Community > Posts By > mikey5360

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 02:09 PM

Hello there, I'm just new here. I'm from Philippines specifically from Davao City, the land where our new President came from. happy

welcome ,hey I would like to know when is the final counting of vote..??
I'm so positive that he's gonna make changes #cheers. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Check this site out mj....
ph.rappler.com/elections/2016/results
President Duterte won in a landslide...
neck and neck for Vice President...

oh thanks Mikey..
now I want to know the vice.. president .. I'm still waiting for the right update I get different updates on net......

Robredo 35.1%
Marcos Jr 34.6%
96.04% precincts reporting as of May 14th 2016, 3:55:56 am
very close...

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 02:02 PM

Hello there, I'm just new here. I'm from Philippines specifically from Davao City, the land where our new President came from. happy

welcome ,hey I would like to know when is the final counting of vote..??
I'm so positive that he's gonna make changes #cheers. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Check this site out mj....
ph.rappler.com/elections/2016/results
President Duterte won in a landslide...
neck and neck for Vice President...

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 01:57 PM
Taking your partner for granted is a sure sign things are going wrong...
Instead...we should show gratitude everyday for that person coming into our life...

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 01:50 PM
Trust has to be earned and will grow...
Over time the right guy will accept both of you...drinker

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 01:49 PM

Hey. I'm the girl who had a public make-out session with herself yesterday. Clearly the art of discretion is lost on me .whoa

we noticed....happy

Hey I'm 40 now Mikey. I'm giving myself 5 more years to acquire some class.

Hope springs eternal happy

Hehe....ohhh, I think you have acquired that already...
Nothing wrong with PDAs...if you keep ur clothes on...:angel:

(Damn! Where are my knickers?)
Good idea! Thanks Mikey !drinker

Ummmm...ohhh..their not on the floor by my bed...ohwell
Hehe

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 01:20 PM

If he/she got away it just proves they weren't meant for you laugh

yes...and just deal with it...
or become a stalker....oops

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 01:16 PM

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 01:13 PM

I think too many people romanticize that part of the LDR journey instead of researching it as a couple and assessing the practicality of those realities in the long run.

Yes...even in the early stages of infatuation you have to keep a level head, or you are doomed to failure once the logistics are realised...

I also don't see things working out if both parties are highly career driven during the long distance courtship period. I don't think you can mentally or emotionally half-azz an LDR. It requires a lot of focus because of all the added built in challenges, and a person with a high career drive is more likely to be giving their focus to mastering their career.

Another valid point...
Part of the challenge is the fact either of you are going to have to get a job at the others country...here in Oz we have many highly skilled immigrants working menial jobs because their qualifications don't meet our high standards...
If your in the same country not so important...

I also think that some people because of having been cheated on in the past or maybe even because of their own insecurities, are more prone to a suspicious/paranoid personality than others.

Yep....it is imperative to have a sound mind and no baggage....
Trust is a key factor in an LDR...possibly one the most common reasons for failure...

The last thing that I consider important whether it be a SDR or a LDR is the couple's ability to meet each others immediate family if possible and view the interaction style of that person in their home turf with their family. I think there are some crucial insights you gain into the person's character , lifestyle and personality that you cant learn from any context other than their family setting.

Agree...take off the rose coloured glasses and see the real person...
The families must also be supportive of both of you...
One of you will leaving family behind...their support is vital...

As for rest of your points...yes, yes, yes and yes...I strongly agree with all these...
Slow and steady builds a solid foundation...that will help keep your relationship strong in the long term...

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:57 PM

Yes true but when u do meet it's kinda hard to let go...at least for me lol

ohhh yeahhh...leaving to go back home is gut wrenching...
But is serves to make sure your plan is rock solid...
Make that end date for sooner...or even sooner...hehe

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:55 PM

I have no experience with this whatsoever but here are my thoughts on some issues that are not always addressed.

While I do believe in LDRs, I do think that the further the distance in the globe, is the more you have to contend with alienating immigration laws, and possible cultural norms that clash against one's value systems. I think too many people romanticize that part of the LDR journey instead of researching it as a couple and assessing the practicality of those realities in the long run.

I also don't see things working out if both parties are highly career driven during the long distance courtship period. I don't think you can mentally or emotionally half-azz an LDR. It requires a lot of focus because of all the added built in challenges, and a person with a high career drive is more likely to be giving their focus to mastering their career.

I also think that some people because of having been cheated on in the past or maybe even because of their own insecurities, are more prone to a suspicious/paranoid personality than others. As a result of this, they put all their trust in the fears they have in their head as opposed to the actual truth, and they are perpetually in the mindset of accusation against infidelity. A person like that will not stand a chance in an LDR or any type of relationship for that matter because no amount of truth, love or reassurance can deliver them from that demon in my opinion.They require professional help.And LDRs only serve to poke at those even more .

The last thing that I consider important whether it be a SDR or a LDR is the couple's ability to meet each others immediate family if possible and view the interaction style of that person in their home turf with their family. I think there are some crucial insights you gain into the person's character , lifestyle and personality that you cant learn from any context other than their family setting.

Even with all of these sobering realities, what I love about the LDR is what people in this thread said about the unique opportunity it offers to get to know someone at slow and steady pace.

So many people I know , are in a rush to formalise a relationship without taking the time to know who they truly are, and then they rush just as quickly into the taking each other for granted phase.

I think a mature couple who consistently sustain that rich communication over a year or more in an LDR, show signs of TRULY caring about the person and wanting to be with that person, which many SDR's seem lack these days.

I also truly believe that because of the lack of physical access to the person, that LDR couples develop their communication to a much deeper level than SDR couples, and they become almost like a physically challenged person, whose other senses get highly developed and fine-tuned to compensate for the disability in question :thumbsup: happy

Another thought provoking, intelligent post Peggy...
Where is the damn like button...haha

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:52 PM

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:52 PM

Long distance relatiionships can tend to cause a lot of sexual frustration...i speak from my personal experience only

True...but this can lead to some pretty wild cyber activity...
And your meet ups will be explosive....:tongue:

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:48 PM
Yep....

Ohhh welcome and good luck...drinker

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:46 PM

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:45 PM

When somebody gives you a special attention it means you are important and precious to him, if not, he just want to have fun, so be prepared if you want to play his game or not.

This is a good point to make note of in regards to ascertaining the realness of your potential LDR partner...
If it is love developing you will know the difference between game or not by that special attention...
For instance, if there is too much focus on cyber sex and not enough on meaningful chats...be wary...
If they say they are going to visit soon, get them to show the proof...airline tickets etc...
Nobody wants to be played...

A real man should always make the first move to make contact and not the lady, though it is not that a big deal if the lady communicates first

I noticed this when I was in Phils....and whilst it is a worthy sentiment, here in the western world it has become common for the girl to often take the lead and speak up for what she wants...
A lot of guys are very shy and afraid of rejection...

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:29 PM

Is that an automatic deal breaker?

Not if your Bi...hehehe
Welcome and good luck...drinker

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:28 PM

Hey. I'm the girl who had a public make-out session with herself yesterday. Clearly the art of discretion is lost on me .whoa

we noticed....happy

Hey I'm 40 now Mikey. I'm giving myself 5 more years to acquire some class.

Hope springs eternal happy

Hehe....ohhh, I think you have acquired that already...
Nothing wrong with PDAs...if you keep ur clothes on...:angel:

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:24 PM
768....5.25am and wide awake....

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:23 PM
Its quite simple man...

Search...
Post in the forums...
Be searched...
Post...
Fight off scammers...
Post...
Get warning for posting something inappropriate....
Post...
Search...
Post...
Fight off another scammer...
Post...
Feel rejected by a catfisher...
Post...

Repeat as necessary..

mikey5360's photo
Fri 05/13/16 12:22 PM
Building on existing friendships...
Making new friendships...
Indulging in reasonably intelligent conversations...
Bantering in ridiculous conversations...
drinker

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25