Community > Posts By > LonelyInStLouis

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Mon 06/30/14 07:19 AM

Just pull out your wallet. You'll quickly be transformed from 'friend' to 'lover.' Oh and flex a time or two..that usually turns us on.

Good to know ;)

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Sat 06/28/14 10:36 PM

lose contact with them and see how long it takes them to notice you haven't contacted them

Interesting approach ;)

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Sat 06/28/14 10:28 PM

ask them for their phone number and then on a date .... etcslaphead

Lol...that's where the "respect" comes in...makes me a bit more timid that one would expect...

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Sat 06/28/14 09:51 PM
Just wondering, I've been stuck in "the zone" most of my life. I find it often easier to talk to the opposite sex, make them laugh. I'm not so good at "figuring out" the signals - that might be part of it, and I'm sure my level of respect may keep me from being more bold but I often hear of women being bolder or being more intune to a guy not "picking up the signals of interest" so not sure where to go from here...

I'm certainly NOT interested in becoming a "player"...

Ideas? Suggestions?

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Thu 06/26/14 06:05 AM

Very sweet Lonely...flowerforyou

I appreciate that, thanks. glasses

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 10:07 PM

Beautiful one:thumbsup:

Thanks.

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 09:42 PM
Newcomer here...not sure how much faith I put in any of these online dating things but I don't know anyone, particularly my age, in the St Louis area, and I don't to bars/clubs so...options are limited.

We shall see... :D

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 09:23 PM
And if anyone is interested...I just tossed a poem in the appropriate section.

bigsmile

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 09:22 PM

also have to keep in mind, not sure how long this particular site allows an account to be not active, as in how long you have till you have to log in again before your account is deleted. A lot of people I would say make an account to possibly try it out or do try it out and get uninterested in the site or online dating in general, etc and stop coming back.

Again tho, I was referencing other sites that it happens on as well...this is the only one I've been on with a forum so on OTHER sites your stuck relying on whatever form of messaging they have. so those are the ones I'm truly referring to...

However, your point is still noted. normally tho, I tend to message the ones either online or have been online within two weeks so I know they should be fairly active.

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 09:09 PM
Edited by LonelyInStLouis on Wed 06/25/14 09:10 PM
Now if they could just find a way to help us find our mind when we've lost it :tongue:

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 09:05 PM
Love is not a weapon, nor it is a stick
Not for beating on those who may be thick
Love is not impatient, neither is it quick
Patience is the only thing that really does the trick

Love is not unkind, tho' it may per times seem so
For 'oft it is a toughness that is the need or case
Whether it finds us standing still, or finds us in a chase
For to think any other wise would truly bring you woe

Love is not the cure for every ail there is
Though it does for many ills, not all can it embrace
It cannot cure the loss of life, of husband or wife
Only to span the gap until we find that grace

So love whilst life there is, before it is too late
For love that is not given or shared or spread afar
Can so 'oft turn into hate.

(an original - written just now)

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 08:51 PM
I really appreciate the comments, truly, however, those other sites I mentioned didn't have a forum so...but hey, THIS one does bigsmile glasses :banana:

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 08:49 PM
Edited by LonelyInStLouis on Wed 06/25/14 08:51 PM
Thanks for the hug Leigh2154!

It IS a great start bigsmile

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 08:11 PM
I've used essentially the same profile on other sites and have gotten nowhere , is there something wrong with it? Or am I just too hideous and need to crawl back into my hole? :tongue:

All constructive criticism is welcome.

LonelyInStLouis's photo
Wed 06/25/14 08:10 PM
I have been on other sites like this before and when I finally drum up the courage to message someone or several someones I never get a response...not even to say "not interested" are there any ladies out there willing to help me comprehend this?

It's a real blow to the self esteem :/ (Not looking for pity, just seeing if it's something I'M doing wrong...)