Community > Posts By > mancandyness

mancandyness's photo
Wed 12/31/08 02:10 PM

Well, now......here's something I never knew before, and now
that I know it,

I feel compelled to send it on to my more intelligent friends in
the hope that they, too, will feel edified. Isn't history more fun when you know something about it?

Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the English, proposed to cut off the middle finger of all
captured English soldiers. Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow and therefore they would be incapable of fighting in the future. This famous English longbow
was made of the native English Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as 'plucking the yew' (or 'pluck yew').

Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving it at the defeated French, saying, See, we can still pluck yew!
Since 'pluck yew' is rather difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodentals fricative F', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the
one-finger-salute!

It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used
with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as 'giving the bird.'

IT IS STILL AN APPROPRIATE SALUTE TO THE FRENCH TODAY!

And yew thought yew knew every plucking thing!!rofl rofl rofl rofl

How dare you insult the french! Christ de plote sale! va te crosser! va te faire défoncer!!!

lol im jk! that was funny. go look up what i just said to you, its pretty funny too. lol

mancandyness's photo
Wed 12/31/08 01:56 PM
OMG!!! That is so funny!!!

mancandyness's photo
Wed 12/31/08 01:53 PM

Some people have difficulty separating truth from myth.

But most of us already knew that.

So does this mean others can start posting jokes about Christians in the religion thread?

Well if this post was meant to start an intelligent dialog, it missed by a mile. The fact that some might find it funny, is not all that surprising, but it is surprising coming from someone that wants respectful discussion.

I don't know any atheist that would take such a lame thing to court. I certainly don't need a religious holiday considering I don't belong to one and prefer not to.

Sweetie, it was a joke. Drop it. Nobody is converting you so keep your opinions to yoursef. I am a man of the bible and im not freaking out because of a little joke someone made so stop taking it too seriously!

~Lots of love for all on M2 :heart: ~

mancandyness's photo
Fri 12/26/08 02:37 PM

This guy is rude! im pretty sure the way he talks about women he is still holding the "V" card! lol noway

there are over 50 women that will disagree with you there. haha

I'm sure... and even if that were true, surely none of them enjoyed it! haha

mancandyness's photo
Fri 12/26/08 02:27 PM

Okay, grow up children.

If you dont think its funny, or are offended by it, is it really necessary to remain and make comment after comment and call names over it, or wouldnt it be easier to just move on, call a spade a spade as it were, and forget about it?

I Can understand saying "I dont think that was funny. I dont like it" and then heading out to greener, funnier, pastures, but honestly, this is just silly. Do you harrass someone in public if you happen to hear something offensive in passing?

Not saying leave the jokes forum, but if you dont like something, you're always free to move on to the next one, rather than stay and try to make someone else see why you think everyone should consider this universally offensive.

As a woman, I have every right to say something about it.

As do I my love! he's a big... meanie face!!! -.- lol

Meanie face.laugh

what? i think that was a very mature thing to say! lol

mancandyness's photo
Fri 12/26/08 01:59 PM

Okay, grow up children.

If you dont think its funny, or are offended by it, is it really necessary to remain and make comment after comment and call names over it, or wouldnt it be easier to just move on, call a spade a spade as it were, and forget about it?

I Can understand saying "I dont think that was funny. I dont like it" and then heading out to greener, funnier, pastures, but honestly, this is just silly. Do you harrass someone in public if you happen to hear something offensive in passing?

Not saying leave the jokes forum, but if you dont like something, you're always free to move on to the next one, rather than stay and try to make someone else see why you think everyone should consider this universally offensive.

As a woman, I have every right to say something about it.

As do I my love! he's a big... meanie face!!! -.- lol

mancandyness's photo
Fri 12/26/08 01:57 PM
This guy is rude! im pretty sure the way he talks about women he is still holding the "V" card! lol noway

mancandyness's photo
Fri 12/26/08 01:25 PM

Oh la la! GG2 est tres belle. Elle est tres bonne. Elle paraît délicieux!drool

Ou et mancandyness..... il paraît ca va.....ohwell

Just ok? -.- psh! my mommy says otherwise lol

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 02:30 PM

Je suis aussi

GASP!!! tu parle francais? J'taim toi!!!

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 02:26 PM
avec moi? lol

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:57 PM
thank you for your pointers, i think now that i have added more about me and what i like, etc. and some more pics its better... let me know

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:43 PM
for the win

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:40 PM
not the one

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:34 PM
fire when ready

mancandyness's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:24 PM
cross the line

mancandyness's photo
Sat 12/20/08 12:48 PM
hey guys! tell me what you think about me and my pics. don't hold back, rip me a new one lol

mancandyness's photo
Fri 12/19/08 11:57 AM
Hey! Im new to the site, i joined yesterday. looking for some people to talk to...