JaiGi's photo
Thu 09/03/15 03:27 PM

I need to get a monkey.

Heard of women making a monkey out of us men
first time the other way around.
:tongue:

JaiGi's photo
Wed 09/02/15 11:07 AM
so one can keep a dog, a cat, even a cow (horse) as a pet, friend and companion; why not monkeys? Used to be in India, we had them till the Indian wildlife protection act kicked in.

Actually, your monkey will love you to death (really) but there's then the other side. As a 'troop' they know stealth and steal from farms and fruit vendors. In our towns they harass old women off their possessions and get drunk off of stolen whiskey. To be fair to them, it's cause they don't know how to read, haven't any idea of the law and don't care about 'life after death'.

More over, Indian (Hindu) society has the Devine avtar of a He Man, a Hercules and it is Hanu-man, a money avatar; a God of Yoga. So the Law here reflects this and does not permit 'hurting' a monkey. For this reason, the Langoors are excluded in this discussions.

Langoors? No, they are not chimps at all, or gorillas; may be the Indian version of the orangutan or i must admit, a better version of us Indians, actually. They command respect. Honestly, I walked through a group in some hill country, they 'let me pass'. (thank you)

So in a few cities, we do have the chimp 'menace' and even if we 'trap' them, these monkeys breed too quickly and the government won’t sterilize them. That's the law!!

i met an older chimp, big fella; at a remote construction site; he was there with his troop, kids and all, uninvited; laughed when he caught me taking a shower; I guess he had a better sex life!

Later his missus would thump her chest 'inviting me?'. they left, a neighboring farmer had used those pellet guns.

When chimps get dunk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmnzIhbX2bg

JaiGi's photo
Tue 09/01/15 01:30 PM
Edited by JaiGi on Tue 09/01/15 01:31 PM

It's like Romeo driving without needing directions. Why? Cause he's already been there.

Ok, to be fair, the OP missed in the telling: When he climbed the tree, his hungry girlfriend was not around. So when she finally comes by, our Archer's flexing, aiming to throw.., when a gentle breeze would do it.

I missed something mmmmm
Maybe a drink would help me to get it.

Now this seems more like a cultural thing.
rofl rofl

JaiGi's photo
Tue 09/01/15 07:47 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Tue 09/01/15 07:48 AM

Guess I am to old or wrong culture, can someone explain this joke, please?

You see ripe mangoes don't need to be stoned; shaking the branches would do it.
rofl rofl

JaiGi's photo
Sat 08/29/15 09:23 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Sat 08/29/15 09:39 AM
Frankly, those cosmic pics are both terrific & terrifying
(with the terrifying getting to me first :smile: )

Then as Tulip mentions:
'eye in the sky'
, seems to be the next logical step.

In other words, a future gen space observatory would logically be an eye that talks to itself instead of NASA who are light years away.

Sounds reasonable, the Eye deciding to look in a particular direction deciding when to quit and swivel & scan for 'next episode' of cosmic events.
I suppose, NASA has already encapsulated 'light years' in their 'Eye in the Sky' program

JaiGi's photo
Sat 08/29/15 04:57 AM
thanks to Mowtown, the Shinola story (wiki):
The original Shinola shoe polish brand was founded in Rochester New York in 1907, and went out of business in 1960.[2] In 2001, the name Shinola was acquired by Bedrock Manufacturing, a venture capital firm based in Dallas, Texas (later rechristened as Bedrock Brands). Kartsotis wanted to create an American watch-manufacturing brand to rival Swiss-makers at a lower price point.[3] The management at Bedrock Manufacturing chose the name "Shinola" when the World War II era colloquialism, "You don't know 'c'hit from Shinola," surfaced in a conversation. Unexpectedly, the joke generated a serious discussion about restoring the Shinola brand.[4][5] Market surveys established that consumers—when faced with a choice of paying $5 for a pen from China, $10 for one made in the United States, and $15 for a pen made in Detroit—would be willing to pay a premium for the last one.[4]

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 08:28 PM
laugh
i hope no pun was intended. laugh

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 03:12 PM

On similar lines, Ethiopia makes great strategic sense

Who will know, we didn't think about that possibility.

If GB is assisting smaller economies with affordable space programs;
forming cooperatives and so on there's always a larger integrated plan.

GB may not be as large as USA, Russia or China but they have management expertise; after all as colonial masters they ruled an empire spanning what is half the planet.

Why throw out 'management'? In these days of mega large corporations, management has 'no color'.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 02:58 PM

3 million dollars building the "biggest" observatory in Africa.

they may be starting with a pilot plant, training up the players before expanding to main plant.

i was quite surprised to read Daily Mail also stating India is also receiving aid from GB. There's always that cooperation between what is 'commonwealth nations', former colonies; & even after Independence, India stayed a member for a long time. (not so sure about it's significance now).

on the other hand, European institutions do 'outsource' their low tech satellite launches out to India. Given the small air-space, it makes sense for GB to leverage on Indian relationships for some of the missions.

On similar lines, Ethiopia makes great strategic sense

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 02:28 PM
Scientific assets can be grown for the long term.
If they don't do it now, the sacrifices i mean; all of Africa will go the Boko Haram way.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 02:27 PM
but the elite don't really care about starving children...

Teach a man to fish. that's what it is all about.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 02:23 PM
but many people ask at what cost?.

It's for the next gen. As someone said..'the poor will always be among'st us'.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 02:18 PM
Being poor is not a boundary to start this program

Heartily agree. In fact, Africa's development (outside of oil rich) has been long delayed.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 02:01 PM
Edited by JaiGi on Fri 08/28/15 02:02 PM
Kiwi Black was the popular brand even after the Brits got into the business of shoe polish. It used to be called "British made Kiwi Boot Polish" but the official line of the 'over 100 years old' UK company has been different...

The iconic "one penny tin" with its original "butterfly" twist opener was introduced in 1907 as was the name "xxxxxx xxxxxxx Boot Polish".

Shoe polish was to be found just about everywhere Allied troops ventured. American war correspondent Walter Graeber wrote for TIME magazine from the Tobruk trenches in 1942 that "old tins of British-made Kiwi polish lay side by side with empty bottles of Chianti."

So in the Tobruk Trenches, it was still known as British made 'Kiwi polish'. As dates are key to this story, for those among us born after 1945: August 14, 1945, was when gunfire ended with Allied occupation of Japan.

And this is where someone slipped in a few dots in the Wiki-page and they seemed to connect differently; a Jean (Gertrude) Williams is reported to have observed...
American soldiers were then finding the dullness of their boots and shoes to be a handicap when trying to win the affections of Japanese women...

When the British Commonwealth Occupation Forces arrived in Japan—all with boots polished to a degree not known in the U.S. forces—the G.I.s were more conscious than ever of their feet. The secret was found to rest not only in spit and polish, but in the superior YYY boot polish, a commodity which was soon exchanged with the Americans on a fluctuating basis of so many packets of cigarettes for one can of YYYY boot polish.

we can guess the rest of the story. a young GI groaning about the British success rate and the name for the Japanese chicks catching on and
transferring to the shoe polish. It was of course..

JaiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/15 11:33 AM
Too bad there is no 1980 in military time but the point is gotten

oops rofl

JaiGi's photo
Wed 08/26/15 05:22 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Wed 08/26/15 05:22 AM
The airline pilot was feeling listless. So he went to a doctor. After checks the doc asked him, "when was it you last had sex?"
"1980"
"Are you serious? How could it be so long ago?"
"Too Long?" the pilot looked at his watch and said,
"It's only 2010".

JaiGi's photo
Sun 08/23/15 05:22 AM

Problem grows:

Both Greece and Macedonia have seen an unprecedented wave of migrants this year, most fleeing the wars in Syria, Afghanistan or Iraq. More than 160,000 have arrived so far in Greece, mostly crossing in inflatable dinghies from the nearby Turkish coast – an influx that has overwhelmed the Greek authorities and the country’s small Aegean islands. Some 45,000 have crossed through Macedonia over the past two months.

On Friday, tumult came to the station from Gevgelija in Macedonia (as shown in the AP photos above). Thousands of refugees flooded there heading northward due to the unclear situation and the rapidly deteriorating conditions in Greece. They try to get into the EU via Serbia from Macedonia. On Greek Islands the humanitarian conditions are unbearable.

JaiGi's photo
Sat 08/22/15 06:08 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Sat 08/22/15 06:11 AM

Hi Crystal,
Not been a paintings enthusiast I cannot comment on them except that quite a few carry a lot of energy and the stories they tell; didn't realize that side before.

My neck / head has been upset for a few weeks.

Something to share here. Around Feb this year, I got into a situation of 'pain', the kind that freezes your hand movement. An XRay was followed by an MRI and two docs decided that my T4 was to be replaced with some steel disc unit. Man!! I knew that my interests in programming & absence of exercise had finally led to this. The pain was unbearable. Like those sharp toothache, but running from shoulder to arm.

After their verdict, made some changes including elevating my laptop, etc. Quite accidentally, my help had pushed the thick bed so that it rested on the low foot board of the cot and the bed formed a slight incline. I thought of trying this, lightly reclined from shoulder to head (10 degrees) and I didn't need a pillow. What a relief since then. There was an initial discomfort but now it's become natural.

try it as an experiment. :smile:

JaiGi's photo
Thu 08/20/15 08:13 AM
One Krazy Klooch explained it on the net:

Scientist to Money Bags Bureaucrat-"I need billions to research my project."
Bureaucrat-"Is it a weapon?"
Scientist-"No."
Bureaucrat-"We have no money for you."
Scientist-"Give me a trillion and I'll find a way to weaponize it" Bureaucrat-"Here's two, but hide it from the public and hurry up!"