Community > Posts By > CaliGamer85

CaliGamer85's photo
Fri 03/20/09 03:57 PM
I didn't know they were playing together!!!!! Where?

CaliGamer85's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:19 PM
He made the term "baby-makin music" :heart:

CaliGamer85's photo
Sun 02/22/09 08:28 PM
Obviously I don't mean give your number out in the first message, but if you've talked for a week and someone gives you their number, don't continue talking ro them on the site like the # exchange never happened. It's rude, and the phone number owner may get tired of waiting...

CaliGamer85's photo
Sun 02/22/09 08:28 PM
Obviously I don't mean give your number out in the first message, but if you've talked for a week and someone gives you their number, don't continue talking ro them on the site like the # exchange never happened. It's rude, and the phone number owner may get tired of waiting...

CaliGamer85's photo
Sun 02/22/09 07:46 PM
Attention:
~If someone takes a chance and gives you their number, gives yours in return.
~After someone gives you their number, don't sit on it for a week; they are interested, so there's really no risk involved on your part
~If you've had an encounter with someone, andthhey don't return your calls, take a hint! We're all here looking for something in particular, so don't take it personally if you're not the one.

«please feel free to add anything you think I've missed or if you simply disagree with me!»

CaliGamer85's photo
Thu 01/15/09 04:49 PM
Wow! thanks! What you said really means the most so far!

CaliGamer85's photo
Sat 01/10/09 09:52 PM
It's a tough feeling when you realize you're being taken advantage of. You have to tell yourself that some people are just insecure and use others to make themselves feel better and important. Others just don't understand boundaries and don't realize that they are taking advantage of you... chin up we've all been there!

CaliGamer85's photo
Sat 01/10/09 08:50 PM

I am sure that the psychologist explained to you that your therapy sessions are confidential! And they are unless you state with intent that you are going to harm yourself or another person.

A psychologist (like was already mentioned) will be impartial and non-judgemental. They are there to listen and provide suggests if necessary. They are there to guide to you have a healthy mental state. This is something you can even discuss with the psychologist, that you want to open up but still feel untrusting. And considering that this is your first session, you are going to feel a little uncomfortable. If this persists, don't feel bad to ask for another psychologist, if after 4-6 sessions you still don't feel comfortable with your current psychologist.

Now with the Psychiatrist, the doctor is going to be more concerned about your symptoms such as sleep, thoughts, emotions, etc. So it might help to write them down now. Or start a journal and right down your symptoms. So, not sleeping or sleeping too much, suicidal thoughts,or self-harm such as cutting.

I recommend you be as honest as possible with all of your symptoms so that they can fit you with the right treatment and medicine.

All of individuals getting treatment after a hospital admittance are afraid of being sent back. They will not send you back unless you are in crisis. So be upfront and honest about your symptoms.

Best of Luck!

oh! this is a great website for information... www.nami.org

thank you! you have no idea how much this helped! I didn't think about keeping a journal, but I will do it now. Just having the responses to my post has helped a little. biggrin

CaliGamer85's photo
Sat 01/10/09 04:44 PM
so, I had a nervous breakdown on Thursday night/Friday morning and was admitted to the hospital. I started seeing a Psychologist today and it was really helpful, but I am having a hard time opening up to the therapist; she is nice but I have trust issues. She has also set me up with a Psychiatrist to discuss possible Clinical Depression and medication; which means someone else to talk to.

Can anyone tell me if they've gone to therapy and if so, how they opened up to a stranger?

Any words would be helpful.... and it would also be nice to know that I'm not the only one who has deep enough issues to go see a shrink!

CaliGamer85's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:50 PM
not an original but "life is a cookie"

CaliGamer85's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:46 PM
next they'll be charging fish for use of the ocean!!!!

Damn "the man"

CaliGamer85's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:45 PM
it differs from person to person, but make sure that your rebound is AWARE that he/she is just a rebound... there's no excuse for messing with someone else's emotions for your own personal gain...

CaliGamer85's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:30 PM
I don't necessarily want a ring from the guy I choose to be with, does that mean that I will be single til the day I die even though we may live together for decades, share a bank account, and maybe even have kids together? I may be taking your mom's words a bit too literally, but I think that America puts too much emphasis on the physical aspects of a ring rather than the symbolic nature of this token.

CaliGamer85's photo
Mon 12/29/08 03:50 PM
Neither. my mom figured she put in her time and changed the lock one day while I was at work, and my dad left when he found out my mother was pregnant with me... I met him when I was 19, tried to have a relationship, but he wasn't really interested. oh well, I'm a better person without either of them. My mother was verbally abusive and it took alot of therapy (after I was not living with her) to know and appreciate that I am a good person who is capable of being loved... in a nutshell, I am closest to my best friend's mom!

CaliGamer85's photo
Sun 12/28/08 10:05 PM
I know I can do it on my own. I've been on my own for about years; no help from my family in almost 3 years. It's nice to know I'm self-sufficient at such a young age, but because I'm young, I still seek companionship. I'm not ready to deal with the possibility of facing life alone; companionship is still important to me.drinks I need a drinking buddy!

CaliGamer85's photo
Fri 12/26/08 12:47 PM
very funny! thanks for sharing... this one isnt quite as good as "white n nerdy" though!

CaliGamer85's photo
Fri 12/26/08 10:53 AM
NETFLIX - you can download movies right to your Xbox360... no waiting! instant movies!!!tongue2

CaliGamer85's photo
Fri 12/26/08 10:46 AM
I am going to find myself. Be happy with who I am. Live a healthy life for body mind and soul!Live laugh and love

flowerforyou

CaliGamer85's photo
Tue 12/23/08 03:07 PM
I think I peed a littlerofl

CaliGamer85's photo
Tue 12/23/08 03:05 PM
Night at the Roxbury... Best damn soundtack ever!!!!:banana:

Previous 1