Community > Posts By > MikeCarbellano

MikeCarbellano's photo
Sun 01/24/10 11:13 AM

Right now I want someone who will cook for me. I'm starving. And lazy apparently.:wink:

I'm half Italian. I love to cook. What would you like to order?

MikeCarbellano's photo
Sun 01/24/10 10:29 AM
Edited by MikeCarbellano on Sun 01/24/10 10:32 AM
Booty call, of course not, lol. I do want to have a long-term relationship, though its tough to see how people are out there. I've had 2 dates last year, but yeah.

Thanks everyone!

MikeCarbellano's photo
Sun 01/24/10 10:18 AM

You say you don't know how to answer that question, then you went on to answer that question in the same post. What part are you confused about?

Is there more meaning to that question? I'm saying that the answer will always be the same if you were to ask this to anyone. Its like asking someone if they wanted a million dollars, they would take it of course, so there is no point in asking you know? I've had a few people ask me what I want in a relationship and it seems like I should give it more detail.

Don't mind me, lol. I didn't sleep last night and I'm at work. All nighters make me tired a bit.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Sun 01/24/10 09:53 AM
As childish as this may seems, I have no idea how to answer this question for myself. I also don't get what it means. Before you assume I'm a depressed emo guy with long hair covering my face, hear me out.

When someone says, "What do you want out of a relationship?"

I answer, "An attractive, easy-going, smart, honest, fun, girl who has goals in life and a great personality...etc."

Doesn't everyone answer that? Of course they do, so why do people ask themselves (or others) this question? Nobody wants a relationship full of the opposite of course...

MikeCarbellano's photo
Fri 01/22/10 05:29 PM

Who cares what they say

Why are you fussin about it

Do your own thing

Dont ya think its just a little weird people come on these sites posting their life problems for all to see and asking for advice in public forums

If ya notice--------the people who do not do that are the ones who have it pretty much together They dont ask-------they dont tell

Get on with it

People say what they say for all kinds of reasons and usually 10 people will say the same thing yet each one means somthing totaly diff

So dont worry bout it!!:heart:

I'm asking here because I can have many inputs from people that know about dating. Kinda like I ask a Nissan forum about a technical question about my car. ;)

The people that have said, "They will come to you..." have been in relationships, but when I hear that from many, it sounds like "old saying." I'm good, just wondering why people say that, rofl @ them!

MikeCarbellano's photo
Fri 01/22/10 05:00 PM
I have heard this many times from people. To be honest, I'm sick of hearing it. For now, I'm just chillin and not currently looking because I'm just having fun, living my own life. ;) Anyway, why do these people say, "They will come to you." Someone also said, "Don't try too hard." You know, I'm really not. I had 2 dates last year, and not hitting on everything that walks. Haha. I'm cofident, and what not, so I know I'm not lacking that. After what these people are saying, I have no clue why I'm even on this dating site if that's what people say. I have no idea why they say that. Guys contact girls on this dating site, not the other way around...so I just can't sit here.

This is not a pity thread, just wanting to know what this means and why people say it. Don't worry I feel great about myself and I'm currently happy as is! ;)

Anyway, do they mean by don't go looking for it, such as you will stumble upon it?

MikeCarbellano's photo
Sun 12/13/09 04:26 PM
Edited by MikeCarbellano on Sun 12/13/09 04:30 PM
So, I've messaged roughly 30 girls on two dating sites. (This being one of them.) I did have one of them who I thought would be the last one to message me, actually replied to my message! She is on here, and she loves to dance!

I think I scare people from writing too much. Like, I will relate to their profile, but ends up being a paragraph. So as a forewarning to you guys out there, keep it simple! Lol

Anyway, after the 2nd reply, I'm sure my long reply threw her off. Let's just say I'm right, do you think they could ever change their mind about me?

Also this is generally speaking. I'm not hung up on this matter, lol.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Sun 12/13/09 04:19 PM
I can think of one. She loved to dance too. I kinda blew it though! :p

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 05:20 PM
My left hand seems to do the precise things, while my right does the stronger stuff...lol

Never realized this until I wrote this ;)

And thanks =)

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 05:12 PM
Edited by MikeCarbellano on Tue 12/08/09 05:17 PM
We have people that are left-handed, and right-handed. Well what I'm about to say is really what I do, and I don't know what my situation could be named. Ambidextrious is the ability to use left or right on one thing.

I write with my left.
I eat with my left.
I played guitar with my right.
I use my iPod with my right.
My right arm is stronger.
When playing baseball, I bat right, and throw with right.
I use the mouse at a computer with my right.
I put my sunglasses on with one hand: my left.
I never used the right "shift" key on the keyboard.
When typing using one hand like a calculator or phone, I use my left.

If I use the opposite hand on anything mentioned above, its nearly impossible.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:54 PM
Ok, last thread for tonight, I'm sorry I'm clouding the forum! Lol.

I will try to make a long story short. I lived in a place called Palmdale. I lived in Palmdale for 8 years. I work in Santa Clarita. Its a 1 hour drive from Palmdale to Santa Clarita. Killer commute isn't it? Lol. I moved to Canyon Country, a place in Santa Clarita region, about 15 minutes away from work. I moved to Canyon Country November 7, 2009. (Yes I'm a newbie!)

Here I am, saving money, living a heck of a lot closer to work and living in a nicer area. I have some friends in Palmdale, but not in Canyon Country. There are grocery stores, a mall, a theatre, bars, etc. There are no night clubs. The closest night club in in Hollywood. I discovered this when I was Googleing any kind of dance floor in Santa Clarita. I love to dance, its my favorite thing to do, so yeah. ;)

I can drive to Palmdale to hang with my friends, but its harsh on my car. (1999 Nissan Altima, 352,000 miles on it, all-original engine) I have gas money, its just a matter of if my car wants to keep going. It runs like a champ. If it breaks, I'm pretty much screwed. ;)

What's a good place to meet new people? I mean, not just for dating, but people in general. I also typed this story to prove that I have more valid points than excuses.

Thanks!

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:36 PM
Regarding intelligence:

I'll be conceided for 5 mins. I'm really smart, and I've been told the same by my friends. People would be surprised. I'm not going into much detail, because I could write a novel about it.

Regarding looks:

The looks thing. Every relationship must have 2 people that are attracted to one another physically at some degree. It does matter, then again, so does personality.

Regarding humor:

I've made many people laugh with jokes that you wouldn't normally hear. I can do the "italian gangster accent" too...people usually laugh at that. =)

Regarding dating in real-life

I'm going to post a topic about that. ;)

I'll keep going and won't give up. There's always someone out there.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:25 PM
Plastic pancakes is a lie! And all this time I had a giant pink plastic pancake shrine I worshipped in my closet.

If "plastic pancakes" is a metaphor for a real friend, then its hard to tell. =/

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:20 PM

Psssssst...this is mingle...not POF.oops :laughing:

You do see the same people in both places though. LOL

OP, If the person isn't attracted to you, it doesn't matter what you write.

Hence why I initially stated "people have standards, and I don't blame them for that..." lol. I think I am an ok looking guy. But man, like roughly 40 girls that deny me because of my looks is hard to believe. Yet, it could be true. :(

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 04:00 PM

So for you ladies out there, what would an ideal message be from someone on PoF?

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't WANT any messages from PoF! Now, from THIS site, that's a different story!

shades

My bad. I fixed it. =)

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 03:49 PM
Edited by MikeCarbellano on Tue 12/08/09 04:01 PM
This regards to literally messages. The ones that start the first meet-up, or date.

I have messaged many girls. Not much luck, lol. I will get there someday, it just takes time. I understand people have standards, and I don't blame them for that. :) The point of this is to see what kind of things you would like to see in a message you receive.

For example, when I message girls, I do take the time to read their profile. I tell them my name, what I work for and tell them I attend college. I don't say obnoxious things that are shallow or vulgar. I may crack a small joke or two. When I message someone, I relate to something that they have in their profile, such as a hobby, relationship views or the way they view life. Of course, if its someone who has totally different interest or views, I don't message them. The message topic isn't just "Hi" or "Hey there.."

So for you ladies out there, what would an ideal message be from someone on Mingle2?

Hmm. I think the way I message people is fine along with my profile...though, I could be wrong. Any advice? =)

EDIT: Sorry. I did post it here as well as another site. That thread was quickly deleted, though.

Also, I could try a test message on someone, if they are willing to help me out. :)

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 01:37 PM
People work in mysterious ways. A broad question like that is impossible to answer. If you asked that individual, it would be tough to get the true answer from them. They could even lie about the lie...I do wonder that too though, OP.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:42 AM
Edited by MikeCarbellano on Tue 12/08/09 10:45 AM

humm. i have to say something..
why cant you talk to the person instead of texting.
i think i would rather hear the person voice then get some stupid text message, that doesnt really mean anything..

I would of called her. I would rather leave a text than calling someone at work. I can say anything in a text and in real life too. She was driving to work. She has a 1 1/2 hour commute. She said last night she had to work today anyway. =) Otherwise, yes, I would of called her. Id rather talk on the phone than text...it has more emotion and meaning.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:40 AM

Yep she was honest so a plus to her. However, what do you think happened? Cuz if you had a great time, and she obviously didn't and you didn't pick up on that, what went wrong?

No, I think that she was thinking as she drove home. She said her car was old, a 2005 Lexus GS, lol. I told her mine is a 1999 Nissan Altima with 351,000 miles on it. I did have fun, but went home, and didn't really see myself with her. Seems like I am happy with the simple things in life, lol. I did enjoy the conversation, it did seem like when I thought about it at home, she was high maintanence. Oh well. =) We did discuss relationship stuff, but it isn't really relevant.

MikeCarbellano's photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:09 AM
Two dates. The first one was coffee, last night was dinner at a returaunt of her choice. Seemed like we connected on many levels. I texted her and said, "I had a great time! :)..etc." She texted me back, "I did not. Please don't message me again." I replied, "Alright, no problem. Hope you find that special someone." Well, just gotta keep going. It bothered me for 10 seconds, but not any longer. That's life, I just brush it off my shoulder, lol.

For all you other people who take rejection so personally, don't! :)

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13