Community > Posts By > Skad

Skad's photo
Sun 03/15/09 11:02 PM

flowers smitten smooched love love HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO ME AND MY ((((Fairy))))). love smooched smitten flowers
We met here in Deb's thread!!!

Wow! Happy Anniversary, indeed))

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 09:06 PM

what is bleck reading skad?

bleck is like one of those cartoon comic expressions.. like ZAM! only bleck is like what you do when you've just eaten something really bitter. :D

Ok, calling the night. I've read all the Einstein theories I can handle for the night.. ;p You guys have a good one!

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 09:00 PM
And hey Ruth) Hope you're having a lovely evening! flowerforyou

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 08:57 PM

Good evening skad:smile:

Heya Mage) How's it going? I'm in my own little world over here, reading books.. I'm working on the 3-biography requirement this week and it's very draining... bleck reading)

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 08:12 PM

You know...great idea...need someone with a scanner...you people would triprofl rofl rofl

I actually got off the computer thinking that very thing. Think I'll get one of my old annuals out.. my senior memories book, too. Have all of the pictures digitized. Will be good for a facebook album anyway. We're going to have our 20th reunion in a couple of years.. ppt presentation replacing the old slideshow? yes, I see things happening.. :D I'll share here, too, of course)

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 03:58 PM
Edited by Skad on Thu 02/26/09 04:07 PM
Hey Etrain.. Have any pictures of you when you had hair? Found this while trying to explain what a mullet was to my 8 yr. old. It sort of made me think of what you might have looked like in 1989)

Any of you guys for that matter? Old high school pics? If you're like me, you probably don't have them stored in the computer...

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 11:06 AM

I'm sure there are some somewhere. What are your specialties?

i have 2 associates, that i don't use for what i do.

i work in a factory and make 40k a year as a quality inspector.

i wanted to get a border patrol job but they want people with law enforcement experience.

Have you looked online? Is there a certain area you would like to live in?

i haven't looked really. it'd be nice to find something in the Austin or San Antonio areas, but any metro would do.

There was an NFL football player that went straight into boarder patrol. He was featured on Fox News about a week ago. I'm with Tx.. I bet someone just either gave you the wrong information or some that doesn't hold true for all areas)) Kuddos for keeping an eye on ppl coming into the country!

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 05:47 AM
Morning Everyone! It's a beautiful day for the south for sure. Hope you guys don't get a whole lot of snow up north. Think you've had enough for one winter.. biggrin

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 05:44 AM
Heck yeah.. I'm so ready for this))

Skad's photo
Thu 02/26/09 05:41 AM
Morning E, Tx, Storm, Charles, Sam)) waving drinker

Hope everyone has a beautiful day! Looks like 76 degrees for us.. :D I'm planting potatoes this weekend)

Skad's photo
Wed 02/25/09 07:37 PM
How cute!! I miss mine being that young.. tears But I still get to borrow the little ones at the church, so it's all right)

Skad's photo
Wed 02/25/09 09:16 AM
I found it!!

THE RULES OF THE COUNTRY FOR CITY PEOPLE:

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'dirt road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are cattle. They're live steaks. That's why they smell funny to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-40 goes east and west, I-85 goes north and south. Pick one.

5.. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $150,000 corn pickers and hay balers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So every person who lives here waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat catfish. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age, size or looks!

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham, turkey or chicken.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use eight spices: salt, pepper, Dukes (thats Mayo for you city folk), mustard, ketchup, slaw, onions and chili! Oh, yeah....we don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat...IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!

13. You bring 'coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice.

14. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

15. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lions and the Tigers, and a dang site more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State Universities , Community Colleges, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at everybody when they come for the holidays.

18. We have folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and National Guard. So don't mess with us. If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

19. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers.
please refer back to rule 1!

20. 4 inches isn't a blizzard - it's a flurry. Drive like you got some sense in it, and DON'T take all our bread, milk, and bleach from the grocery stores. This ain't Alaska, worst case you may have to live a whole day without croissants. The pickups with snow blades will have you out the next day.

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 04:13 PM
Viraloneontheout! That's where I went wrong, lol)

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 04:08 PM
Friended Chutch. Still having probs opening Viral.. Will do some more investigating.. ;p

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 04:03 PM

Hey Skad, Deb, Kerry and Rare.

Heya Sweet Singme!! flowerforyou

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 04:00 PM
Chutch has his filters set to 100 miles from him..can't email

Viralontheout either. I'm going to look back thru the thread to see if it's spelled differently

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 03:44 PM

Ash.. Do you and Perry share a bday?

I ...don't know. laugh
I think his is in April and mine is May 8th.

Mine is only unofficially in April...it's officially March 15th...my parents say March 14th..but since college basketball ruins my birthday, and it's too cold for the beach in March, I've decided unofficially my bday is in April laugh

How could College BB ruin a birthday?! The best year ever was when Easter came early, and Arkansas took the Championship title in '94..only a few days following my bday. What a terrific trio of events! :D

People here are stupid crazy about it, and they get VERY annoying about it...and I'm not a fan, so I have to live with all of the "TAR...HEELS!!!" crap every year around my birthday lol/

would that include things like painting Easter Eggs red and white and writing "Go Hogs!" on them?

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 03:38 PM
Edited by Skad on Mon 02/23/09 03:40 PM

I ...don't know. laugh

Mine is only unofficially in April...it's officially March 15th...my parents say March 14th..but since college basketball ruins my birthday, and it's too cold for the beach in March, I've decided unofficially my bday is in April laugh

How could College BB ruin a birthday?! The best year ever was when Easter came early, and Arkansas took the Championship title in '94..only a few days following my bday. What a terrific trio of events! :D Oh, and it was 90 degrees in Florida where I was working at The Seafood Shack in Bradenton.. That might have made the difference.. ;p

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 03:36 PM

I ...don't know. laugh

Oh, I was looking at the (on March 14th) beside your location on my friends' list. thought you were born to that location on that day..but I bet it's referring to when you're moving)

Skad's photo
Mon 02/23/09 03:30 PM

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25