Community > Posts By > RenoirGarland

RenoirGarland's photo
Thu 12/25/08 01:13 AM
Add a little more to the profile.

Few more favorites. GREAT Pics though.

What do you like to do? Favorite Foods?

RenoirGarland's photo
Tue 12/09/08 01:26 AM
Maybe they could work for walmart? Target? Maybe other Auto manufacturers? Maybe start a business? It seems kind of interesting that people wonder where the Auto workers will find their next job, but not the other millions of people who where pushed out of their jobs.

I believe we still have a NURSING crisis in this country. Hospitals will even pay for schooling for that $45,000.00(in Texas) a year job. But nursing is a hard job.

Maybe we need a bailout for people loosing their jobs due to companies pushing their loyalties to overseas labor.

Look at the mills in Ohio. Many of then struck themselves right out of a job.

Industry always changes. Many people get creative when needed. They find ways to make a living. Look at how many blacksmiths and other professions where pushed out of business when the automobile became a hit.

Matter of fact I just read on the internet where there is a LACK of qualified vets for horses and cattle in the north.

I also read where a migrant worker with nothing is now a brain surgeon. (Readers Digest a few months back)

SCHOOL. It's out there for a reason.

RenoirGarland's photo
Tue 12/09/08 01:02 AM

initiating an illegal war in Iraq

?????????????????????????????????

congress voted to go to war......not illegal...

So, why were we invading Iraq???

It is Illegal to falsify evidence to get into a WAR.

Isn't it interesting how congress says they where duped by George? Then some in congress call him stupid. So, does that mean when George wrote out the fake parts in blue crayon that congress couldn't tell???

RenoirGarland's photo
Tue 12/02/08 05:12 AM
Maybe a right step for the future! But next look at the products in your home that never get used or what you throw away. Our "Eco Footprint" is amazing.

As I said. Throw away society. But what is worse is a replacement product has to be made and shipped and put on the shelf.

I might use a lot of wood, (professional woodworker also), but my desk will last my full lifetime. It even went through a flood when my water heater BURST! IF it was a cheap piece of plastic, (petroleum byproduct), covered particle board, (made in japan), then I would have to have thrown it away and purchased a new desk. Nope. I let it air dry outside and it's 100%.

I never told my customers to do this.....

I'm a computer consultant by trade and for decades people where saying, "keep your computer running. Don't turn it off." WHY? I'll tell ya why. Back in the early days there was a hard drive by the model# ST-251-1 it was a MFM based hard drive. The "manufacturer" (not listing), put a lubricant on the platinum to increase life. This actually decreased life of the drive because that lube became tacky after so many hours. The heads would rip off the platters and bye, bye data. With drives being $450.00 at that time. People looked at the pocket book.

Believe it or not. My computer case is also one I used with an ORIGINAL Pentium processor. I paid $98.00 for the case. Here it is, OVER 10 years old. I have a P4 3.4 gigahertz in it now. I've saved over 300.00 on case upgrades by not having to purchase them. PLUS some cheap plastic case would end up in the recycling bin and more fuel used to make more etc...

There is just something about buying quality and working with quality. Really, it doesn't have to cost all that much more, even in the beginning. Like the case. It was only $50.00 more than the cheap one. I made my desk from solid wood. It did cost quite a lot to make. But one somewhat like it would have run me $2000.00 more. So really, I SAVED money and SAVED the environment!

Heck, my car is even a 95 model. People keep asking me when I'm going to get a new one. WHY? The air conditioner is COLD! it has a VERY small footprint for pollution. And it RUNS good. WHY buy a new car?

Have a great Day Everyone!

RenoirGarland's photo
Tue 12/02/08 04:46 AM

If nothing has worked... Really, Give this a try....

Go out and purchase "System Mechanic" I've used that on many a computer with GREAT results. Yes, I am a consultant in computers for 20 years. NICE program Without the Virus Scanner and Firewall (Basic Version) it's only 20.00...

WELL Worth the bucks.... Target, Walmart, etc...

It will look over windows for all kinds of errors. Bug fixes... Lost Keys in the registry. I love it...

you can find better programs online for free

Then GIVE them the links!! My god man, don't be greedy.

I find in my profession more people download useless programs filled with Malware.

The Latest is XP ______ Center.
NOT a good one to get off the computer. Reformat and start all over after that one.

RenoirGarland's photo
Tue 12/02/08 04:41 AM
Heck with that.. The UNIONS killed the Auto Industry. Let them take the cuts.

Safe working conditions are one thing. (Like my grandfather fought for in the coal mines.) But look at what my other relations received before the mills went bust. 3 months vacation time, (He was there for a LOOONG time.) Sick time. HUGE benefits. WAY higher pay than what it was worth. Maybe THAT'S why we don't have jobs here anymore. Plus the fact that there is tooo much greed at the top.

So what happens. The millionaire big wigs stay millionaires and the union labourers stand in the cold looking for jobs.

As for working for a small wage and a bowl of rice? Education leads to BIG things. Maybe that's why when the mills close, plants close, mines close, what do a lot of workers do? The go to school and learn a new profession.

RenoirGarland's photo
Mon 12/01/08 06:12 AM
What is LOST in those words????

WE AS A PEOPLE!!

To become PART of the United States of America you should believe in our HISTORY, AND LIVE IT!!

JUST like a MARINE. When you dawn the military uniform of a US Marine, Navy, Army, Air Force. You represent ALL that have passed before you. You invoke their spirit into your body. You represent all that was and all that will be.

People today in this country do not want to INDOCTRINATE themselves mind and body to this Nation. They want to live here but have separate lives and histories! TOTALLY B....

I don't care if they believe in God or not. BUT they have the DUTY BOUND oath to protect the lively-hood of every man, woman, and child in this country. What does that mean? It means to NOT push their UN-NATIONALISTIC VIEWS upon my being. The founding fathers wanted PATRIOTS. To protect the way of life for United States Citizens. Not to DISTANCE ourselves from one another! NOT to say, "You CAN NOT HAVE Christmas because I don't believe in it!" NOT to say, "You can not have Kwanza!"

This C___ of "NO Christmas trees or Baby Jesus, or 10 commandments, you cant have that!! " Sickens me to no end. People, believe it or NOT. Those SAME Christians are the people that gave the rights to Women to VOTE, Gave EQUAL rights to Blacks, Spanish, Indians, etc.. Gave Muslims, Jews, SATANISTS the right to worship in their homes or churches. They GIVE and all the other side does is WANTS MORE.

We are in a national CRISIS in my estimation. We are pumping gas delivered by people who are buying ARMS and WEAPONS from Russia! And the leaders of those countries hate America! (And the word America is now an UN PC Term, Canadians are Americans to ya know!)

One day people in the United States of America will wake up and say. Heck with it. You don't like it here, you want to be different in beliefs, culture, race. Go somewhere else. And we will kick their bu__s out. Because HERE we are ALL EQUAL. We accept the history of what was past as our own. We left behind our countries of origin to start a new life and live by the laws of the United States. George Washington is part of MY heritage now.

RenoirGarland's photo
Mon 12/01/08 05:19 AM
Sounds like one step further into the "one world gov." movement. MORE world courts.

There should be NEW laws. How about an easy few. Pollution is created by humans and consumption.

Step 1. STOP making more babies.. OVER Population! How many kids does AL GORE have? lol

Step 2. Stop consuming so much. 50 bottles of NAIL Polish? 20 sticks of lipstick? 5 TV's in one house where only 2 people live? A new car EVERY 2-3 YEARS? CHEAP, I mean REALLY CHEAP JUNK Furniture? Computer Desks out of particle board and fake plastic wood? Get back to REAL wood! REAL Metal! DISPOSABLE should be outlawed! Just WHY do you think ANTIQUES are JUST THAT? They are OLD, They STILL WORK! They are used by many generations of people. Guess what.. It only took a few trees to make that one product. It takes MANY trees and oil products to make those 4 desks that you will own over the coarse of your life..

Step 3. More people live longer than before. Causing more to be consumed over the life of a person.

These are hard facts. NOW, are we really gonna say, "Ok, you used up all your life points. You can pass away?" Are people really gonna give up buying cheap stuff? Are people who LOVE the EPA and WORLD gonna stop and say, "I don't believe in having children because the world is overpopulated. LETS ADOPT!!"

Doubt it!! hahahahaha

RenoirGarland's photo
Mon 12/01/08 04:45 AM
what a load... If that was the case then many other past presidents would be up for charges. Not limited to Kennedy, (which his brother was attorney gen. Chosen by JFK's father. Have you ever seen Robbies carrier?.) How about the congress which passed laws stating that American soil shall be able to be purchased by non-citizens. Yep, you heard me, at one point not long in our past US real estate was only to be owned by US Citizens. How about for many years now we are actually trading with known communist countries? WHY? Should we not start trading with Cuba again if that is the case? We trade with many nations now that are MORE a threat to our nation. I won't name names of these countries. HOW many other presidents can people name with bad history?

Bush in my estimation held off WAY to long to attack. It took months after 9/11 to attack. We where attacked first.... Hmmmmm... Basically the UN, and many Allies gave the USA a blank check to retaliate against... (Won't name)

Believe it or not many people who are looked upon with distaste are actually more correct than others know it. Sorry, but when people raise arms against our core beliefs then we should protect those beliefs. It's not a pretty world out there. People DO like us and people DON'T like us. What is best? How about we start liking ourselves and what this country was truly based on. There are other countries for people who wish to be Politically Correct Commies to live in. I bet Chavez will love this article above. Heck, maybe the guy will even win a Nobel prize like Arafat!

RenoirGarland's photo
Fri 11/28/08 06:03 AM
Many motherboards and computers are turning GREEN. But you have to PAY NICE BUCKS for the technology. Lower power motherboards etc. I do carry a line of lower power boards. Expect to pay about $200.00 more for the board. (A GOOD BOARD)

Purchase a power DIRECTOR. Tripp lite sells a nice one. you can turn off the computer, monitor, printer at your fingertips from the POWER SOURCE. so no power is going in. These directors sit under the monitor usually. Many have LOW POWER indicators or FAULT indicators.

They are about $70.00-130.00.. But they last for YEARS. I used one from 1982-2002 before the last transformer blew. they have great capacitors and transformers to block surges. BUT remember. MOST problems with computers are not surges, it's the low power. The power supply has to work harder in order to create enough electricity to power the system.

Remember the master power when done. There is a trickle of electricity hitting the power supply. Hit he master switch, no trickle.

RenoirGarland's photo
Fri 11/28/08 05:40 AM
Edited by RenoirGarland on Fri 11/28/08 05:41 AM
If nothing has worked... Really, Give this a try....

Go out and purchase "System Mechanic" I've used that on many a computer with GREAT results. Yes, I am a consultant in computers for 20 years. NICE program Without the Virus Scanner and Firewall (Basic Version) it's only 20.00...

WELL Worth the bucks.... Target, Walmart, etc...

It will look over windows for all kinds of errors. Bug fixes... Lost Keys in the registry. I love it...

2 Next