Community > Posts By > maricella20

maricella20's photo
Fri 01/13/17 04:36 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you could give a testimonial for someone that you became friends with but can't find where to do that. Or is that only a feature you get if you're a paying member?

maricella20's photo
Mon 01/09/17 07:30 PM
I'd have to agree that a picture of you smiling or doing something you love is much more attractive than a somber pic. Plus you have nothing in your profile about you or your interests. Women like details. I personally do not respond to men that have blank profiles since I feel like they have put zero effort into the process. If they put in so little effort at the beginning, how much less can you expect afterwards? Just food for thought.

maricella20's photo
Mon 01/09/17 07:26 PM
I think a lot depends on your geographic area. I live in KC, which is notorious for being a challenging city to meet new people in. But I've met one person on here since joining. Nice guy. Best thing is to make sure your profile is filled out and that you make some sort of contact yourself instead of sitting back and hoping that they'll drop into your lap. Anything worth having is worth working for.

maricella20's photo
Sat 01/07/17 04:23 PM
Chris I have to second that sweetie, honey, baby greeting. I find it really disrespectful to be addressed that way myself. They don't even know me so throwing out terms of endearment in my opinion is just a way of trying to create intimacy that can't possibly be present. And when I specify that I only date locally or not looking for a FWB situation - I think those things should be respected and trying to convince women that they're not worth getting to know if they're not willing to 'hook up' is just a bunch of bullying from the man's side. The positive to that is - they show their true colors and you're not wasting your time with those losers.

maricella20's photo
Wed 01/04/17 04:59 PM
Good one Motowndowntown. I doubt seriously if that's the games that chap is interested in playing.

maricella20's photo
Wed 01/04/17 04:57 PM
I don't know what part of the country you're located but in the Midwest -Meetup.com is a GREAT way and the easiest for people to meet other people with similar tastes. There are social groups - dining groups - every imagineable kind of interest there is in our area. People get together for the opera or line dancing or dinner and conversation at a local pizza joint. They play bingo (yes that still happens here) - they go for hikes or go to the botanical gardens. They visit museums and attend cultural events together. Most of these groups are excellent for men because the male to female ratio is bout 1/5. The main thing is to make yourself get out and do things.

maricella20's photo
Wed 01/04/17 04:52 PM
Why would you? Maybe it depends on what you mean by 'doing his own thing'. Maybe, like myself he's independent, secure and non-jealous so doesn't feel the need to be attached to the hip. But on the other hand - if by 'doing his own thing' means he's out playing the field, then common sense would say Run for the Hills. Perhaps your question should be to yourself - "Why am I staying with someone who has so little regard for my feelings and emotional well being?

maricella20's photo
Thu 12/29/16 08:03 PM
It would help if you would list some interests, hobbies or activities that you regularly participate in. Also a smiling picture is always preferable to a woman vs a too serious looking one. Plus add a couple of more photos that include at least one full body shot and maybe doing something like playing a sport or shows a side of your personality.

Good luck.

maricella20's photo
Thu 12/29/16 07:26 PM
Same to you. Hope you find what you're seeking here.

maricella20's photo
Thu 12/29/16 05:55 PM
I agree with the other ladies. Love the clean cut look myself but it's good to mix it up a little. Pics of you enjoying your favorite hobbies are a great way to show who you are but are great conversation starters as well. Take a few minutes to fill out that profile because women LOVE to know things about the man - not just how he looks. Just be honest and yourself and you'll do just fine.

maricella20's photo
Thu 12/29/16 04:44 PM
I'm new to Mingle (even though I think I joined this site about a year ago - just didn't get the hang of it I guess). Hoping to meet someone very local that's seriously looking for a LTR. Any tips from the KC guys on alternate ways of meeting men outside of social media in our area?