Community > Posts By > alnewman

no photo
Fri 12/12/14 03:04 PM

Wish I had a bit more time to give a full opinion on this. The shortened version of an answer to the OP the that schools are holding down those that are succeeding to allow those that are struggling to catch up.

Yes, that is what is meant by teaching to "the lowest common denominator". The level of achievement is reduced again and again to the point where all students are expected to pass. This concept leaves even the average student untasked and the better students bored.

Some East Asian systems have high standards for everyone. If you can't cut the mustard you get shifted to a trade school. Discipline is taught and expected. South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Hong Kong are the four highest rated school achievement countries.

High standards, I'd love to see an explanation for that. Three out of four are the good little puppet states. But Hong Kong should never be in your little group for reasons it seems not understood.

That is correct. You do not understand.

"Hong Kong emerged as a world educational leader on recent international assessments – a feat that is all the more impressive considering that Hong Kong has essentially rebuilt its education system since 1997, the year Hong Kong was returned to China after a century and a half of British rule. Hong Kong outperformed almost every other nation in the 2009 PISA assessment, bested only by neighbors Shanghai and Korea and the perennially top-performing Finland. Hong Kong’s students ranked fourth in reading and third in both math and science."

Not correct, the misunderstanding is not in this direction.

Seems the whole presentment has something to do with that statist outlook on life. Shows that when one depends on the government in order to develop any concept of an opinion, those opinions mean less than nothing. Doesn't NASA have some data on this?

"Government is nothing but men acting in concert. The morality and value of government, like any other association of men, will be no greater and no less than the morality and value of the men comprising it. Since government is nothing but men, its inherent 'authority' to act is in no way greater or different than the 'authority' to act of individuals in isolation. Government has no 'magic powers' or 'authority' not possessed by private individuals. Let he who asserts that government may do that which the individual may not assume the onus of proof and demonstrate his contention." - Chris Lyspooner

And even the most destitute idiot while in doubt about much of life, has no doubt whatsoever about the morality and value of that thing many call "government". So before you go and try to place blame, I would suggest you better understand your sources.

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question."

- Thomas Jefferson

This is one of my favorites and I thought it to be appropriate.

Jefferson was the best read of any of the founders but so much about him is misunderstood and so little really understood by most. And another of Jefferson's quotes followed by other's that he understood:

"A free people claim their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their magistrates." - Thomas Jefferson

"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." - John Locke

"Nature, to be commanded, must first be obeyed." - Francis Bacon

no photo
Thu 12/11/14 08:31 PM
Filming Cops In Illinois Will Now Land You A Class 3 Felony

Didn't Odumbo use those four pieces of parchment for toilet paper?

no photo
Thu 12/11/14 08:18 PM

And those were some of the smart ones!!!!

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 08:17 PM

Wish I had a bit more time to give a full opinion on this. The shortened version of an answer to the OP the that schools are holding down those that are succeeding to allow those that are struggling to catch up.

Yes, that is what is meant by teaching to "the lowest common denominator". The level of achievement is reduced again and again to the point where all students are expected to pass. This concept leaves even the average student untasked and the better students bored.

Some East Asian systems have high standards for everyone. If you can't cut the mustard you get shifted to a trade school. Discipline is taught and expected. South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Hong Kong are the four highest rated school achievement countries.

High standards, I'd love to see an explanation for that. Three out of four are the good little puppet states. But Hong Kong should never be in your little group for reasons it seems not understood.

That is correct. You do not understand.

"Hong Kong emerged as a world educational leader on recent international assessments – a feat that is all the more impressive considering that Hong Kong has essentially rebuilt its education system since 1997, the year Hong Kong was returned to China after a century and a half of British rule. Hong Kong outperformed almost every other nation in the 2009 PISA assessment, bested only by neighbors Shanghai and Korea and the perennially top-performing Finland. Hong Kong’s students ranked fourth in reading and third in both math and science."

Not correct, the misunderstanding is not in this direction.

Seems the whole presentment has something to do with that statist outlook on life. Shows that when one depends on the government in order to develop any concept of an opinion, those opinions mean less than nothing. Doesn't NASA have some data on this?

"Government is nothing but men acting in concert. The morality and value of government, like any other association of men, will be no greater and no less than the morality and value of the men comprising it. Since government is nothing but men, its inherent 'authority' to act is in no way greater or different than the 'authority' to act of individuals in isolation. Government has no 'magic powers' or 'authority' not possessed by private individuals. Let he who asserts that government may do that which the individual may not assume the onus of proof and demonstrate his contention." - Chris Lyspooner

And even the most destitute idiot while in doubt about much of life, has no doubt whatsoever about the morality and value of that thing many call "government". So before you go and try to place blame, I would suggest you better understand your sources.

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 07:54 PM

...OK, I get it. The Dems are pi$$ed because they lost so badly in the midterms......

"...The report was compiled between 2009 and 2013...".

Neat fortune-telling skills those "pissed-off Dems of the 2014 midterms" have.

http://www.ibtimes.com/senate-torture-report-full-summary-intelligence-committee-investigation-1745310

Factually-speaking, of course.

Factually-speaking, absolutely not. Perhaps of course you should have read the lead-in to your quoted source:

"The U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee released Tuesday a roughly 600-page executive summary of its long-awaited 6,000-page report on questionable interrogation methods and torture used by the Central Intelligence Agency in the years following the 9/11 attacks by al Qaeda."

But then that wouldn't have been conducive to your agenda which seems to have nothing to do with facts.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 07:38 PM

Hey, all the little mafia folks all in one place, wonder if we now get Agenda 22 along with all those new trade agreements where the corporations get to override the voters.

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 07:32 PM

Senate report: Harsh CIA tactics didn't work

OK, I get it. The Dems are pi$$ed because they lost so badly in the midterms......it couldn't be because they have been lying or have been withholding the truth all along that they expose this now tho ......right?

Just another "Bush did it!" tactic to try and cast the Repulsicons as the ones at fault (and they basically are.....) when the likes of Piglosi and Lyinstein have been on the "intelligence" committee all along and approved these tactics in the 1st place as acceptable....... and kept them silent

Stupid is as stupid does!

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-report-harsh-cia-tactics-didnt-164704453.html

Just another "Bi-Partisan" DC lie kept from the public like so many others to promote and enhance their military industrial complex stocks and profits by dragging us into unjust wars, and passing unjust laws we are forced to pay for and obligate our children, blood and treasure to!

And we wonder why them "ISIS" dudes all hate us and like cutting off heads.

no photo
Mon 12/08/14 04:03 PM

Fourteen ways you can avoid paying the Obamacare tax

According to Dr. Omar Hamada, unbeknownst to most, 14 ways, in total, to avoid paying the Obamacare tax penalty for not complying with the federal insurance mandate exist. In fact, one of them is so incredibly ambiguous, just about anyone can get away with not paying the tax.

As of now, these "waivers"�� are available until at least 2016:

http://benswann.com/fourteen-ways-you-can-avoid-paying-the-obamacare-tax/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=nl

Hey, that was great but Ben forgot one, just refuse.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 07:39 PM

I heard on the news today that China just surpassed the US as the World's largest economy.

What do you think of that?

Think, that would be a foreign concept to many here much less about a subject beyond the capabilities of even more.

So just what are you trying to imply? The data was released in early October by the IMF, so is there any understanding of the data?

Are you speaking of the GDP or PPP or just repeating a rumor?

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 07:29 PM

I watched the pundits today discuss the Landrieu vote and they mentioned a few other "Democratic events" in passing. Some Democratic Senators are now saying "passing Obamacare was a mistake" paraphrased. I think what they are really saying is.

"Yes, I believe in the Liberal Progressive Obama philosophy and agenda but with two more years of Obama to deal with, and the fact that he no longer cares who put him in office because he doesn't need to run again, I better change horses fast or in two years I am going to be shown the door by my voters just like Landrieu was."

Unless the Republicans do something really stupid, they may own two thirds of the Senate after the next election cycle. If so, it won't matter too much if Hillery wins because bills will become veto proof.

As more of the Obamacare comes to play, look for more Democratic Senators to "change their minds" about how great the bill was for America and I'll bet many are now praying the Supreme Court overturns the bill on the subsidies blunder. If so, it could save their jobs.

Really? Actually pretty sad that one could be so misled. Odumbocare isn't dead, it just needs more rules.

And of course they are going to get together and make bipartisan decisions, after all they're on the same team. But hey, let's let leave a response beyond grasp.

The positive aspect of the Internal Expression in Natural Law is Sovereignty, or what is called Internal Monarchy (one ruler within). As a state of consciousness, sovereignty means that one has unified the three aspects of their consciousness, such that there is no contradiction between one's thoughts, emotions, and actions.

The negative aspect of the Internal Expression is confusion, or what is called Internal Anarchy (no ruler within). Confusion is the state of mind in which the being is ruled by fear and ignorance. Confusion could be seen as internal opposition, or being torn apart from within, such that one's thoughts, emotions, and actions are in perpetual contradiction to each other.

Seems like a lot of confusion going on here.

You are correct. You seem totally confused. Perhaps your medication needs adjustment.

Like I said, pretty confused and it's not I that is under the illusion that somehow anything has changed other than the war monger side of the club has more votes. But then I'm pretty sure that if you call on over to NASA there are some paid pundits somewhere that will put some new spins on things and give you an opinion.

Good old order followers, the people that keep slavery in place, doing what you are told to do, without judging for yourself whether or not the action you are being ordered to carry out is right or wrong. If an individual is following orders, that individual can not be exercising conscience, since by definition, exercising conscience means that one is willfully choosing for themselves right action over wrong action.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:04 PM

Pelosi: Pass Health Reform So You Can Find Out What's In It :laughing:

And in the end, that had nothing to do with it, did it? But it does make one heck of a good expression to keep one from having to determine a real story.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:01 PM

I watched the pundits today discuss the Landrieu vote and they mentioned a few other "Democratic events" in passing. Some Democratic Senators are now saying "passing Obamacare was a mistake" paraphrased. I think what they are really saying is.

"Yes, I believe in the Liberal Progressive Obama philosophy and agenda but with two more years of Obama to deal with, and the fact that he no longer cares who put him in office because he doesn't need to run again, I better change horses fast or in two years I am going to be shown the door by my voters just like Landrieu was."

Unless the Republicans do something really stupid, they may own two thirds of the Senate after the next election cycle. If so, it won't matter too much if Hillery wins because bills will become veto proof.

As more of the Obamacare comes to play, look for more Democratic Senators to "change their minds" about how great the bill was for America and I'll bet many are now praying the Supreme Court overturns the bill on the subsidies blunder. If so, it could save their jobs.

Really? Actually pretty sad that one could be so misled. Odumbocare isn't dead, it just needs more rules.

And of course they are going to get together and make bipartisan decisions, after all they're on the same team. But hey, let's let leave a response beyond grasp.

The positive aspect of the Internal Expression in Natural Law is Sovereignty, or what is called Internal Monarchy (one ruler within). As a state of consciousness, sovereignty means that one has unified the three aspects of their consciousness, such that there is no contradiction between one's thoughts, emotions, and actions.

The negative aspect of the Internal Expression is confusion, or what is called Internal Anarchy (no ruler within). Confusion is the state of mind in which the being is ruled by fear and ignorance. Confusion could be seen as internal opposition, or being torn apart from within, such that one's thoughts, emotions, and actions are in perpetual contradiction to each other.

Seems like a lot of confusion going on here.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 05:47 PM

In the final insult of a devastating 2014 election for Democrats, Sen. Mary Landrieu, the party’s last remaining statewide officeholder from the Deep South, was trounced Saturday in the head-to-head Louisiana Senate runoff election.

Republican Bill Cassidy’s resounding victory is the ninth Senate seat picked up by the GOP in this year’s elections, three more than the party needed to take control of the chamber. With nearly all the ballots counted, Cassidy led Landrieu by 14 points, 57 percent to 43 percent.

“On November 4th, the American people sent a message that they didn’t like the direction our country was heading,” Cassidy said in his victory speech. “Our state is the exclamation mark on that message.”

Oh yes, a message was sent alright. Can't wait for all those military industrial representatives to take their seats. Let the wars begin.

But let's look at the bright side, who's going to need lights when we all glow in the dark? Hey, I know where you can get some great nascent iodine but you would be supporting a conspiracy site.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 05:45 PM

If the shoe fit you can call it whatever you want too.
Look at the kid that cut an stabed his school mates an againg the kid was taken alive.
This child was black 12 yr old an playing a cool bad man with a play toy gun an was shot dead. Call it what you want.

I would call it an "itchy trigger finger". Wouldn't be racism unless these acts were the same cop or department or even precinct. Then there would be a pattern.

Life and death situations are unique and details define causation. You cant lump them all into a broad category and actually expect it to have meaning.

Sure you can, it's called the "Police State". The state where the police have the ultimate authority, that of a god. They get to determine just who lives and who dies by animal reaction with complete impunity.

The impunity implies by a populace that is mostly statist that believes others should have authority. After all it's just the blacks, the homeless and others at the bottom of society. Their lives can't mean anything or perhaps someone would do something about it and hold the police accountable.

Oh wait, that's right, they choose thugs as their heroes and then wonder why it has no validity.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 05:32 PM

It seems Cosby is facing a $350MILLION divorce settlement as well as HUNDREDS if not thousands asking for refunds on ticket purchases to his shows.

His guilt or innocence seems to already be decided in the court of public opinion..... and at home

Just another detraction to keep all the small minds busy so they wont have to pay attention to reality. After all, the mass media must have something, they don't cover news any more.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 05:27 PM

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 05:23 PM

parents are the ones who hold power over school boards. they are the ones who elect superintendent and other school board officials. much of the school policies can't be effected until they have a certain percentage approval vote by parents.
many parents complain about everything that is wrong with schools but have a great apathy when it comes to effecting change. the parents who complain most are often the ones who never attend any meetings.
additionally, many parents are so overprotective of their children that instead of it being a help it does a great disservice to their child because they don't learn to function in the real world.

Oh, that is just.... absolutely hilarious!!!

"Society will develop a new kind of servitude which covers the surface of society with a network of complicated rules, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate. It does not tyrannise but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."
― Alexis de Tocqueville

A statist is an individual who erroneously believes that there is such a thing as "authority" vested in certain human beings magically giving them the "right to rule" over other people. This "authority" means that certain people who we call "government", have the "moral right" to issue commands to those whom they rule (those under their "jurisdiction"), and that their "subjects" (slaves) have a "moral obligation" to obey the arbitrary dictates set by their masters. Most simply put, a statist is someone who believes in the legitimacy of slavery.

Nothing more readily exemplifies this principle than the modern united States system of education. We surrender our next generation, the whole future to the "government". But when the result is as should be expected, the masses whale at the unfairness of receiving that which they asked for.

I see you are copying from others on the internet again and passing it off as your writing. It appears you don't even understand the context of what you copy. I guess you think it sounds "cool".whoa

That would only be your illusion, but then beats having to think on your own, doesn't it.

No, I don't think it cool, again but an illusion on your part. But when one is but a product of the system, illusions seem so real and besides there are room for no other.

And I pass nothing off but my own belief, if you don't care for it too bad. It is very obvious that yourself has no understanding of the concept mush less the principles.

But it is interesting to watch those that have no thoughts to try and deflect as the only offering. As Mark so amply teaches, an individuals teachability, or their ability to learn by way of being taught by someone else, is extremely dependent upon the open-mindedness or close-mindedness of the individual being taught. Low teachability derives from arrogance and rigid skepticism, but also from naivete and gullibility. High teachability derives from a balance between healthy skepticism and an open-minded willingness to learn and change.

However, I do find it amusing at the audience that this attracts, very predictable. I do not find it strange to find you amongst this audience.

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 08:59 PM

Why? What would actually be gained? Would somehow the ignorant become brilliant? Would they stop paying their property tax or would the result be a lot of tears in their beers before the next games comes on?

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 08:52 PM
Edited by alnewman on Thu 12/04/14 08:55 PM

For what purpose? So they can go to the polls and elect the other team? Or would this be so they could get their fair share?

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 08:51 PM

And what makes any of this different from any other part of society?

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25