Community > Posts By > LilOlMeFromSD

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sat 10/27/12 02:35 AM

The only injury he probably got was to his vagina.

LOL *ahem* Uh, sorry.

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Thu 10/25/12 03:31 PM
Tea, SD

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Thu 10/25/12 03:29 PM
Dreamed I was eating popcorn. Does that count?

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Thu 10/25/12 03:28 PM
Perhaps there is a gentleman in her life who wishes to implant a 'blood sucker' (ie extra responsibilities that might drain her of time/energy, or something else of this nature) in her thoughts.

It sounds as if this woman had a discussion/argument with a man recently and it bothered her enough that her subconscious was working on solving the issue while she slept. Whatever the argument was about, he had failed in his attempt to convince her that she should allow him to use her (or her resources) for whatever reason.

The color of the tick in the dream was red but you didn't say what type of red. Is it a deep, dark red (associated with passion)? A bright red (associated with anger/rage)? Both will mean very different things in our subconscious.

Good luck in deciphering though!

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Wed 10/24/12 01:57 PM
Baked chicken breast, green beans, baked potatoe w/cheese, bacon bits, scallions, butter and sourcream. Yum!

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Mon 10/01/12 11:36 AM
It sounds to me like you are associated with someone of the female gender who is 'out of control' and won't stop. So, you are trying to take control of the situation (her car) by telling her what/how to handle things. This won't necessarily stop her from what she's doing but it will 'slow her down'.

Since there's a familiar feeling to the childhood neighborhood, I would imagine the woman or the situation reminds you of that time in your life (ie You've "been down this road before" or, you've "been down this road with her before").

The 'brake' could be symbolic of breaking a relationship/friendship off with a woman who represents the dream gal. You keep trying to break contact (brake contact) but you don't have control.

As with all dreams, it's best for the dreamer to translate them. All I can do is offer insight into what I would see the meaning to be. And, on a sde note, since you didn't recogniz the woman as someone from your waking life...it's possible that the dream woman is an extension of the self. Not sure but wish you the best in deciphering it!

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sat 12/10/11 09:47 AM
Slow...

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sat 12/10/11 05:36 AM
I've gone as far as calling the utility companies and paid other peoples bills. Interestingly enough, when I've done this I've asked the company to help out as well and they will often times pitch in.

Or, purchase groceries and bring to the homeless. Make sure they are items they can use. (ie If you buy canned goods, make sure you include a can opener).

You could set up an acct. at a local Goodwill (or a store such as this) with a few hundred dollars (more or less) and instructions to "pay for all items until the money runs out."

You could call your local churches/missions and see what they are in need of (ie blankets, toiletries, etc.). Check with the local food pantry as well. They usually need volunteers to help with the distribution too.

There's a few ideas for you. Good luck and bless you!

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Tue 11/23/10 12:01 AM

rather. when we stopped in detroit, some guy i didnt know asked me if i would go to new orleans with him.

Wow, I'm having flashbacks to my Greyhound trip twenty years ago. In Detroit for an eight hour layover while the building was locked down. A gentleman approached me and said, "You're from South Dakota, right?"

I nodded in his direction and he said, "Well, I'm a cab driver and I'm supposed to take you there." I just kind of stuttered a bit and said, "Um, won't that be kind of expensive?" I scanned the room looking for a security officer and he started laughing telling me he was just messing with me.

Another gentleman approached me asking for money because he 'just got out of jail and had to make it home to his baby'. As he stood in front of me, he kept fidgeting with a stained, torn up piece of paper that had been taped back together. When he handed it to me to prove his point (that he had just been released from jail)... I noticed the 'release date' on the paper was from three months earlier.

And, finally, just before the buses arrived in the a.m., yet another gentleman approached me to sell the jewelry he had pinned to the inside of his trench coat. When I declined, he stepped back, gave me the once over and said, "Well, ya' know salt n' peppa' make beautiful music togetha'. I gotta' room jes' up the street..."

Detroit was, um...interesting, to say the least. However, Greyhound was very accommodating to the passengers.

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sun 11/21/10 04:27 PM

Need self theropy for my computer it keeps crashing.LOLsad

I took a hammer to a cellphone once while on the land-line with the cell companies tech. support people. It was very ... um ... therapeutic.

You can try taking a hammer to the computer but I hear that 'Wall Therapy' works much better. You may want to try that. Good luck!

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sun 11/21/10 01:23 AM

Who else is still online??

I am but I have no real purpose here.

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Wed 11/17/10 11:12 PM
I stopped at the floral shop, asked if they had any roses they were ready to toss out and purchased them at a discounted price. Then I picked up everything I would need to make one fruit tray and one tray with cheese/crackers. Then I took it all home.

I had purchased two soft, fluffy robes earlier in the week and I left his wrapped up on a table near the front door with a note telling him to follow the rose petal trail.

Then I removed the petals from the roses and scattered them from the front door to the bathroom where I filled the tub with hot water, lit the candles, and scattered some of the petals into the water.

He joined me in the bath when he arrived and afterward we spent several hours on the living room floor (which I had covered with pillows/blankets) for our 'midnight picnic'.

Surprisingly enough, it really didn't take very long to throw this all together and he was very appreciative. So, the gratitude made it all worthwhile.

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sun 11/14/10 08:34 PM

So I have a 2 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. Unfortunately they decided to do the terrible 2 thing TOGETHER. In the last 48 ours they have started a fire in the microwave, Destroyed many things in our home, and then this morning they laughed while they were ripping all the keys off my laptop.(took 2 hrs to get it put together) I am a single mother, their dad barely sees them and I need advice on how to get them to behave somewhat. I know kids will be kids, I just dodnt know why they are so destructive. Any tips or advise?

Typically, children want to please their role models. So, if you explain that things like microwaves will give them 'owies' or something (talk to them on their level of understanding) along those lines... they will stay away from it.

The first few times you try this, do not get frustrated because they ran back and tried to operate the microwave again. Simply pick the child up and explain to them what you are doing. "Suzie, do you know what you did that could have hurt you?" Wait for her response and then explain. "You have to stand in the corner now for 2 minutes (one minute for each year of their life) because Mommy already said this was a no-no. You can get owies from the microwave." Then you stand directly behind the child for the full two minutes.

She might throw a temper tantrum the first few times but once she gets used to the routine, parenting is SO much easier than it was before. Oh, and always make sure to explain to the child that you don't do things that would make them suffer, you only do things to keep them safe.

My daughter, at the age of three, took a screwdriver to my dining room set while I was at work and my husband was 'sleeping'. By the time I returned home, she had dismantled every single chair. (lol) Another time, she destroyed $150.00 of new make-up and still another time, she took a permanent marker to every white wall in my apartment. Yeah, it probably would have been cheaper to hire a babysitter instead of leaving the husband to watch her (lol).

Little tykes are curious and they want to know how things work. They want to touch everything to experience it for the first time with that sense of utter amazement. So, be careful that you don't destroy their curiosity.

You may also want to try something like 'Story Time'. It worked great for the kids at my daycare. Oh, and a swing set or short walks to the park worked wonders to tire the wee folks (lol). They are so full of energy!

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Sun 11/14/10 03:17 PM

Well seems I've been at least 100% right on most of the people on here if ya ain't drop dead gorgeous or got Donald trumps bank account.No body even wants to talk to ya guess I'll be freeing up some space on here for a new user soon.

Hmmm... Don't make me come down there. (wags finger at JPowell)

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Fri 11/12/10 10:36 AM

....a girlfriend who won't try to "fix" me....

You haven't been 'fixed' yet?

Not the way THEY want to do it....!

Ahhhhhh.
No anaesthetic huh?

rofl

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Fri 11/12/10 10:32 AM
Dear Santa,

Could you bring me another lump of coal? Oh, and this year I would like a furnace to put it in. I've got an entire garage full now and nowhere to burn it.

Oh, and could you bring everyone on your list what they are asking for (as long as it's in their best interest)?

Thanks,
Me

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Wed 11/10/10 08:53 PM

I watched an interesting show on The Learning Channel called Unfaithful...which deals with marital infidelity. It said that more than 50% of marriages end in divorce, and that adultery is involved in 65% of those divorces. It also stated that there is infidelity in 8 out of 10 marriages and that 68% of women surveyed say that they would cheat on their husbands if they knew that they wouldn't get caught.
Any thoughts on this?

Well, I was married and I didn't cheat. However, he did. And yes, it resulted in divorce.

Why is it that you put '68% of women surveyed' segment in this post? Do you have the percentage of men who would cheat on their wives if they knew that they wouldn't get caught?

The Learning Channel is biased. They are women haters! :tongue: laugh

I've heard that 74% of the human race believes The Learning Channel is biased. Shoot, they didn't include me in their poll so I know they are biased. (sniffle) I feel...so rejected.

I honestly think most questions that start with 'If you could get away with it...' and end with, '...would you?' Would be answered with a resounding, "YES!" (lol)

Marriage is essentially a contract between two consenting adults. One party agrees to do blah, blah, blah and the other party agrees to do yadda, yadda, yadda. Should additional people be brought into the contractual agreement with the original two parties the contract is no longer valid and will have to be 1) renegotiated or, 2) null and void.

I wish more people understood the contract they were signing before they put pen to paper. Perhaps we would have fewer divorces....or, fewer marriages then. (shrugging shoulders)

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Wed 11/10/10 08:32 PM

I watched an interesting show on The Learning Channel called Unfaithful...which deals with marital infidelity. It said that more than 50% of marriages end in divorce, and that adultery is involved in 65% of those divorces. It also stated that there is infidelity in 8 out of 10 marriages and that 68% of women surveyed say that they would cheat on their husbands if they knew that they wouldn't get caught.
Any thoughts on this?

Well, I was married and I didn't cheat. However, he did. And yes, it resulted in divorce.

Why is it that you put '68% of women surveyed' segment in this post? Do you have the percentage of men who would cheat on their wives if they knew that they wouldn't get caught?

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Tue 11/09/10 05:23 AM
Are 'brownie points' the same as 'redneck points'?

LilOlMeFromSD's photo
Tue 11/09/10 05:14 AM
"Hi," from South Dakota.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25