Community > Posts By > lulabelle

lulabelle's photo
Fri 05/29/09 08:25 PM
more altcountry/texas country than anything,....

check out
drive by truckers
lucero
cross candian ragweed
jerry jeff walker
reckless kelly
todd snider
drew kennedy
mike mcclure

lulabelle's photo
Wed 04/01/09 09:09 PM
when the world ends
big eyed fish

lulabelle's photo
Tue 03/24/09 12:04 AM

I loved all of it. Richard Manuel's stuff has always floored me. You know that Clapton broke up Cream and formed Blind Faith after hearing Music From Big Pink. It's no coincidence that he chose a singer that is similar to Richard Manuel.

i did know that.....and am reminded of that, as i sit here lookin at my claption/winwood tickets that just came in the mail

lulabelle's photo
Mon 03/23/09 06:31 PM

nice pun in the thread title,....

and yea,...the band is great,....i watch the last waltz about twice a month when i'm cleanin house and such,....

levon helms solo stuff is also worth listenin to,.....much more so than robbie robertson's IMO

Robertson took all the credit and look at what he's done since the Band split up... Not a helluva lot.

Robbie will never admit it, but more so than any other group The Band's song writing was a collaborative effort.

Poor Dirt Farmer is excellent. I've been to Levon's Midnight Ramble. Very cool. smokin

all my band favs,....

ophela
dixie
rag momma rag
acaidan drift wood
ect.

are mainly levon songs

and youre right dirt farmer is great

lulabelle's photo
Mon 03/23/09 06:29 PM
new list,...

presents of the lord - blind faith
cant find my way home - traffic
franklin's tower - the dead

lulabelle's photo
Mon 03/23/09 06:23 PM
nice pun in the thread title,....

and yea,...the band is great,....i watch the last waltz about twice a month when i'm cleanin house and such,....

levon helms solo stuff is also worth listenin to,.....much more so than robbie robertson's IMO

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 01:18 PM
HA,....roger that

i keep lookin for a black decible shirt like rob has in hifi,....

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 12:08 PM
last three

nights like these - lucero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r4Ymyeuw_E

gawdam lonely love - drive by truckers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNp7NGsWfd4

most of the time - bob dylan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnhV-LcVvUc

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:58 AM
ahhh,...you gotta love donnie,....

i loved sam elliot as the stranger,.....i thought that was a nice touch for the coens,.....

i also thought that phillip seymore hoffman as brant was great,....

oh and the guy that played jesus,....i read somewhere that was mostly improve,...down to the purple and the 'coke' pinky nail

http://lebowskifest.com/

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:52 AM

dots and loops is what caught me up in the stereolab thing,...you know?

sound tribe is really ambient,...but i kinds see a stereolab influence,...sans words and all,...maybe thats just me

and yea,....its one of my all time favorite movies,....i can make almost anything relate to hifi or the big lebowski....but i have this weird ability to retain random information,....

hifi isn't my favorite movie (the big lebowski is though, seriously). but hifi is easily the most profound relationship movie i've ever seen. i think everyone should have to watch that before issued a marriage license

i agree,...the book was really great too,...nick hornsby, the guy who wrote it, is a genius,....its set in london though,...most people dont know that

lebowski,...i think i catch something new everytime i watch it,...and i watch it about once a month,....

you want a toe? i can get you a toe

have you ever been to lebowski fest?

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3AztHwOPB0

lawyers guns and money,...warren zevon

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:17 AM
dots and loops is what caught me up in the stereolab thing,...you know?

sound tribe is really ambient,...but i kinds see a stereolab influence,...sans words and all,...maybe thats just me

and yea,....its one of my all time favorite movies,....i can make almost anything relate to hifi or the big lebowski....but i have this weird ability to retain random information,....

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:05 AM

i just realized this week how AMAZING sound dust is. i always over looked that one, and this weekend (while i was being stood up for the 2nd time in a week) i threw that in and was blown away.

ever hear it?

(and hi fidelity is a great movie. i don't remember a stereolab reference in there though. i thought they were talking about the beta band 3 eps?)

during the scene, close to the end, where he meets the music writer that he compiles the mix tap for, he's standing behind the counter and she looks at him and says 'hey, is this the new stereolab?'anyway,....

sound dust is great but i'm more partial to dots and loops,....

you should also check out soundtribe sector nine,....they have that same dream like quality

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:00 AM
the night they drove ol dixie down - the band
melissa - the allman brothers
every picture tells a story - rod stewert

lulabelle's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:48 AM
it was a joke,...maybe it was just my attempt to include more hifi references into the world,...

and yea,..sterolab is good stuff

lulabelle's photo
Tue 01/06/09 06:33 PM

Sonic Youth!!!!:tongue:

really?

i mean,...really?
Yea...them or The Velvet Underground

while i'll not deny the talent of either, i'd hardly consider them a 'best' rock band,....to each their own i suppose
Yea, ya'know how it goes. Just a matter of opinion. One man's junk is another man's treasure. It's all opinion. In my opinion the Sex Pistols were as great as the Beatles.

that i'll not argue with,.....the beatles were overrated
See...we agree on something.

kooky

Innit"?

indeed

lulabelle's photo
Tue 01/06/09 06:26 PM

really?

i mean,...really?

while i'll not deny the talent of either, i'd hardly consider them a 'best' rock band,....to each their own i suppose
Yea, ya'know how it goes. Just a matter of opinion. One man's junk is another man's treasure. It's all opinion. In my opinion the Sex Pistols were as great as the Beatles.

See...we agree on something.

kooky

lulabelle's photo
Tue 01/06/09 06:09 PM

really?

i mean,...really?

lulabelle's photo
Tue 01/06/09 05:55 PM

really?

i mean,...really?

lulabelle's photo
Tue 01/06/09 05:52 PM
are you really into sterolab? or is this an attempt to slide a hifi reference in there,...i mean the world needs more of them, imo

Previous 1