Community > Posts By > islandempress88

islandempress88's photo
Tue 01/14/14 01:56 PM
I created a forum yesterday subject line:- Is it fair for a woman to go down ib her boyfriend but he doesn't reciprocate the same to her.. I didn't think it was out of line but apparently late yesterday afternoon it was no longer under my topics

So is there a restriction on topics or something? How did it disappear from my topics? Why?

islandempress88's photo
Mon 01/13/14 03:10 PM
CAN'T WAIT! ! I HAVE IT MARKED AS A REMINDER IN MY PHONE ALTHOUGH I DEFINITELY DON'T NEED IT. I WAS A LITTLE GIRL WHEN I WATCHED THE ORIGINAL MOVIE AND I LIKED IT SO I'M EXCITED ABOUT IT. THEY NEED TO DO A REMAKE OF "MOMMY DEAREST" AS WELL. .

islandempress88's photo
Mon 01/13/14 03:05 PM

I think dating sites take the same amount of time as meeting someone in a bar/ club.

You talk/ dance... get to know them. If it works out you get their number or they get yours.

Either it's a hit or miss.

Dating sites only increases the amount of people you meet in a shorter amount of time but that's it.

:thumbsup: I don't understand why so many people expect instant results just because it's online, online doesn't mean desperate, it's just another medium, as you said.

Not looking for instant results necessarily, I wanted to know from the years I've been on this site some people may have joined longer or more recently, do you ever find anyone for long term not hookups. But I really can't ask that when I think about it because there are people in real life who are still single and looking.

Some people on here really do expect instant results. They'll create an account and by the end of the day are upset
because they haven't found "the one." I didn't mean you specifically, but there are lots of new users who think that dating via the internet means instant gratification.

I can concur truthfully I felt that same way the first time I ever joined a site. I am now realizing the reality of these sites and internet dating

islandempress88's photo
Mon 01/13/14 02:58 PM
I went on YouTube last night and listened to songs I remembered killing in high school.

Evenesance
Coldplay- the scientists
Basement Jaxx-where's your head at.
Creed-Higher
Daft Punk- one more time
Gorillaz
Silversun pickups-lazy eye

All of these were my first "white people" (no offense) music we used to call it that I fell in love with and to me haven't gone out of style and never will.

islandempress88's photo
Mon 01/13/14 02:49 PM

I got rejected the first time I tried eharmony also. It was b/c I do not attend church. Next time I applied I put my religion differently and was accepted. However they didn't find me any matches.sad2

So is it better to find your matches yourself clicking all through a bunch of profiles or people doing that for you?

islandempress88's photo
Mon 01/13/14 02:26 PM

I think dating sites take the same amount of time as meeting someone in a bar/ club.

You talk/ dance... get to know them. If it works out you get their number or they get yours.

Either it's a hit or miss.

Dating sites only increases the amount of people you meet in a shorter amount of time but that's it.

:thumbsup: I don't understand why so many people expect instant results just because it's online, online doesn't mean desperate, it's just another medium, as you said.

Not looking for instant results necessarily, I wanted to know from the years I've been on this site some people may have joined longer or more recently, do you ever find anyone for long term not hookups. But I really can't ask that when I think about it because there are people in real life who are still single and looking.

islandempress88's photo
Mon 01/13/14 02:21 PM
Edited by islandempress88 on Mon 01/13/14 02:22 PM

I'm kinda glad this isn't E-harmony or Chemistry, or I probably wouldn't even be on the forums to post if it was. Both of those sites had told me I was unmatchable, that I was a reject. Won't even get started with Match, because everything on that you need to pay for 1st. I say F- that! Even if I don't end up meeting anyone as a partner for myself on here, at least Mingle2 has these enchanting forums to have fun with while searching!:laughing:

I got a match from e-harmony and he was an abuser. Another one was just looking for a mom for his kids and someone to take care of his kids. Another one was a cross dresser and wanted to try on my clothes. Be glad you didn't get any matches there. Lots of whackos.

Good to know here I thought that because you have to pay for to be on those sites and you have to be very true aabout yourself, freaks or whackos wouldn't infiltrate those sites

islandempress88's photo
Sun 01/12/14 11:29 AM
Never new that those paid sites approve or disapprove of you. .

islandempress88's photo
Sun 01/12/14 11:27 AM
Are you saying I was being mean? ? Because I wasn't trying to offend anyone

islandempress88's photo
Sun 01/12/14 11:25 AM
Well said I agree with you. I don't want people thinking I'm looking for a disney movie ending. I just wanted to know also if it does happen for persons on these sites. . Trusting to meet people in person is a risk I believe because you never know but I guess it's the step in really getting to know that person for who they really are

islandempress88's photo
Sun 01/12/14 11:20 AM
Thank you for your guy point of view:smile:

islandempress88's photo
Sun 01/12/14 04:03 AM
Edited by islandempress88 on Sun 01/12/14 04:06 AM
I have been on a member of a few dating sites over some time and I really don't know how the couples on the commercials did it. They actually found their soul mate. From the time I've been on I have yet to come across a sincere gentleman who wasn't looking for a hookup or to instantly ask to conversate through a video chat trying to get off on the very first message .. Patience I guess is a factor, maybe you really have to pay for somethings in order to get a good quality, and also you have to come on these sites with the full intention of really finding that someone. . I don't know if these are correct or is love from dating site just a myth?????