Community > Posts By > Dark_Brown_Eyes

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Thu 06/12/14 11:19 AM
I guess I don't really understand what the "arguement" here is. Are men visual? Yup. I don't think any male would deny that. But so are women. We just like to be thought of as having more depth than that. But we are. We evaluate men based on look as much as we do on the rest of the common traits.

Do SOME men stop their evaluation and consider themselves to have hit the genetic gold mind when they see a certain body type? Sure. But if you take the responses provided even just in here there's a pretty good cross section of cultural diversity and they are all saying it takes MORE to hold their attention.

Sooooooo, I think that for the most part, it's a pretty safe bet that when you are looking for a relationship that will last, both men and women know you need to delve deeper and seek the substance of a potential partner. Afterall, bodies change - widely so, and most of us with a few miles behind us are aware of that fact.

...and sexy is as sexy does, not just as sexy looks.

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Tue 06/10/14 02:22 PM

Do you think being burned out by past love, breakups, or not putting yourself out there in the world makes you passive to life? In the utmost nonchalant way? Are you basically dead or scared on the inside inside to really believe you deserve love from another person?

I think the answer to this is one of the most subjective ones to be asked. How we feel after the ending of a relationship depends very much on the how's, why's and when's said relationship terminated.

For me, I called the end to my marriage, but I only did so after I had fought very hard to save it inspite of ...well...details that don't need to be shared. But I promised myself that I wouldn't quit until I felt a nothingness - not the same as numbness. And because I waited till all my emotions had exhausted themselves, I was able to leave without the sense of bewildered loss of what is nearly a limb (my other half). Without doing that, without using that painful time to exorcise my hurt and anger, I would carry baggage forward and quite likely question my decisions in the future.

I have done the autopsy on it and I know what my part is, so I don't carry fear of getting into that situation again, nor do I feel a question of worthiness of love, thank god. I AM however certain that I don't wish to invite someone into my life in the same capacity as I once did. A new man can have a place in my heart and a place in my bed occasionally, but there is no permanence in my life to be had. All things are conditional.

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Tue 06/10/14 01:00 PM
I miss feeling the rush of excitement when I think about someone. I miss getting a hug for no reason or any reason and having that mans unique scent envelop me and stay on me for a long while. I miss sharing secret smiles and whispering naughty things to bring about those smiles. I miss a guiding hand on the small of my back when I walk thru a door. I miss a warm, masculine voice on the other end of the phone telling me to sleep tight and that he can't wait to see me again. I just miss enjoying what it is to be a female and to appreciate what makes males MALE.

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 07:32 PM
Aside from the rather imaginative descriptions about what the sender wants to do to/with/at my feet, it's most annoying to get the c&p'd message.

I mean c'mon! Do I not at least warrent a sleezy come on of my very OWN?

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 07:08 PM
Edited by Dark_Brown_Eyes on Mon 06/09/14 07:10 PM

Did Tom Cruise joined Mingle?

If he did, this place just went to hell.

And I SWEAR, these are my own toes. I didn't lift 'em offa nowhere.

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 07:05 PM
Barrie here. :)

...was that an echo?

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 07:01 PM
Quiet, but not silent. ;)

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 06:44 PM
The war being waged over whether I should pound away on the elliptical to make myself sleepy or read a good trashy novel is a really, really difficult one.

Woe is me for my troubles in life this night. :wink:

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 06:35 PM

Now I'm confused.
Are you looking for a married woman, or simply a more mature woman.
If you are after a currently married woman...think about this.
Poking a stick at a badger, can be fun and amusing.
But eventually, you will regret it.

I believe there is a tiny language barrier here. I'm thinking 'mature' woman (likely to have BEEN married) is his goal. (Nice Charolais calves btw)

OP, you might want to clarify your thoughts on this before the townsfolk arrive with pitch forks and torches. :)

Dark_Brown_Eyes's photo
Mon 06/09/14 06:14 PM
I find the dating part to be easier than the finding of said date....for the simple reason of not wanting to invest my precious little time on said date with a moron. So..weeding out the ones who aren't in it for the same things or who are game players is soooo tedious.

Dating would be FUN. Just find me one worth doing it with.