Community > Posts By > Whatdoctor

Whatdoctor's photo
Mon 05/06/24 11:25 AM
You were very unlucky. That behaviour is not normal. I suppose the bit I found really surprising was that bit about "the second time". Never think so little of yourself that you will let something like that pass. That is an assault and worthy of police involvement.

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 05/02/24 01:43 AM
I think both sides in this war have let the high-ground rise above them. The initial raid was horrible - doing things that are too bad to mention on this site without breaking the rules.

I can understand why Israel is unwilling to stop their retaliation until all captives have been returned - but then there is what provoked the attack in the first place.

I blame religion (both of them). The ridiculous thing is though - they worship the same God. Christianity was a child of Judaism and the Muslim religion was born out of Christianity. They are just arguing over whose version of their God is right.

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 05/02/24 01:34 AM
Donald went for a brain scan to see if they could figure out what was wrong with him.
They found nothing.

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 04/11/24 12:22 PM
God is so amazingly unlikely that there is no way he could have just spontaneously happened. He must have had a creator. I believe that creator was man.

Whatdoctor's photo
Sun 04/07/24 12:29 PM
I tried watching Dances with wolves - but found it so boring I had to switch it off. Then I saw a review of the same movie that raved about it. I fell asleep watching the review.

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 04/04/24 12:56 PM
My ex-wife put out on the night we met. So it was not even a date. We stayed married for 30 years and had two children - so I would say it worked out.

We split on good terms. It was still sad that we no longer got along - but hey - people change (or in my case, don't).

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 04/04/24 12:52 PM
So he managed to wrangle a 75% discount on his bond. This has enabled him to mount a challenge to the decision.

Should his appeal fail, he may end up with an increased bill - up to double the original amount. This may be why the court was so willing to let him have a go.

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 04/04/24 12:49 PM
I believe jealousy is a sign that the jealous person has a wandering eye. They assume that their partner has the same thought processes that they do - so beware the jealous spouse.

Whatdoctor's photo
Thu 04/04/24 12:11 PM
It is horrible what religion causes people to do to one another.

This battle has been going on since the Muslims split from the Christians in about 600 A.D. For some reason they then decided to hate the Jews more than the Christians (but they hate Christians too).

This latest spat started because the Israelis were oppressing the West bank because the people of the West bank had dug tunnels into Israel and were using them to run raids into Israel. I am not sure on the full nature of those raids - I don't think they were killing people or this would have broken out sooner.

Anyway - frustrated by being oppressed, the Muslims then committed their horrible raid - where they killed and kidnapped women and children (and some men too).

Naturally, Israel wanted their people back so they started this recovery mission (which is being called a war). The aim if this war is to get back every person who was kidnapped and kill every person responsible for their kidnapping.

The war could probably be ended tomorrow if the Muslims returned all of their prisoners. But they do not really want the war to end. At the moment, the political situation is making Israel look like the bad guys - so they are happy for it to continue.

In a situation like this, the rules or war mean nothing - and religious hatred is all that matters.

AS for providing aid to the West bank, it is very difficult to ensure that any aid is not stolen by the Palestinian military to give to their troops. So all aid is actually likely to prolong the war.

I do not know how it will end - but I doubt history will look upon it as one of our great moments.