Community > Posts By > Rob3AB

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 12:10 PM
Edited by Rob3AB on Wed 06/11/14 12:11 PM
I was approached to star in the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin...

frustrated

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 12:03 PM
Die Hard... I love skyrise buildings!

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 12:01 PM

What do you mean nothing to rate?

Well you didn't list any of your interests.

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 10:04 AM
Allowance ($1.00 / week isn't enough!)

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 09:35 AM
Jim Zippo (Radio DJ)

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 09:21 AM
And that's where all the Texas people are... hiding indoors to avoid the bugs.

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 09:12 AM

Xanadu - RUSH

Xanadu - Olivia Newton-John & Electric Light Orchestra

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 08:24 AM

I have listened to KEOM Mesquite, for many years. Apparently, you did a great job there. Just move on, keep your head up and good things can happen. Good luck!:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Actually one good thing did happen with the Internet station I run at Live365. It became the #1 station in the 80s genre last month!

no photo
Tue 06/10/14 05:25 PM
It was part of that post.

no photo
Tue 06/10/14 04:31 PM
Thank you! :smile:

I've posted in a few threads, including one about how I lost my dream job. Maybe that was too much info? :wink:

no photo
Tue 06/10/14 02:40 PM
More rain!

no photo
Tue 06/10/14 09:28 AM
I might as well share my story.

Ever since I was a kid, I knew I wanted to work in radio. But I have disabilities and I can't drive. The Mesquite Schools in Mesquite, TX started their own radio station when I was in middle school in 1984. When I was a sophomore in 1986, I started spending time at the station as a student DJ. I spent three years as a student DJ with them until graduating high school in 1989.

In 1990, they hired me as a part-timer, and thus my childhood dream became a reality. I spent 10 years with the station as a part-timer, and they finally promoted me to full-time in 2000. In 2003 they promoted me again to Music Director and I was set! I was working my dream job and loving every minute of it! This is exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my career!

Funny how fast love turns to hate! in 2008, my long-time boss retired. Upper management pulled a fast one on me by redefining my entire job duties. I was not expecting this! They basically wanted to pull me off of everything I enjoyed doing, and stick me behind a desk all day to maintain the station's public inspection file. I hated every bit of what they did to me and I could not believe it was happening.

I did not handle this unexpected change well at all, and it affected my behavior to the point that I ultimately lost the job in October of 2008. It's been almost 6 years since and my heart is still broken. All the other radio stations in this area are too far away from me to even consider even trying to become a volunteer.

Sadly, I will spend the rest of my life on SSDI. Now those of you who browse my profile will note that it says I am a small business owner. What I am actually doing is running my own Internet radio station with Live365. It makes very little money, but at least it keeps me happy!

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 03:32 PM

Got lots of rain this morning well needed for sure...bigsmile

Indeed we did!

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 02:39 PM
I see. Thanks! :smile:

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 02:34 PM
I'm new here and I have a question about these forums. I notice a lot of threads have a part # in the thread title. I'm curious, what's that all about?

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 01:21 PM
I have a face for radio, can'tcha tell? :wink:

no photo
Sun 06/08/14 08:44 PM

Remember the sales tatic, for every seven no's you'll get a yes. Remember the no's are just a step closer to yes.

Where's the "like" button? That's sage advice.

no photo
Sun 06/08/14 07:52 PM

Really I'm serious
Am I ugly ? Or not something I'm not very lucky with guys they only want to have sex it's like no one can love me ?

As others have already said, no, you are not ugly. Be confident about yourself, and you'll find the right person.

no photo
Sun 06/08/14 03:43 PM

Well, that was nerve-wracking having my text message read out on the radio. I can stop sweating now. laugh

I called a radio DJ when I was a teenager, and he put my call on the air! I wasn't expecting that one!

no photo
Sun 06/08/14 02:40 PM
Been down that road MANY times in my life. You just have to keep trying!