Community > Posts By > NacoCraig

no photo
Fri 04/18/14 06:24 PM
Edited by NacoCraig on Fri 04/18/14 06:27 PM

I think he was joking but its a nice story sir. ugh. married. intimate encounter.

Read his other quotes--I think he was serious!

(By the way, if your wife dies, but you believe in eternal marriage, are you still married?) But, because my version of marriage is different than yours, I changed my profile to "widowed" instead of "Married", because I couldn't choose both options, and I can see how it could be misconstrued.

I went to a silly movie the other day with a sweet, but quiet woman who goes to my Church. She laughed at the right spots in the movie, and seemed moved at the appropriate times. About half way through the movie, during a slow part in the show, she reached over and gently squeezed my hand. For me, that was a very intimate moment. I hadn't had someone reach out and touch my hand in over a year. I like such intimate encounters! That is precisely what I'm looking for. It wasn't, for me, an "ugh" moment. I changed "intimate encounter" to something that clearly has a more palatable answer.

no photo
Fri 04/18/14 04:52 PM
Edited by NacoCraig on Fri 04/18/14 04:54 PM
I once went to see a Kansas City Royals baseball game with my dad, and a college friend of mine. During the game, Dad asked this guy where his father was. He said, "I haven't spoken to dad in years." I was a little shocked, and learned that I didn't know this buddy of mine as well as I thought I did. We started talking. It seems that when my buddy was sixteen, my buddy had come home drunk. His dad threw him out--and that was the last time they had spoken. I thought "how horrible that this buddy of mine didn't have the same kind of relationship I had with my Dad."

Your response kind of reminds me of this buddy. In all those years, not only had his father not called him, but he hadn't called his father. Not on birthdays, Holidays, or any time.

Like my dad, God has always been willing to talk to me. Sometimes, I initiate that call, sometimes God does.

I'm really sorry to hear that God hasn't reached out to you. It sort of makes me wonder if you've done all you can to reach out to him?

Maybe you've chosen not to live by his rules, knock on the front door of his house, or otherwise make an effort. But, I bet if you did, your Father in Heaven would open the door as willingly as my buddy's father on earth probably would have.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your earthly father, or your Heavenly one. But if I were you, I'd think the time and effort you put into building the relationship might be worth the effort.

God speaks to me, but then, I ask him to do so. He gives me guidance, support, direction, and sometimes, when I'm not even expecting it, he tells me something very important.

Moses talked with God face to face "as a man speaketh to a man." So did Noah, Abraham, and others. Why do you suppose we were left that information in the Bible (particularly when many try to make it seem that man can't speak to God?) Perhaps it is because God wants us to know that he speaks to man today as he always has: Face to face sometimes, ear to ear other times, and sometimes through a still small voice that pierces us to the very core of our being.

I don't know how God wants to talk to you, but I'm betting that He does. Are you too arrogant to make the first move?