Community > Posts By > zzzippy56

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 06/01/15 05:29 PM

Good Morning Sunshine! I told you this old broad would see ya and I am here. Where are you? No fair chasing the nurses when are looking for ya. lol

Hope you had some sweet dreams and having a better day. Things are rolling along here. Sacramento is suppose to sizzle today so see if I can hit the pool. No peaking. Will check in later. (((Zippy)))
Your fans.

Thank you all.
pacific you are the sweetest... No wait this whole mingle crowd is exceptional..
I was off line for a few days... I dropped my phone and broke it.. Lost all my info but I have a new phone now..
I'm feeling much better after being nursed back to health by my girlfriend who also lives in Sacramento.. I was down there in that heat the other day drove up to my house Saturday and what a relief from the heat... That 4000' under my house made a big difference....I'll keep this short as I'm still learning this new phone....
God bless this mingle family you all are a big help keeping my spirits up.
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL... YOUR FAVORITE CLOWN ......ZIPPY OR LARS FOR REAL..waving

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/28/15 02:08 PM
Edited by zzzippy56 on Thu 05/28/15 02:13 PM
Thank you all for your support..
I'm in ICU at Stanford fighting for my life... I dont know how much more I can take...
God bless you all.
As I lay here my life is flashes before my eyes..
Tears roll down my face.. They wont stop..
waving

zzzippy56's photo
Sat 05/23/15 08:32 PM
Edited by zzzippy56 on Sat 05/23/15 08:35 PM
If we are coming clean about doing time well in 89 I did a year for ONE 6" marijuana I ended up getting a job working for the county out of it... Go to jail get a job?
And yes I have been to the big house once a
Few years ago in total I was In the pin for 4 months and I did it at old Folsom prison yes the one our breweries named after, lockdown brewery company. I paroled from the hole because I have family that works there...

In that while I was In the hole my cousin came to see me... He's a superior court judge in Sacramento... I'm not going back.... I learned my lesson in there as I ended up doing the whole prison experience in 4 months... Yes I'm a bad boy... Ain't no joke... Live with passion...
slaphead

zzzippy56's photo
Sat 05/23/15 10:35 AM
Cute... Lol..

zzzippy56's photo
Fri 05/22/15 03:04 PM
I love this joke its right up there

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/21/15 11:14 PM

Battling depression it does help to have a variety of tools in your tool box. I will add a few at a time.

The idea of playing a game that distracts you is a good one. As is just doing something that is soothing and pleasant. Puzzles, crafts, cooking, gardening, playing and instrument. If it is something that helps you bridge to others in a social setting it is also helpful. Sometimes it can be solitary but it is nice to just be around people without having to do a lot of talking how you feel. A lot of times their good stuff helps crowd out your bad stuff.

Being isolated by depression can amplify the symptoms. If you are not used to being around people and noise it can be more unnerving. Even if you have a really yucky day try to connect with someone for a wave hello or companionship from afar like enjoying a book and a coffee at the back table of your local caf� or walking through a garden somewhere. There are good drop in centers that "get" what it is to have a bad spell and can help you make friends and learn useful things or just feel safe. Look up Independent Living Center's or the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill as they have awesome programs and materials you can take from totally at your own pace.

Getting out and getting fresh air and daylight can become a sustaining and comforting habit. Yea you maybe only set on the front porch in your slippers the first day but if you get a pedometer and add 25 steps a day you will not be sore and gain momentum. A morning walk can help you organize yourself for the day or unwind for better rest in the evening. I am not big on people who are chronicallill having to be saddled with a chore of a pet every day but you can be someone's God Send if you walk their pet or just help their pet socialize with a gentle human. Just feeding the birds makes a lot of difference.

The computer is great for fellowship but it glows and messes with your sleep so set a timer and take a break and even turn it off a couple hours before you need to hit the sack. Good sleep habits and environment are a must if your body has to deal with chronic depression.

Good diet is important. We all get to have potato chips or popcorn days occasionally but if your diet is looking dismal it is hard for your body to feel good. If you are dehydrated you are going to feel like garbage even if you aren't depressed. Making a commitment to yourself to add one new food a week will make a huge improvement to your over all nutrition because you are bound to have a better variety of nutrients. Any fruit or veggie with color and whole grains can give you loads of antioxidents and lower your glutin and carbs. You aren't packing around the extra calories in fat because your body is hording what little good stuff it can get.

Last but not least do something nice for someone else every day. It can be a smile to a harried clerk somewhere, a silly email, pulling someone's trash can in, doing something someone who loves you ask you to do or at least taking the first step towards it. You will have something positive to account for your footprint in the world and your little kindness just might be the one good thing that happen to that fellow human being. Never underestimate the value in just being you. You don't know it but you create jobs and give others purpose in so many ways it is really kind of cool.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Very nice pacific.. Wise words always come from you.... I have made that lifestyle change and I love it... They have a group here at Stanford that I'm now a member of and it all counts so I'm stacking the deck in my favor as much as I can...

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:53 PM
Cool? As you might be from the town of Cool, California?

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:50 PM
I dont live even close but we go dirt bike riding down there although death valley and the black rock are my favorites..

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:47 PM
I have always had a beard except when I cut it down to do my clown act..glasses

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:40 PM
I have friends that were there.. Yes on motorcycles. They told me personally that it was cops that did the killing that's why no bystanders were shot... The cops stood out as others ( not club members) they watched the whole thing go down and know what they saw...
They run with the Mongols.. Dont believe everything the news puts out there....slaphead

zzzippy56's photo
Thu 05/21/15 11:08 AM

There is a difference between having a bad day and never having a good one. clinical depression may have been triggered by a tragic event or a series of them or there may be no reason to point to as to why you are feeling this way
I urge you to seek cognitive behavioral therapy from licensed professional and this may include a prescription for anti depressants if needed

So agree with this I would like to add a bit more of a description... Depression that starts out as mild can slide into clinical where the serotonin levels are being depleted from over tiredness, poor diet etc... With the stressors of living everyday life.

I have seen so many people that struggled with depression not understanding the why's of it. I also have seen many GP's or friends that have no clue how to deal with it.. Prescribing medications are great in the idea of stabilizing said person. When that is done the person needs the professional that is skilled in teaching new coping skills to recognize and offset the depression.

All this is so true... With what I'm dealing with has me fatigued from the radiation therapy but I have to keep that smile on and stay positive if I'm gonna survive this cancer... Live happy, live healthy, live life with passion...

zzzippy56's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:39 PM
Radioactive

zzzippy56's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:35 PM
With what I'm dealing with I am a living miracle...so yes I believe

zzzippy56's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:23 PM
NTS bring my kites with me down to Stanford as its always windy here.... waving They are a workout themselves..
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 05/18/15 09:37 PM

what does it take to find a warm loving lady that wants to be held? :banana:

After you blow her up, throw her in the microwave....:tongue:

Bash really nowrofl
.rofl rofl rofl rofl

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 05/18/15 07:53 PM
When?????

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 05/18/15 07:50 PM
Yep my dad had one for years..

Have you ever flown in a 2 seat stick controlled plane?

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 05/18/15 07:43 PM

Wonder what their disagreement was about. Which one had the biggest sweetroll? laugh

But in reality according to investigators it was over a parking spot. These guys are all about respect, once they feel they have been disrespected in any way it's on.

You nailed it... Yes respect goes a long way.. I'm not saying anything they might be my friends...

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 05/18/15 07:43 PM
Edited by zzzippy56 on Mon 05/18/15 07:44 PM
oops

zzzippy56's photo
Mon 05/18/15 07:34 PM
No but I swam with great whites

So have you ever seen a great white shark up close..

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25