Community > Posts By > DayAndKnight

no photo
Sun 11/03/19 10:19 AM
You should never give up just because some don't appreciate what you want.

no photo
Thu 07/14/16 01:07 PM

From my several years of trying to find Mr. right, I have come to the conclusion that there are too many fish in the sea and too many window shoppers. No one wants to stop looking when they find someone they like. There is a lot of dishonesty. It is so time consuming trying to find that one needle in a haystack. I have also learned that when a guy says "I like you a lot and would like to see you again but lets take it slow and be friends first" That means he is not that into you and it is a safe way for him to keep looking while he has you on a string.
I now dread the 1st meeting/interview. But I do it hoping that one day all of this crap will pay off and I will finally have the love of my life.

I can certainly see where your impression comes from but although I am generally a pessimist, I do have this never-ending romantic notion that genuine love exists and when one meets a like-minded person, the search for others will stop. I suppose people are too weary and have become mistrusting and that's why they keep looking, not because all are disingenuous. In short, never give up, be positive and true to yourself. I will certainly do that because ultimately there is no other way. I rather be alone than in a false relationship.