Community > Posts By > girlishLady

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 09:19 AM

Look, sometimes ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince. It's just a fact of life, but don't let that stop you from visiting the pond.

Kissing frogs like they were presented on an assembly line wasn't quite what I had in mind for finding my prince *g* But I do kiss a lot of frogs and keep up the hope :-)

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 09:18 AM

Hi girlishLady,

I must say, in my opinion, you are far from average! You really gave us a sense of who you are and what you want, which is truly great. I loved the photos you have too, it's nice to see different perspectives of you. I think the clear description of who you are, and who you're looking for, is absolutely wonderful. I am sure that in due time you will find one who is able to meet your needs and allow you to fulfil theirs. I know you want someone close, but I think that by putting "Area in/around Nottingham, UK only please" is rather limiting. Perhaps your ideal man is located somewhere else in the World, and being open to that possibility would allow you to find each other. All the best in your search, and remember you are beautiful <3

Thank you kindly for your words.

Area is important as I have no transport available plus I have a business to run here and a very ill father, so "elsewhere in the world" is not possible.
I try to be open for distance of course, but a few of my contacts were further away and it didn't work out for that reason.
I've put the area in after I've received many messages from overseas, US & India or further.

Plus, weirdly many young (20 somethings) guys contact me ... flattering, but although I keep an open mind here as well, I must admit, I've always preferred someone with more life experience.

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 09:12 AM

Did they expect you to put out?
And did you?

Not sure, what "to put out" means?

If sex, then I don't know (though I would think that many would not say no if I'd offered it?). If I like the guy, I am happy to kiss...

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 08:20 AM

I don't see anything wrong with your profile at all and you are very pretty. What we all don't know however is how you interact and get along with the men you have met.

The guy who said you were below average wanted to hurt you for some reason. Might be a good idea to ask the next guy who loses unterest in you why he has.. to get some insight into what you are doing wrong.

Thank you.

I try to be flirty, playful, interested, I even chat less than I would with a friend and let them talk.

And I did ask the guys who asked first (!) for a 2nd date and then pulled out the very last minute. I've never got an answer. And no, I am not pestering them in between, only one message, saying thank you for a nice evening (after the first date) and then answer if answers are required.

It gets to me, had so many first dates in the last half year, it's a bit painful and tiresome now...

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 08:15 AM

Why the hell on earth would you be worried about what someone told you and post such a question on the net. My advice to you is next time someone says you're average or something on those lines, tell them to have a better look at themselves in a mirror and jog on. Jeez can't believe how many ****s think they are so damn hot, pretty and so on. At the end of the day, no one is perfect and last piece of advice, be confident in yourself and never try to be someone you're not. Also look carefully in your surroundings, maybe the one you're looking for is really close to you, and at the end of the day, we're all special to someone.

Cheers. Sorry, had a weak moment (it was way too early to think properly *lol*).

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 07:21 AM

hi ya ur just avg lady okay

If that's the opinion of some, then those should just ignore me. I ignore the ones I don't fancy...

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 07:12 AM
Aww, many thanks for all your kind words.

I must be doing something wrong nevertheless as I haven't been snatched up besides trying for the last few months. *sighs* Nevermind.

Wish you all the best of luck and thanks for your encouragements.

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 02:28 AM
Thank you, much appreciated.

girlishLady's photo
Sat 01/11/14 01:01 AM
Good morning,

just been told that and it actually hurt a little.
I don't think I am but since I am actively trying to find my special someone for the last 6 months now I wonder, what it is about me, that put guys off.

Oh, and my profile is long and descriptive for a reason.

Thank you kindly.