Old_School_Gentleman's photo
Fri 11/08/13 12:10 AM
Edited by Old_School_Gentleman on Fri 11/08/13 12:13 AM

as a young Christian woman I question even whether dating in itself is ok (in that I believe more in courting) but these beliefs seem so outdated that I doubt I'll ever find my other half that way. However I want to meet him sometime soon and in modern culture I'm wondering if online is the right way to go or is that kind of saying that I don't trust God to lead the right man across my path in his own way and his own time
Any opinions here? (Or any Spirit-Filled Christian men from Northern Ireland on this? lol)

Courting is simply an older version of dating The only real difference is the inclusion of a chaperone. There is nothing stopping you taking along a trusted chaperone with you on any dates you may go on. These beliefs are NOT out-dated. Was there an expiry date placed on the Bible? I don't recall finding one. Finding your "other half" this way should be just as easy (or difficult) as not using a chaperone. Simply because if he is truly interested in you, then he should understand that you are only following what you believe in and that if he is to be a real and lasting part of your life, then he needs to know that your beliefs are deep and very important to you. You don't want to find in 10 or 20 years time that he has (slowly over time) turned you into someone you are not. Finding someone "soon" should not be as important to you as finding the right person for you to spend forever with. One last thing ... How do you know that finding someone online is not the way that God has chosen for you to meet someone?
I pray you will find what you seek.
Take Care.

Thu 11/07/13 11:20 PM
Hi Diana,
Welcome to the forum. If you want any help with your English, please just let me know in a Private Message. Otherwise I hope you enjoy your time here and get to know al the regulars.

Sun 11/03/13 09:21 PM
Hi Nelly,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here. If you need anything, please just ask.
Regards
Rob

Sun 11/03/13 08:12 PM
How about to drive your car you try a solar powered steam engine?

To boost the heating unit during cooler times you could use a hydrogen flame, its only bi-product is water.

Developing a high capacity electrolysis unit for producing your hydrogen is what will really put your name in lights.

Sun 11/03/13 06:21 PM
Anyone on the Mid North Coast NSW? I'm in the Kempsey area and I'm looking to meet new friends. omeone to share a walk on the beach, share a meal? Someone to chat with, maybe even offer each other a shoulder when needed? Anyone just looking for companionship?

Sun 11/03/13 06:10 PM
Hi All,
My name is Rob and I'm looking to meet new friends. If you'd be interested in chatting to see if there's a new friendship in our future, please just let me know.
To clarify, I'm not looking for a shag buddy or a wife; I'm looking for a friend, someone to go for a walk on the beach with, share a meal, talk to. Maybe even a shoulder to lean on or even the odd hug now and again. Companionship? Is such a thing possible between a bloke and a lady without the demands that go along with being some kind of sexual super stud?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Rob

Sun 11/03/13 02:16 AM

Hello!flowerforyou
I'm new to this 'online' thing... Eeek! However, as my title suggests, i'm feeling brave :smile: So I thought I would just pop over here and introduce myself, maybe throw in a friendly hello and a smile or two :smile: happy
My name is Kaylee and im 18 :) I'm a tad weird compared to most people my age as I don't watch tv, online game etc... I love to read and daydream! Love music and art etc... So yes :smile: That's me in a nutshell :smile:
waving HELLO MINGLE2 PEOPLE waving

Hi Kaylee,
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions or confusions, just ask, someone in the forum should have an answer for you.

Sat 11/02/13 04:59 AM

is there any good guys left in this world!!!!!!!!!

There must be. Just as you look for the right guy, I look for the right lady.
Without the hopes, dreams, wishes and prayers keeping me looking for someone to care for I am nothing. Therefore I must believe she is out there somewhere.
Don't let the black cloud of depression beat you down, fight back and keep searching. He must be there somewhere

Sat 11/02/13 04:06 AM
I may only be new here, but I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents anyway. Pinky and Sura have both said things that are true, however no-one has yet painted an entire picture. This thread seems to be a lot of stereotypical views that are at the least incomplete.
Everyone is painting all men for example with the same brush by saying "all men are bastards" this is not true. My mum & dad were married when they had me and so I am not a bastard.
To say "All men are mean to women" is also a stereotypical view. I have always and will always do my utmost to treat all women as ladies and offer them all the same respect I would expect in return. It is only after getting to know someone more deeply that my opinion "MAY" differ from the original opinion of any person I meet for the first time.

Sat 11/02/13 03:30 AM
I'm kinda new here, still sorting out my profile in fact. A small problem has arisen in doing this. It says I'm in ACT and this is wrong, I'm actually in NSW. I can't find how to fix this. Any ideas, thoughts, comments or even solutions very much appreciated.