Community > Posts By > limelight66

limelight66's photo
Mon 06/29/15 03:40 PM
Restaurants are hit the hardest when MW is raised. Here is the problem when the government "sets" wages employers must pay:

George and Sally own a restaurant/bar. They have a total of 15 employees making minimum wage (plus tip$ of course) averaging 35 hours a week. They also have a day time and a night time manager who each earn a salary.

Let's say the minimum wage is increased just $2 an hour. Their business costs go up $1050 a week. Or $54,600 a year. Plus they will also have to give their two managers a raise. So their costs have now gone up about $60,000 a year and that's not even taking into consideration any over time. And with that increase in costs, employees won't get over time anyway.

George and Sally have mortgage payments to make on their business and their home. They can't absorb that kind of extra costs so they will raise prices.....a lot. Or lay off an employee and which employee will be the first to go? The one who's been working their the least amount of time and probably the one who needs the job the most.

What people don't understand (those who want the MW raised) is that this is robbing Peter to pay Paul. If George and Sally are forced to pay Paul a higher wage, it's going to come from Peter. The raising the MW destroys the small mom and pop businesses that America loves. A vote for highe minimum wage is a vote for more unemployment and higher costs of goods and services.

limelight66's photo
Sun 01/04/15 11:54 AM
Edited by limelight66 on Sun 01/04/15 11:56 AM
1993...The first World Trade Center bombing
1995...Attempted crashing of plane on White House
1995...Oklahoma City bombing
1996...Khobar Towers bombing – Saudi Arabia
1998...�U.S. Embassy bombings Kenya/Tanzania
2000...�USS Cole Bombing - Yemen

Funny that we don't hear the conspiracy theorists harping about these attacks that occurred while Bill Clinton was president.

Heck, I'll throw in the Branch Dividian in Waco, TX too!

limelight66's photo
Sun 01/04/15 11:25 AM
Don't answer the phone unless it's an emergency.

Give more than an hour notice in cancelling the date because you're too tired. (It was a long drive and I was half way there)

Don't bring a friend. You're a grown woman, not a teenager in HS.

Prior to the date, don't give a heads about saying you're on-call and might be called in. If you're on-call...don't go out on a date. (Doctors, police and fire fighters are of course excused). I sensed something and called the night prior to meeting her, leaving a message to see if we were still on. She didn't return the call and I didn't try calling again. She did however send a brief message....the day after we were to meet. I dodged one there.

If you have the slightest feeling that he/she is just a bit odd....go with your gut instinct! A lesson learned long ago.

limelight66's photo
Fri 12/25/09 04:17 PM
My first reaction is the same as the first one who responed.

So?

I'll bet the one who started this thread wasn't bothered one bit when Maxine Waters called Ronald Reagan a racist. Or when he and George W Bush were referred to as Hitler. Or when Clearance Thomas or Chistopher Darden have been called Uncle Toms.

The first black Secretary of State was Colin Powell. He was appointed by President George Bush.

The first black female Secretary of State was Condi Rice. She was appointed by President George Bush.

Michael Steele, head of the republican party..........is black.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Keith Olberman had called pres Bush a racist on his show. Too many people use that word too freely these days.

limelight66's photo
Sun 01/11/09 08:35 AM
Everyone has their own comfort zone but if I share a few great emails with someone I'll ask her for her number and call her. However sometimes her response is "I'm just not ready yet". In which case I move on. There are too many on these dating sites who are not seriously interested in meeting anyone for me to waste my time with.

Yet I never give my number or ask for hers right away. I'll put in a little effort first in finding out a little more about her.