some_what_pushover's photo
Mon 03/28/22 06:42 PM

It's not hard to find information if you look for it....here is a source, the same source you used about the cost of charging an EV rather than buying gas:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/just-39percent-of-americans-could-pay-for-a-1000-emergency-expense.html

I agree it's cheaper to drive an EV a 100 miles compared to gas vehicle. But that doesn't change the fact that most middle and lower income people can't afford an EV. If a person can't afford an EV the cost of charging one is irrelevant which means they have one of two choices. They can quit driving or they can buy gasoline. I actually want to see a future with mostly zero emission vehicles being used.....but I'm more concerned about the present hardships being face by middle and lower income people.

I thought the original whole point of government was to protect people, from enemies both foreign and domestic. While I understand why the federal government has expanded from it's original purpose to improve the lives of people I'm don't like the direction some want the government to go.....and that is making people dependent on government. When adults become a dependent they lose their independence, freedom and control. It's no different than when younger children are more easily controlled when they are more dependent on their parents and as they get older their freedoms increase as their dependence decreases.
I have no problem with helping people who ACTUALLY can't help themselves, my problem is with people who WON'T help themselves and the government enabling people not helping themselves.

I find a lot of things humorous, in fact I find many of the ridiculous things people say on forums humorous, many that aren't worth responding to because of their ridiculousness. I'm not talking about you, if fact I think we would have a spirited conversation if we were to meet in person and find a few things to laugh about. I also respect the fact you haven't resorted to personal insults.

I don’t think I know enough about car prices to comment further. You might be right but when I look up the price of a new 2022 Prius it MsRP for $25000 with 56mpg but a Corolla of the same year goes for $5000 less with 30mpg. Now with most people making car payments wouldn’t the hybrid be a more affordable long term deal? ( I ask because honestly I have never paid more than $3000 for a vehicle and I never bought a vehicle I I couldn’t pay cash for)

I love electric cars but that’s not available to all. The technology is too expensive for most and it is definitely more of a status symbol to own one. As a new Tesla is like $60000. But it’s one of things that if more people got into hybrids and electric (if they can afford it) they sees like it would lessen our dependency on gas and on foreign gas infrastructure. Good right?

I don’t think anyone enjoys a system where people leech off of the rest of us unless you are someone that is leeching. So what you said about certain people taking even though they can earn on their own isn’t a debatable topic. Most I think would agree from lower to upper class but especially lower! You work 8 hours at a shitty job to see someone doing as well or even better than you without doing anything? Hell no!

I’ll equate it to the gun debate. When people try to put restrictions on guns and welfare, the automatic response is that the government is trying to take it all away. So there is such a big push back. When it’s not the topic.

However I think the government has gotten much better with welfare in the black community (even though they could still do much better!) They we’re outright trying to keep blacks dependent on welfare by doing things such as keeping men out of the home and disqualifying homes with certain appliances. It’s bad now but it was much worse before

Sat 03/26/22 04:46 PM

I see nothing humorous about the gas prices especially since the people most affected are middle and lower income people. It's not a joking matter and those who say the solution is to "buy an electric vehicle" are out of touch with the reality that MOST people live. Suggesting that middle and lower income people just go buy a 50K to 100K EV have no clue or don't care that less than 40 percent of Americans would be able to cover an unexpected $1,000 expense.
You asked what happened to Trump's wall.....I explained WHY it isn't complete. Biden DIDN'T have to build anything nor did he have to stop the wall construction.
He also DIDN'T have to get rid of the "stay in Mexico" policy.
Numbers don't lie, and the numbers show who's policies reduced illegal crossings and what happened when those policies were reversed.
Time lines don't lie either and all anyone has to do is look at when gas and oil prices increased with relationship to the change in policies.
As far as "the wall" goes if a physical barriers didn't work why do rich people live in gated communities and or have walls around their properties? Why was there a fence put up in Washington DC around congressional building by the SAME people who claim physical barriers don't work???
Perhaps people expecting or waiting for "our government to fix stuff for us" rather than taking personal responsibility is part of what is wrong today. Personal responsibility starts with making decisions but it doesn't end with someone else, or the government, paying for those decisions.
I've been poor, there was a time I struggled to feed my family and I KNEW I had to "fix" that situation myself which I did. I'm not wealthy now but I have saved enough money, and continue to save even though I'm retired, that it would be a quite while before I'd be desperate.

You don’t see anything humorous? Lol everything has humor in it. But I’m guessing you’re more serious. That’s cool. Enjoy that.

BUT I’m not sure if you would agree but gasoline is a finite resource which will eventually run out. So instead of everyone rushing to get electric then some can transition now. I don’t know where you got the $1000 expense but it has also been cheaper to charge a car rather than buy gas.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/19/cost-of-charging-ev-vs-gas-prices.html

While wall may be a deterrent, they often provide a sense security rather than actually stopping crime. It’s like locking your car door. Car thieves can easily pick your lock but locking it makes us feel better.

But again I think you missed my point about the wall. So I’ll just let it go.

As far as waiting for the government to fix things, I thought that was the whole point of the government? I mean me and you can’t do everything for all of American which is why we elect people to take care of things for us right?

Sat 03/26/22 09:54 AM

Perhaps you have a very short memory or are also anti-facts.
Trump is just a figurehead but has already produced clones and I'm afraid we'll be fighting them for the foreseeable future.
You'll be able to recognize them easily, they'll be posing with dead fish.............

Really? You have to resort to me posing with fish as a retort to the actual fact that YOU incessantly mention Trump and that he is obviously living in your head? Pathetically juvenile.

I wasn't a fan, and I'm still not a fan, of Trump's rhetoric. Personally I didn't/don't watch his rallies because I didn't/don't like listening to him. I'm not a fan of Biden either so I don't listen to him because I don't believe what he's reading from a teleprompter that someone else wrote....and also largely because I feel bad for him since he seems to be in cognitive decline.

But unlike some people I don't care about personalities of ANY president, I care about RESULTS OF THEIR POLICIES.

What are facts about what has RESULTED since the Biden administrations instituted policies:
1)There has been a dramatic increase in ILLEGAL crossings at the southern border.
2)There has been a dramatic increase in gas and oil prices.....which the Biden administration blamed initially on "big oil". Now it's being blamed on Putin.
3)Inflation, which was originally called "transitory" AKA temporary, by the Biden administration has continued to increase at decade high rates. Now it's being blamed on Putin.

No matter what happens Biden and his administration gaslights and plays the "blame game" for EVERY problem that is the RESULT of policies THEY enacted.

Now Biden is saying that sanctions DON'T deter when questioned by the media during his European trip when his spokespeople have said publicly MANY times that sanctions were deterrents. Now since the sanctions DIDN'T have the deterrent effect of the original rhetoric the rhetoric is changing.

I'm no ones clone...I'm an independent person who isn't a zealot to any political party or a lapdog who defends or condemns any politician based on political affiliation.

See the problems that I can’t get around is what problems are a DIRECT result of each president and which are partially inherited?
Of course he had a hand in it but we also know he was going to be a “green” president. Gas would price were going to be an issue.
I drive a motorcycle and get 50mph cost me $7 a week to commute so idc raise the gas lol

In your original post you wrote:
"Tru,p where’s the wall? Biden why do we still have student loans?"

Well the wall WAS being built after going through some law suits trying to stop it while Trump was president. The answer to what happened to the wall NOT being completes shouldn't be addressed to Trump, it should be addressed to Biden.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-stopped-construction-trumps-border-060359881.html

Among the first 17 executive orders President Biden signed Wednesday evening was one hitting "pause" on construction of former President Donald Trump's border wall. "It shall be the policy of my administration that no more American taxpayer dollars be diverted to construct a border wall," Biden's order said. "I am also directing a careful review of all resources appropriated or redirected to construct a southern border wall."

Biden gave the Pentagon and Homeland Security departments up to a week to stop all border construction, and for the most part, the frantic wall-building Trump had unleashed in his last months in office had stopped by Thursday, The Associated Press reports. The Army Corps of Engineers said Thursday it told its contractors to stop installing any additional barriers and do only what's "necessary to safely prepare each site for a suspension of work."

--------
There is the answer to the question "where's the wall". Finding answers to questions isn't difficult even with minimal effort.

And while you can use a motorcycle to commute so the increase of gas prices don't bother you, your option ISN'T feasible in most states where fall, winter and early spring temperatures are below freezing. It's also NOT feasible for parents, the elderly, handicapped people or even Uber drivers who are quitting because of gas prices.
For most people gas prices are an issue especially for construction contractors who are spending over a hundred bucks to fill their work trucks. Is that laughable to you because it doesn't affect you the same way?

Take it easy man! The last part about the motorcycle was clearly a joke! Gas price increase affects everyone. Such as when truckers are transporting goods which result is cost being passed on to the consumer.

But for the other part, it seems like you are backing up what I was saying. I said since when does a president fulfill all their promise? Ie Trump wall and Biden loans. And your response mentioned that Trump was blocked by lawsuits. (Checks and balances right? President doesn’t have absolute power) Then apparently Biden was supposed to complete Trump’s wall?
So instead of holding our politicians accountable, only the opposing side brings up questions while the others make defense for their guy.

I would agree with you in that border security is an issue. I believe most people would agreee that they want a safe country. But where we differ is HOW to go about doing it. I think a wall is a large waste of resources. Especially when many are coming through via tunnels, bribes, and corruption of even our own people.

Last,y when people stop fighting each other about trivial stuff like whose part of which gang, that’s when we can come together and tell our government to fix stuff for us WHICH IS THE WHOLE REASON WE PAY THESE PEOPLE!

Fri 03/25/22 08:23 PM

The liberal swamp has oozed across the border to Canada. Now their prime minister and the Canadian police are going to extreme measures to silence Canadians and imprison citizens for honking their car horn or possession of a gas can or giving food or water to the Truckers that are expressing their right to refuse to inject a drug into their body that they don’t feel comfortable doing. These Truckers are doing this not for themselves( they are 85% vaccinated) they are doing this for all people that value personal freedom. Soon the truckers here in America will be joining their Trucker brothers with their own convoy. It’s time to end the mandates once and for all or else the liberal party will bury itself. It wasn’t long ago these same liberals were cheering on the Truckers for delivery thru the pandemic.

I’m in CA one of the most liberal state I think. We are done with mandates. Why are they protesting something that’s just about over?

Fri 03/25/22 08:03 PM

lying is not a gaff. It is a character flaw. Biden is a habitual lier, he's been caught in serious lies his entire career. From his education. to plagiarism, to making up entire tales of events.. that never happened.
Now if he was someone's harmless kooky Uncle that would be one thing. but he is not, he is the President of the United States. And by his own doing a President that can not be trusted to tell the truth.
And that is a very scared thing, not only to us but to our allies.
people like to say " well. what about Trump". that " crutch" has to stop.. Trump is not the President
And I am not " Trumper ", I am a independent who has voted both sides over my years. Voted for who I thought was the best person for the job at that particular time. From President down to local mayor.

Who would you consider the last “honest” president?

Fri 03/25/22 08:03 PM

lying is not a gaff. It is a character flaw. Biden is a habitual lier, he's been caught in serious lies his entire career. From his education. to plagiarism, to making up entire tales of events.. that never happened.
Now if he was someone's harmless kooky Uncle that would be one thing. but he is not, he is the President of the United States. And by his own doing a President that can not be trusted to tell the truth.
And that is a very scared thing, not only to us but to our allies.
people like to say " well. what about Trump". that " crutch" has to stop.. Trump is not the President
And I am not " Trumper ", I am a independent who has voted both sides over my years. Voted for who I thought was the best person for the job at that particular time. From President down to local mayor.

Who would you consider the last “honest” president?

Fri 03/25/22 07:51 PM

Perhaps you have a very short memory or are also anti-facts.
Trump is just a figurehead but has already produced clones and I'm afraid we'll be fighting them for the foreseeable future.
You'll be able to recognize them easily, they'll be posing with dead fish.............

Really? You have to resort to me posing with fish as a retort to the actual fact that YOU incessantly mention Trump and that he is obviously living in your head? Pathetically juvenile.

I wasn't a fan, and I'm still not a fan, of Trump's rhetoric. Personally I didn't/don't watch his rallies because I didn't/don't like listening to him. I'm not a fan of Biden either so I don't listen to him because I don't believe what he's reading from a teleprompter that someone else wrote....and also largely because I feel bad for him since he seems to be in cognitive decline.

But unlike some people I don't care about personalities of ANY president, I care about RESULTS OF THEIR POLICIES.

What are facts about what has RESULTED since the Biden administrations instituted policies:
1)There has been a dramatic increase in ILLEGAL crossings at the southern border.
2)There has been a dramatic increase in gas and oil prices.....which the Biden administration blamed initially on "big oil". Now it's being blamed on Putin.
3)Inflation, which was originally called "transitory" AKA temporary, by the Biden administration has continued to increase at decade high rates. Now it's being blamed on Putin.

No matter what happens Biden and his administration gaslights and plays the "blame game" for EVERY problem that is the RESULT of policies THEY enacted.

Now Biden is saying that sanctions DON'T deter when questioned by the media during his European trip when his spokespeople have said publicly MANY times that sanctions were deterrents. Now since the sanctions DIDN'T have the deterrent effect of the original rhetoric the rhetoric is changing.

I'm no ones clone...I'm an independent person who isn't a zealot to any political party or a lapdog who defends or condemns any politician based on political affiliation.

See the problems that I can’t get around is what problems are a DIRECT result of each president and which are partially inherited?
Of course he had a hand in it but we also know he was going to be a “green” president. Gas would price were going to be an issue.
I drive a motorcycle and get 50mph cost me $7 a week to commute so idc raise the gas lol

Fri 03/25/22 07:39 PM

So as you see some_what_pushover, this "discussion" has degenerated into name calling, the last bastion of the truly "faithful" on both sides of any issue.

I’m so clueless as to how this happens!? Liberal so and so, right wing blah, left wing do dah? It nonsense words. It much more intelligent and rewarding to have a discussion. Sometimes you can persuade others or have someone make you question your own beliefs.

Fri 03/25/22 07:25 PM

The OP asks.....
"As the tittle suggest, I don’t understand certain types of political people. Can you provide me with an explanation of their rationale?"

To understand the "rationale" of certain types of "political people" one only has to look at what many Americans DON'T know about the government.

In 2021 a study showed only 42 percent of Americans could pass the U.S. Citizenship Test and sadly that is up 6 percent from a study 3 years earlier. As a "naturalized" citizen myself, who had no trouble passing the test, I find this rather troubling because just a BASIC knowledge of the government was needed.

In 2019 a survey by the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, only 39 percent of Americans can name all three branches of government. The survey showed 22 percent of Americans could not even name one branch of government and only 14 percent could name two branches.

I don't have kids in school now so I have no idea of what is and isn't being taught to kids today. But surveys lead me to believe that a serious look at the k-12 civics/government curriculum needs to done.

I’ve taught it while doing Ancient Greece and Rome. But like most schools, not all kids pass. Which again brings me to question. if you don’t even know how the government works then why do you feel like you should have an opinion.

Wed 03/23/22 06:58 PM

I too have often wondered why people believe what they believe. It's called faith. They believe it because they believe it's true. They may be uneducated about other "faiths". They may just not want to learn about other "faiths". They may not read. They may only read what confirms what they already believe is true and disregard anything to the contrary. It may be the way they were brought up. Peer pressure has a lot of influence on some folks. It may be that they were "lost", and found direction in believing what ever they believe.

In short; some folks believe all kinds of crazy chit, tis the way of the world.

I agree with the above and would try to help here;
For years I had all but ignored politics, then last year on here I couldn't help but notice a large amount of verbal bullying of the pro Trump type.
I've always hated bullies so I jumped in and started posting educated, researched and factual posts for the other side (democrates).
As bully's sometimes do these people did the equivalent of a child covering their ears and talking over you, it was hopeless so I quit posting in this section.
Those that suffer these delusions are often fanatical so beware!

I experienced the same thing! I was losing basic respect for people when they acted so childish. As an adult, everyone should be able to express their viewpoints respectfully and in an intellectual manner. I’m a middle school teacher so if you can’t do that then I instantly place you in the same intellectual category as a 7th grader.

Wed 03/23/22 06:55 PM

ITS THERE STORY THEY WERE HANDED BY THE FAMILY

THEY WERE RAISED IN......THEY PROJECT IT TO WORLD,

AND THE WOLD BEING A MIRROR THEY GET BACK WHAT THEY

EXPECT....ITS LIKE WE TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO TREAT

US.......THERE IS A REALLY GOOD BOOK BY ERIC BERNE

CALLED ''GAMES PEOPLE PLAY'' THAT EXPLAINS WHAT

PEOPLE DO TO SUPPORT THERE SCRIPT.....EVERYONE HAS

HIDDEN AGENDAS, THE LAST PERSON TO KNOW IS

THEMSELVES..WHEN THEY FIND IT OUT ITS CALLED SELF

AWARENESS......

Do you have personal experience in this? Growing up my parents instilled things in me but I did not hold on to everything be cause the world showed me something on he contrary. I think what you are saying is true but I have not had any real world examples of this… maybe because of my job.

Wed 03/23/22 06:49 PM

I too have often wondered why people believe what they believe. It's called faith. They believe it because they believe it's true. They may be uneducated about other "faiths". They may just not want to learn about other "faiths". They may not read. They may only read what confirms what they already believe is true and disregard anything to the contrary. It may be the way they were brought up. Peer pressure has a lot of influence on some folks. It may be that they were "lost", and found direction in believing what ever they believe.

In short; some folks believe all kinds of crazy chit, tis the way of the world.

I partially understand your comment. I was under the notion that faith will arise due to lack of concrete evidence. I can not prove that God exist but I have faith that he does. I can’t prove what happens after death but I have faith the Lord will come for me.

However when faith bridges the mind when their is evidence available that just seems like ignorance bordering on stupidity. Don’t believe when you can prove. Right?

Wed 03/23/22 06:44 PM

With the level of corruption and hypocrisy we are witnessing nowadays it is imperative that people voice their opinions . We see the inept policies being enforced that weaken our influence in the world and destroy a once great economy in just a short period of time, so yes I will voice my opinion. Don’t be fooled by what the media tells you they are corrupt as the positions. Take what you see as real not what you hear.

. From my studies, I’ve noticed that our politics has ALWAYS been corrupt. And the hypocrisy has been there since the start of our great nation. Part of what I was saying is some people have opinions on things they clearly don’t understand. I’m not an expert on many things so why would I open my mouth to throw out wild uneducated sentences?

Mon 03/21/22 11:34 PM
As the tittle suggest, I don’t understand certain types of political people. Can you provide me with an explanation of their rationale?

1. People that insert politics in news stories. Crime up? It’s because of president blank. School shootings? Why has president blank allowed this?

2. People that believe in politicians. Has there ever been any president that has done everything they said they’d do? Tru,p where’s the wall? Biden why do we still have student loans?

3. Education to political confidence. Look we all went to school and we know that some people were stupid right. Now they’ve grown up but have such strong opinions. If you fail your high school government class why would you still feel like you know about government?

4. Hidden political stuff. Let’s go Biden, that okay sign, etc. Why not just say **** Biden, Trump, etc? Why the coded messages?

5. Not so political but why do certain people believe the government wants to take their guns? I have one, I’m in California and I don’t think it was that difficult to get one. I mean it’s hard if your a crazy person but do we want crazy people with guns?

6. Last what’s with the political gangs? Why do people support one side over the other and treat the other like they need to be sterilized? I like some Republican ideas and some Democrat ideas. Wouldn’t most dynamic people be the same? Are there really so many one dimensional people?

I really look forward to your responses thanks!

Sat 07/10/21 09:11 AM

You can make life decisions based on what others think or you can make life decisions based on what you think.
Try to remember, you are the one living behind your eyes.

While you can ask others to help you make your decisions, ultimately, you already know the answer and what you 'want' to do.
You are just looking for confirmation by public sentiment.
However, your relationships are intimate and personal. It really doesn't matter what public sentiment says, its how you personally feel.

You should do whatever you think you should do.
Get yer ducks in a row and make a wise choice.
Since it involves another person, include her in your wisdom.
Certainly not me or a bunch of other strangers.

Figure out who you are, where you're heading and where you 'want' to be and you will make wiser decisions.

If you ask your question to a pro-marriage group, you will get entirely different answers.
Consider the source.

Who better to determine your life's path than you?

Just have some issues with regret.

It’s like trading you trade in your busted car, then find that the cars at the dealership are even worse. So now your walking down the street thinking fondly of your old busted car. This situation isn’t black and white and I feel like I’m missing something in the gray area.

Sat 07/10/21 08:54 AM

You asked the same thing a month ago.
Going back to someone with whom it didn't work out is not a smart move.
And you want to do it because you cannot find someone else and you hate dating. Which is not a good reason, and not a good start of something new either.

But since you already posted about it a month ago... I'd say...
Stop asking us here, get on with it, and just go back.

You right!

Fri 07/09/21 11:44 PM

No, never go back!

The reason/s she became your ex will still be there and the issues aren’t resolved. If things were okay between you then you’d still be together. Why go back for more of the same? It doesn’t make sense.

Put your big boy pants on and be resolute. You will find someone who aligns with you more.

So what I’ve been hearing is that there will always be a problem and that. You have to learn to work through problems. That’s if you want a long term (marriage) relationship to work out. So that has me wondering if Maybe I quit too soon.

Maybe there is someone else that aligns with me more but the question is if I’ll ever find that person?

And no it’s too hot for pants!

Fri 07/09/21 11:14 PM
Going to keep it short.

Broke up with Gf two months ago.
We have been still talking as friends for about 2 and a half weeks now. Dating has been abysmal and pretty disheartening.

Am I kidding myself in looking elsewhere? Is it time to give the ex another try?

Simply put How do you know when to take ex back?

Sat 06/26/21 07:04 PM

I think my mind fluttered...

I’m sorry

Mon 06/14/21 04:51 PM
Well unfortunately I must admit that in a relationship I still check out other women. It isn’t often and it’s never when she is around. Some people just look nice in my opinion.
I feel like it’s okay since im not doing it in front of her and I’d never do anything.

Previous 1 3 4