Community > Posts By > danlouisiana

danlouisiana's photo
Fri 01/09/09 02:49 AM
Just checkin' in on the wee one and mom. Everything going okay?

By the way, let her chew on your finger if she's teething. You'll be amazed at how strong those little ones are!

danlouisiana's photo
Fri 01/09/09 02:47 AM
Not drunk. Not one of my vices. Maybe I need to upgrade my vices. lol

danlouisiana's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:34 PM
Who touched the hem of my garment? shocked

danlouisiana's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:22 PM
Now "Promiscuous Girl" will be playing in my head all night. Thanks, all. lol

danlouisiana's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:20 PM
I think some of this goes back to the hypocritical attitude that we males have--especially in our earlier stupid days. We all want to date the slut but marry the virgin. Problem is, we turn the virgins to sluts before we have time to marry 'em! A real shame, I think, that so many equate sex with love.

danlouisiana's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:12 PM
lol There ya go. A moment of self-realization. To be sure, there's more that we DON'T know out here than what we do. I think it is just impossible to have an real idea of what a person is really like through a picture and a few lines of type. My looks and my swagger...something just isn't right. Damn. lol

danlouisiana's photo
Wed 01/07/09 07:57 PM
NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, but advice for a dad who has been through teething 4 times. The temp that she's running at 100.2 is not high at all. Kids that age routinely run 101-102 when they are teething. It goes up quickly and comes down just as quickly. If she seems to feel okay and has no other symptoms of distress, relax in the knowledge that it will get worse! <Grin> Just keep a check on it every few hours. Welcome to the joys of teething!

danlouisiana's photo
Tue 01/06/09 01:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The grainy pic is partially the result of this being a spur-of-the-moment joining decision. Just snapped something with the webcam, as you indicated.

I have a Masters degree and was working on a PhD in Education from University of New Orleans, but didn't see need to have all that in the profile. Doubted that people just looking for friends/whatever would be overly interested immediately. Seemed to me like more of a "getting to know you" kind of thing.

Good point about the "rescuer" comment. Was trying to be upfront about a big part of my personality, but can certainly see how it would invite trouble in the form of scammers. Don't know whether to remove it, revise it, or just try to be careful. I take it (from the comment about being "a little afraid") that due caution is a GOOD thing on here!

Again, thanks for the comments.

danlouisiana's photo
Tue 01/06/09 02:51 AM
I'm BRAND new to this. Just wondering if my profile told too much, too little, or was generally on the mark. I figured it was just to give a little "flavor" of what I was like and looking for and not for details...What say ye?

danlouisiana's photo
Tue 12/30/08 11:11 PM
Sleeping is vastly overrated. I've worked nights on and off for a couple of years and know for a fact that the crazies come out at night--and that's where I wanna be!