Community > Posts By > Melaschasm

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:48 PM

Clearly I should believe a random blogger who has not even bothered to post Rush actually saying the words, let alone the context of whatever he said.

I can understand not having audio of something Rush might have said in 1970, but why can't they produce audio in context of something he said in the past few years?

It was recently. He was talking about Iraq.

In that case, it is even more suspicious that they could not get audio of what Rush said, in context.

If he could provide the day and hour, I could probably find someone to email the MP3 file with Rush's actual words, but what is the point when every time I do the research about some scandal, the accusations turn out to be false.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:36 PM
I am not sure what Rush has said about the Obama stimulus package.

However, I have studied economics, and his spending program is not going to help the economy, and it will have some negative effects.

So far I am guessing that Obama has only delayed the economic recovery by a few months, but he has only been in office a few weeks, so he still has plenty of time to make things much much worse.

I must admit that I am surprised how many corrupt people Obama has already nominated. I did not expect that he would go forward with nominations of people who were found to have committed tax fraud during the vetting process.

Overall we are getting what I expected to get from Obama, so I guess you could say that he is successfully advancing a harmful leftist agenda.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:23 PM

Rush aside, which is definitely where he belongs slung aside like the trash, Obama is doing a good job considering what he is up against. He is trying to assign different people to his cabinet that have a variety of views. He even tried to get a republican in and the republican could not be bipartisan enough to accept, sad.

The experts who have studied the last depression have told him to do these things to help stop the downfall. He is listening and trying to the best of his ability to do it and he is trying to get the republicans on board which is one of his many promises that he is keeping.

The republican initially accepted, and even agreed to be supportive of a stimulus bill he did not like. Then Obama undercut his own appointee by moving authority over several key projects, so that the newly appointed cabinet member would be just a figure head.

Obama's ultra left wing agenda is delaying the economic recovery, as was expected when he was elected.

About the only good thing Obama has done, is to take extreme partisan positions, while actively trying to discourage broad bipartisanship.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:12 PM

There is no competition among teachers.

If we paid to private teachers, we would get 10 times better education for 10 times less money.

Consider this a side benefit, but a private teacher might also actually teach, as opposed to brainwash our children.

The NEA is one of the most harmful organizations in the USA. The harm they are doing to the quality of education is disgusting.

One of the reasons I did not become a high school math teacher is because I did not want to have to deal with the NEA.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:01 PM
There was a story a couple months ago about some lady buying a house in Eastern Michigan (either Detroit or in the region) for a couple hundred dollars.

The cost of maintaining a repairing these houses is often greater than the value of a house in that neighborhood.

There are entire blocks in Detroit where anyone who agrees to repair the buildings can have the property for free because the property taxes on the house are greater than the value of the house.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:52 PM

I remember when that story hit the news. I was curious because I liked some of the shows Fox starred in.

After doing some research, I acquired the actual audio of Rush talking about Michael J. Fox.

Rush wondered out loud if Michael J. Fox was acting like his condition was worse than it really is, since Fox seemed to have much better motor control in a different interview a few days earlier.

Later it was discovered that Michael J. Fox stopped using his medication shortly before the show in question, which caused his symptoms to look worse than a few days before.

This entire bit was not even an accusatory attack on Fox, instead it was part of a discussion about the media. Unfortunately, once a false story comes out, it is difficult to bring the truth to light.

Besides which Fox is a white male, so this would not be example of prejudice even if it were true.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:38 PM

Rush is not as stupid as you portray him. Unfortunately Obama so far has been nothing but hollow promises and Rush makes valid points for as much of a choad as he is. The issue I have is your approach. For a person of education you just shot maturity down the toilet with a spuzooka (look up Potato gun if you do not know what a spudzooka is).
Draconain to draconian, if you enter a debate do try to do so from a position of clear reason rather than attitude. Why not illustrate some of the arguments Rush is screwing up on rather than just calling him a choad. Even Fanta46 has posted legitimate gripes even though he does tend to get a tad PA on us all.
I have seen and responded to other posts of yours before and in a debate of any real nature you would discredit yourself after the first two sentences.

Please do not mistake passion for childishness. I can clearly see my passion would consume you wholly if I was not careful. You are not a bad person, just poorly spoken on these forums at times...flowerforyou

Was that an educated evalution of someone you don't even know???noway rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Thank you for the attempt and for the laughs.

Rush is an imbecile of the greatness magnitude dude, his ideals are not worth the effort given to write about this right now.slaphead oops

Rush's ideals are:

Liberty
Freedom
Constitutional limits to government power
Human life is sacred
A patriotic love for the USA and her soldiers.

Rush might not be right on all the policy positions, but I do share his ideals. It is a shame that more people do not share those same ideals, the world would be a much better place.

No way.

Replace with racist, male chauvinist, hypocrite, and more. I think he makes Republicans look bad. He's all about spreading hate and prejudice.

I am still waiting for one example of hate or prejudice taken in context.

I don't know Rush, I can't speak to what he believes, but if he was guilty of any of your accusations, that guilt would be verified by many news outlets. Instead we see accusations without evidence.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:35 PM

Rush is not as stupid as you portray him. Unfortunately Obama so far has been nothing but hollow promises and Rush makes valid points for as much of a choad as he is. The issue I have is your approach. For a person of education you just shot maturity down the toilet with a spuzooka (look up Potato gun if you do not know what a spudzooka is).
Draconain to draconian, if you enter a debate do try to do so from a position of clear reason rather than attitude. Why not illustrate some of the arguments Rush is screwing up on rather than just calling him a choad. Even Fanta46 has posted legitimate gripes even though he does tend to get a tad PA on us all.
I have seen and responded to other posts of yours before and in a debate of any real nature you would discredit yourself after the first two sentences.

Please do not mistake passion for childishness. I can clearly see my passion would consume you wholly if I was not careful. You are not a bad person, just poorly spoken on these forums at times...flowerforyou

Was that an educated evalution of someone you don't even know???noway rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Thank you for the attempt and for the laughs.

Rush is an imbecile of the greatness magnitude dude, his ideals are not worth the effort given to write about this right now.slaphead oops

Rush's ideals are:

Liberty
Freedom
Human life is sacred

Rush might not be right on all the policy positions, but I do share his ideals. It is a shame that more people do not share those same ideals, the world would be a much better place.

See what I mean about being easily misled? No offense but he is not for all you listed. He is for furthering a hate agenda hidden under all you listed.

How is liberty hate?
How is freedom hate?
How is constitutional limits on government power hate?
How is considering human life sacred hate?
How is patriotism hate?

I honestly do not understand what you are trying to say in this post.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:32 PM

Clearly I should believe a random blogger who has not even bothered to post Rush actually saying the words, let alone the context of whatever he said.

I can understand not having audio of something Rush might have said in 1970, but why can't they produce audio in context of something he said in the past few years?

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:26 PM

OK missy...i don't think anyone here is drooling over the guy as it is lol smooched

Just showing his racist side.:wink:

that snopes link says: Since Limbaugh has not denied the accusation made in that article, we assume it is true.

First of all, there are way to many accusations for anyone to have time to deny them all.

Secondly, if he did make that statement in the 1970's, and expressed regret about it in the 1980's that is not exactly a resounding endorsement of a claim of racism.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:20 PM

Rush's ideals are:

Liberty
Freedom
Human life is sacred

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:08 PM

Wow, that is shocking. How dare he make jokes at the expense of liberal politicians. Obama should issue an executive order to make it illegal for conservatives to express opinions on the radio.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:05 PM

On the subject of Rush, no offense intended here but, he caters to the audience that is like himself, low educated, easily lead astray, an audience that has frustration issues and chooses to take them out on others as an unhealthy outlet, borderline or all the way over the line racists, psuedo conservatism, etc....

He has no education, he is spouting hatred in almost every breath, he is a perfect example of the type of American the real Americans are ashamed of. He is nothing but a blow hard with nothing constructive to offer to the whole situation.

According to third party studies, Rush's audience is more knowledgeable about the US government than most media audiences including people who read the New York Times. The study asked people about who were various cabinet people, what the constitution says, and what are the policy positions various politicians.

Also, Rush has never said anything racist on his radio show. Perhaps you should double check the reliability of your sources.

As far as a lack of college education, Bill Gates also dropped out, and I know many people with great expertise who never went to college.

There are plenty of reasons to disagree with Rush's political positions, but the lies that are constantly told about him, by the leftist media are sad, and a sign of intellectual inability to dispute his claims.

Rush is a waste of radio time. And if the people who listen to him think they know about the government especially from his perspective they are misled. I don't know anything about liberal media, I know from listening myself. He is racist. It is not obvious but if you really listen it is there.

I forgot that all conservatives are racist because they disagree with liberals about taxes, social welfare, global warming, and abortion.

And it wasn't the audience making the claim, it was an independent group who has tracked that information about the media for years, and only recently added Rush to the list of shows they track.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 06:47 PM

On the subject of Rush, no offense intended here but, he caters to the audience that is like himself, low educated, easily lead astray, an audience that has frustration issues and chooses to take them out on others as an unhealthy outlet, borderline or all the way over the line racists, psuedo conservatism, etc....

He has no education, he is spouting hatred in almost every breath, he is a perfect example of the type of American the real Americans are ashamed of. He is nothing but a blow hard with nothing constructive to offer to the whole situation.

According to third party studies, Rush's audience is more knowledgeable about the US government than most media audiences including people who read the New York Times. The study asked people about who were various cabinet people, what the constitution says, and what are the policy positions various politicians.

Also, Rush has never said anything racist on his radio show. Perhaps you should double check the reliability of your sources.

As far as a lack of college education, Bill Gates also dropped out, and I know many people with great expertise who never went to college.

There are plenty of reasons to disagree with Rush's political positions, but the lies that are constantly told about him, by the leftist media are sad, and a sign of intellectual inability to dispute his claims.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 06:03 PM
Michigan has been in a recession, had the worst economy of any State, and has been loosing citizens since Granholm was elected.

Detroit has been sinking for the past 30 years, and if it was not for all the taxes paid by the rest of the State and sent to Detroit, the collapse would have happened much sooner.

Basically Detroit is the poster child for big government liberalism.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 05:55 PM
Business has been booming. The company I work for is off to the best start ever. The next few months look even better.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 05:27 PM

You two should go on a date.

Which two?

If you mean me and Yellowrose10, I'll take her out if you pay for the plane tickets. :banana:

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 05:17 PM

Rush is a shock jock just like Stern...come on

not politically...

A shock jock is exactly what Rush is. I find it hard to believe that people can't see that and take him seriously.

Rush is an entertainer, but not a shock jock.

A shock jock is someone who makes extreme statements to create controversy and "shock" the audience. While rush uses a variety of different techniques to entertain his audience, he does not make a habit of making shocking statements or assertions.

Most of the "shocking" statements Rush is quoted as making were either taken out of context, or completely made up.

doesn't that depend on the audience??? to some he may be shocking

You are right. I sometimes forget that the concepts of freedom, liberty, constitutional limits on government power, and that human life has value are controversial topics, and shocking positions.

For some reason I tend to forget that the principles the USA is founded upon are still radical ideas 200 years later.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 05:09 PM

again...who should he have voted for if he thought they were all equally bad

One of the many third party candidates. I think there were 6 or so people running. You can also vote for local elections, and just give a write in candidate for president.

But then again, I have always believed that the only people who should vote are those who take the time to learn about the candidates. Thus I am fine with him, or anyone else choosing not to vote.

no photo
Sat 02/21/09 02:20 PM

Rush is a shock jock just like Stern...come on

not politically...

A shock jock is exactly what Rush is. I find it hard to believe that people can't see that and take him seriously.

Rush is an entertainer, but not a shock jock.

A shock jock is someone who makes extreme statements to create controversy and "shock" the audience. While rush uses a variety of different techniques to entertain his audience, he does not make a habit of making shocking statements or assertions.

Most of the "shocking" statements Rush is quoted as making were either taken out of context, or completely made up.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 12 13