

No need to feel sorry, I didn't share that to get sympathy but to make a point clear.
As for arguing for limitations, I got that from you entire post. The "It is possible but not when...", making it conditional and dependent on external factors.
Maybe you didn't mean to imply that.

SparklingCrystal, I didn't get the impression you were vying for sympathy. I'm just sorry for anyone's bad experiences.

I did not mean to imply that it's not possible. I love what you wrote.

no photo
Mon 01/09/23 03:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I had thought I was agreeing with you and stating some specific ways to minimize stress I am aware of. Where do you feel I am arguing for limitations?

no photo
Sat 01/07/23 06:02 AM
SparklingCrystal, you are right on the nose with this post. I have been very conscious of my news exposure for years as well.

Removing unnecessary stress influences from our lives is my first recommendation to those experiencing stress or anxiety...or not.

We alleviate much anxiety by actively dealing with the unavoidable stressors that are truly our responsibility and not internalizing others stressful events that we are not responsible for or cannot influence in the moment anyway.

Work related stresses, like heavy workloads or deadlines cannot be avoided. (Not in the moment, anyway.) Getting involved in co-worker drama or break room gossip stresses are avoidable.

Family related stresses, like a parent with dementia or child with a behavioral disorder, cannot be avoided. Being proactive and seeking professional help for these situations lesson the stress generated. But at least this is your stress to manage. Isn't that enough?

Online headline surfing is a good way to stay updated on important current events without subjecting ourselves to overstimulation detail and imagery captured on live or streaming news feeds.

no photo
Wed 01/04/23 02:36 PM
I noticed a big difference within a couple of weeks of switching to HIIT Training in my early 50s. The exercises that had kept me trim from my 20's to my 40's were just not doing as much. Two weeks into HIIT training I began to lose weight again.

no photo
Fri 12/16/22 02:41 PM
My joy for the holidays is in the satisfaction I feel for the season overall. I love the anticipation of snow and gathering by the fireplace.

My happiness occurs when it does snow, and I am enjoying my cup of tea by the fireplace with friends.

Have a Happy Holidays Everyone!

no photo
Thu 12/08/22 03:15 PM
Thank you, delightfulilusion.

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 08:09 PM
Hello, everyone!

I'm new to the site and trying to get my profile up and running.

I've encountered some trouble changing my sex to female. I've been in Profile Editing and tried the drop-down menu. It won't budge. Can anyone offer any advice?

Marla