Community > Posts By > Hedon2014

Hedon2014's photo
Sun 03/16/14 05:30 PM
I am positive your mail box is fully stuffed. Congratulation.

Hedon2014's photo
Sun 03/16/14 03:55 PM
While asking the question I did not take a 'subjective' approach. Expanding Universe hypothesis is based upon 2 observations which are 'objective'(not subjective); Red Shift & The Back Ground Radiation.(Thought experiments*, and the calculations tell us about some events which occurred during the last 13.7 ba. I am always thinking, what could have initiated the process. I do not consider this entire Universe was'literally' at one point; one location yes, but one point
NO. Because geometry defines a point as a dimension-less entity, which can only be conceptualized, but not drawn). I can not look at this Universe from outside; that will be speculative. I am a part of this Universe, in which these observations are made. Red shift is a simple spectroscopic observation(indicating the galaxies moving away from each other while accelerating at the same-time_observed by E.Hubble). Back ground radiation is a temperature of 2.7 degrees above the absolute zero {originally measured by R. Wilson & A.Penzia, it follows the the second law of thermodynamics(entropy)}. Mathematical notations are integral part of physics (no concept of physics can be explained without mathematics). When I quoted black holes(BH), my statement was purely scientific (as a matter of fact I have never watched any movie, or read a fiction about BH). BH are observed usually in the central part of the galaxies. Their presence is a detected of the radiation emitting from the objects when they are pulled inside these BH. While discussing this topic I have kept into consideration, the laws of thermodynamics,the causal effects of decreasing temperatures, and the formation of matter as we know it. Despite of the fact the Universe is vast, but I am considering it as 'an essentially closed system'. At this time I am unaware of any findings showing the influence of any kind of forces affecting the Universe from outside. I have not
speculated any thing, I am not taking any kind of religion into consideration either, and of course I am not interested in science fictions or movies on this topic.
* Please keep in mind, thought experiments are not mere speculations, Einstein was a theoretical Physicist, his entire work is presented in form of mathematical equations, he had postulated that light can bend because of gravity, and he predicted about the presence of Black Holes; his first prediction was confirmed during a solar eclipse, and as for the Black Holes are concerned, we are becoming more aware of their presence from the observations made during the last 3 decades.

Hedon2014's photo
Sat 03/15/14 06:46 PM
Dear folks, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I am a geologist by qualification. Had it not been for teaching the subject I would be still wandering in the darkness & trying to satisfy myself by taking a mystical approach. But I had to abandon whatever beliefs I was raised with. I will accept my crudeness & lack of finesse needed for answering the questions philosophically. All I know, there is matter & energy; which are one & the same. Any thing which can not be detected, observed, or measured is just an imagination. I am fully aware of the red shift phenomenon which initiated the expanding universe hypothesis; almost 30 years later the detection of pervasive temperature of 2.7 degrees above absolute zero corroborated some high energy event which occurred 13.7 ba ago(During the last 3 decades it has been brought down from 20 ba). I may be wrong or narrow minded, but my training demands to answer simple questions first, before moving to a higher level. I am also aware of the fact that certain laws of well known physics start yielding to some other sets of observations at the subatomic level. Einstein had the similar problem in incorporating quantum physics in his frame work. I am no where close to the genius like him or Hawking. I am puzzled because these observations take us to a point, then leave us hanging & speculating, we will never solve these mysteries but we will know a little bit more to fine tune this model which will never be perfect(the term is elusive); and yes god has no place here.

Hedon2014's photo
Sat 03/15/14 02:38 PM
Edited by Hedon2014 on Sat 03/15/14 02:45 PM
Like a parrot the entire scientific community (including me) keeps on repeating 13.7 ba ago the entire Universe was at one point {this has to be much more dense than a black hole_as a matter of fact a black hole may not be even like a grain of sand on a beach as compared to this entity}. So what will cause such an explosion which will spread all the matter present in that entity to be scattered in the entire Universe ? Or is it a forbidden question, just like we can not ask who the god is? We can not produce something from nothing.

Hedon2014's photo
Tue 03/11/14 02:36 PM
Hello every one. I moved to NB, Canada, prior to this I lived mostly in Texas. I have posted my profile. I have sent some request to few members, and of course some nudges(nothing strong_just winks). I never got any response. I do not want to be a spammer, or misuse this privilege. After living in a big city, I thought finding a few friends who can converse, have a coffee, exchange some notes will not be difficult in a small town, but I guess I was wrong.
One reason could be my picture is not there. Not because I want to hide my face, actually I live in almost wilderness. Taking & posting a selfie I have not learned yet. Any friendly suggestions.drinker Just one or two at the most.