Community > Posts By > Shadowphyre95

Shadowphyre95's photo
Fri 12/05/14 06:29 PM

I guess it depends upon the culture and their definition, semantics adds levels to any discussion

the type of witchcraft I was referring to ,however, was any type which DOES use spells or potions to play God or Mother Nature

That's not witchcraft, but black magic.
A shame ppl keep thinking like this. There are many ppl practicing the craft that have nothing to do with black magic, but are pure and work from the Heart. They still get frowned upon. Guess the witch-hunt isn't over yet.
This connotation of witchcraft being devilish or black magic, is instigated by church. Read the Salem files on how things were done, it's disgusting! Pure brainwashing of people, done by extreme Christians and two powerful Salem families that didn't like the other one being having that much influence. They abused fear to start this witch hunt BS.
Good example of how ppl got set up against the ones they used to see when they needed help (witch doctors, wise women, shamans etc.)

Thousands, ten-thousands have died because of this line of thinking, based on fear, instigated by church to make them more powerful.

thank you for clearing that up, as a Pagan it's really a very sore topic to bring up to most people, there are still people who insist I turn them into a frog. I lost a great ancestor of mine, Sarah Good, because of the witch trials in Salem. It's sickening