Community > Posts By > JustMarty

JustMarty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 05:27 PM
Any of them without Sammy Hagar

JustMarty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 05:43 AM
Favorite band is probably The Flaming Lips. Maybe Stereolab.

I dig a lot of metal and hip hop..
Fu Manchu
Dozer
The Sword
Anything Alex Newport has anything to do with.

Hip hop...
Modill
Anything pete rock
Tanya Morgan
Panacea

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 01:12 PM
i play records... into a sampler.

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 01:02 PM
oh man, i'm sooooo buying that "abide" shirt! lol.

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:58 AM
feeling yourself disintegrate-the flaming lips
or
9th wonder-digable planets
or
western eyes-portishead

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:54 AM

dots and loops is what caught me up in the stereolab thing,...you know?

sound tribe is really ambient,...but i kinds see a stereolab influence,...sans words and all,...maybe thats just me

and yea,....its one of my all time favorite movies,....i can make almost anything relate to hifi or the big lebowski....but i have this weird ability to retain random information,....

hifi isn't my favorite movie (the big lebowski is though, seriously). but hifi is easily the most profound relationship movie i've ever seen. i think everyone should have to watch that before issued a marriage license

i agree,...the book was really great too,...nick hornsby, the guy who wrote it, is a genius,....its set in london though,...most people dont know that

lebowski,...i think i catch something new everytime i watch it,...and i watch it about once a month,....

you want a toe? i can get you a toe

have you ever been to lebowski fest?

i can't say i've been to a lebowski fest. sounds fun though. my friends and i just get together every so often and watch it. i swear, steve buschemi acted his ass off in that movie!!! people have no clue!!

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:46 AM

dots and loops is what caught me up in the stereolab thing,...you know?

sound tribe is really ambient,...but i kinds see a stereolab influence,...sans words and all,...maybe thats just me

and yea,....its one of my all time favorite movies,....i can make almost anything relate to hifi or the big lebowski....but i have this weird ability to retain random information,....

hifi isn't my favorite movie (the big lebowski is though, seriously). but hifi is easily the most profound relationship movie i've ever seen. i think everyone should have to watch that before issued a marriage license

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:39 AM

When lil wayne tries to play the electric guitar at his concerts omg its the worst i heard i think a retarded 3 year old can play better. Check youtube

i don't doubt that, nor do i want to view it laugh

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:24 AM
the beastie boys- 3 minute rule.

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:16 AM
anything having to do with anyone with a "lil" in the their name.

and any song composed entirely of 808 drum machine sounds.

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 11:13 AM
ok, ok, i remember now. wow, you do like that movie lol.

i'm way partial to dots and loops also. that album is up there with miles davis kind of blue and stevie's music of my mind. its kind of untouchable. sound dust just caught me up side the head.

but, i'll check out that soundtribe sector nine for sure. i've also been digging black moth super rainbow a lot lately, heard them?

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:56 AM
Edited by JustMarty on Wed 01/07/09 10:58 AM
i just realized this week how AMAZING sound dust is. i always over looked that one, and this weekend (while i was being stood up for the 2nd time in a week) i threw that in and was blown away.

ever hear it?

(and hi fidelity is a great movie. i don't remember a stereolab reference in there though. i thought they were talking about the beta band 3 eps?)

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:52 AM

1. The Rain Song -Led Zep

thats an amazing song. a lot of people don't realize.

payback-james brown
ronnie laws-land of passion
no quarter- zeppelin (rain song is close second)

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:39 AM
i didn't realize this was the shameless self promotion thread! i'm in....

myspace.com/kingelam

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:37 AM
mine was diamonds are forever till kanye's dumb ass... frustrated

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:36 AM
the flaming lips-at war with the mystics

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:30 AM
yeah, i'm in plum, but oddly... i don't watch football. laugh

JustMarty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:12 AM
no i'm serious as a heart attack. i love those cats. i have no one to share the goodness with though tears

JustMarty's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:31 AM
That's pretty much it. As a rule I NEVER meet woman with similar taste in music. So I'm really into stereolab right now, and want to discuss.

::waits patiently::