Community > Posts By > blue_blade

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:49 PM
What I meant was that it opens the film up to a broader audience. A lot of japanese/french/spanish/whatever films are totally unheard of in the mainstream US or UK until remakes are announced by Hollywood.

Obviously people interested in the specific genres will search out foreign films before they're even heard of outside their country of origin, but a great deal more people will get the chance to see it with an A-list star in. That is not to say that the remake is necessarily better in any way.

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:22 PM
14, pretty decent - had an exam that went better than expected.

scores so far have been prety low... people need to be more optimistic biggrin

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:17 PM
Was he nervous of being filmed or just scared of the giant Tigger and Elmo? I know i would be...

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:12 PM

the old lady may be Daniel's mom (the guy that knows about time travel). She was shown talking to Charlie and Desmond, a while ago. Now how she plays in the show, will be interesting to see.

Someone else mentioned that to me as well, and although i didn't see it myself, it coud well be a possibility. The only flaw is that we've just seen her with Ben in America (LA?) whereas Desmond's going to Oxford to look for her. Of course Ben's schene could be set at any time.

Great pics btw Holly

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 02:41 PM
i'd forgotten about the 70 hour thing, that seems to be something only the old woman knows about

as far as getting back to the island, i'd say that what they were working out with al the chalkboards and pendulums etc right at the end

it definitely seems they're asking more questions than they're answering so far this season

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 02:26 PM

Jin isn't dead, just in a different place and time.

You're right... I spose now the islanders are time travelling all over the place anything's possible

Which makes me think - if the Oceanic 6 are 3 years in the future, that makes no difference at all if the island's moving through time...they could get back before they left

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:32 PM
The other day I found a guy who's made a fair few videos on the subject or religion and belifs and found them really interesting, especially this one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBDGMj2h-c

it deals with problems in the story of Adam and Eve.

I'm not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, just wanting to know people's thoughts on it

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:13 PM
Always makes me wonder why places decide to name themselves after other towns... not that Gramsby's not worth naming after tongue2

I'm originally from Hertfordshire, currently Leicestershire

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:06 PM
to be fair, anyone ending a topic with 'hit me up yo' should expect shirtless guys...no offence to anyone meant biggrin

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:03 PM
For searching, it's Google every time

For ads, Google makes more sense as more people use it

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:58 PM
i'm disappointed kate beckinsale didn't agree to the new film, but i'm sure it will still be good

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:55 PM
Dawn of the Dead remake was worthwhile because they left it long enough after the original that a lot of people hadn't seen it before, plus obviously the special effects were a lot better.

Remaking foreign films is a still a good idea as it lets new viewers see them... in other cases a lot of the time a remake is made for the sake of it

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:52 PM
I could be wrong, but i think Jin's actor is still in the opening credits? means we're likely to get a few more appearances

anyone think the story's got a bit too far fetched now?

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:50 PM
Prison Break, 24, Heroes, House, Lost, Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock and many more...

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:48 PM
not head that song in a while... quality stuff

"who is number one? YOU are number six"

blue_blade's photo
Wed 01/28/09 12:45 PM
Single frustrated

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 11:05 AM

If Belgium were a US state, it would be the 6th poorest in the union, ahead only of Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Montana, West Virginia and Mississipi.

France would be the 5th poorest state, as would the UK, Italy, and Germany.

In other words, the GDP per person of Alabama outranks each of those 4 EU economies.

The output (GDP) isn't the only thing you need to look at to compare countries or states. The income of the average American is far less than the income of someone in the UK, however, prices in the UK are much higher.

Similarly, most of Europe gets taxed a huge amount on income, however the NHS means we get no hospital bills. It really isn't that simple to compare economies.

Even the poorest people in the US or Europe are nothing compared to the poverty of most of Africa, although that's a different issue.

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:56 AM
Another one is Forrest Gump. Not a huge amount of action, comedy or romance but really well made.

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:51 AM

no he didnt..did he really?

No, he didn't. It's a joke tongue2

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:50 AM
Reminds me of another joke...

A policeman noticed a guy walking down the street with a lion walking beside him.
The policeman says to him "what on earth are you doing with a lion? take it to the zoo immediately"
The next day the policeman sees the same guy, still with the lion.
The policeman says "I thought I told you to take it to the zoo!"
The guy replies "I did take him to the zoo yesterday. Today we're going to the cinema"

Previous 1