Community > Posts By > IndianWoman

IndianWoman's photo
Fri 09/03/10 03:09 PM

And getting back to the language issue...aren't you just a wee bit tired of having to chose between your native tongue and something that is FORCED on you in YOUR country?

Hatred and discrimination, please.. sick and tired is more like it.

I find your comment incredibly ironic....spock

Ironic how? I thought I had been very clear on my views on this issue.

if i understand you, you are native american..your ancestors had their own language, until having a foreign language was forced on you by English -speaking foreigners...course I learned history from bleeding-hearted liberals, so maybe they got it wrong...ohwell
I want to see what she has to say about that! And if she already was forced to speak an other language why can she try to speak an other one?

Why should I? My damned country! Like I said...there's the boarder if you don't like it.

IndianWoman's photo
Fri 09/03/10 05:44 AM
Where you find articles to support your choices...I can do one better. I was born into a hard working family. Ranchers. You want poor, that's getting there.

I am pulling myself out of the poverty hole. Simply because, as I've said before, my daughter deserves the best. So tired and sore...I have to go to work again today...and guess what? I'm working straight through til the following weekend.

Why am I working like this? Because, I have got bills to pay and I will NOT ask the people of Oklahoma to pay for my way.

It is pride, and self respect. It is the pride of knowing that you are paddling your own canoe without anyone handing you one thin dime.

My daughter and I sat down last night after eating. She looked at me with those blue eyes and said that she looked up to me. That's something to be proud of.

My standards are pretty low..."pay me". And to be honest, Andy is very straight forward in the way he expresses himself...but he does have it right. Most of us are considered at or below the poverty line (and this means you too). But the biggest difference between the two of us and you? We can look ourselves in the mirror much easier. We know that our next meal..WE paid for. Our house/apartment..WE paid for.

And you said something that has kinda bothered me a bit. You said something to the effect that you paid this money in and you expect it back (not verbatim...but you get the idea). Imagine if that money was put to education, bettering the roads, public transportation, health care,...how far would the money that you claim every week go for those things? It would help the entire community not just you.

So it comes back to the question I asked you before...what are you going to do for handouts when the welfare runs out? What will happen to those standards then?

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:24 PM

And getting back to the language issue...aren't you just a wee bit tired of having to chose between your native tongue and something that is FORCED on you in YOUR country?

if i understand you, you are native american..your ancestors had their own language, until having a foreign language was forced on you by English -speaking foreigners...course I learned history from bleeding-hearted liberals, so maybe they got it wrong...ohwell

You got it right, so why should the rest of America have to be put through the same heartache by illegals?

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:23 PM

Name one country that doesn't regulate foreign migration, please.
None, but I can mention one where they are racist at doing it
I'm apache

Any country that enforces Immigration Law and deports Illegals, the Illegal is gonna' whine racsism, bigotry and hate.

Go try to snaek into China or Iran. Then whine and see where it gets ya'.

BTW; Profile.
Why does your profile say hispanic?

Willin...darlin glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that hispanic claim.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:22 PM

I am half Russian and I want Russian taught as a second language in this country. I also want signs in places like Lowes that cater to diversity. Signs in Lowes stores are in English and Spanish. I want Russian signs is these stores, too. No one seems to pay heed as to how many LEGAL Russians have come to this country post-Soviet era. All of them, of course, speak and write Russian. Anything less than what I demand is outright prejudice.

Oh yes, what is Caucasion? It seems almost every ethnic group here gets to identify themselves based upon the continent of their ancestry. We have Spanish-Americans, Afro-Americans, Asian-Americans. What is a Caucasion-American? What continent is Caucasia? My ethnicity is sourced from Europe. Why can't I be termed European-American instead of some word that is meaningless to me?

Thank you! That means I'm american by that definition. I love it! love

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:02 PM

I find it hard to listen to the BS about the "Poor" when I am one of the poor. I have to listen to all this "FEELS GOOD" melarchy about how we don't do enough for them.

First and foremost, most mentally ill people refuse to recognize their illness. How do you help someone who does not want the help? Force it on them?????

What about the working poor? How about those of us who are skilled labor having to compete with unskilled labor for decent pay? Then again half of what I do is fixing some idiots' messed up work!

I have no sympathy becasue I am among those you want to help and many are just milkers! So where is MY government money check? OH THAT'S RIGHT, I'M WHITE AND I AM WILLING TO WORK SO I AM DISQUALIFIED.

PUHLEASE! I still am not buying this heart felt BS. I see a lot of panhandlers I would LOVE to stuff in Labor Camps. best way to dry them out is to work their azzes off while they dry out!

I also am more educated evidently on the subject of substance abuse because I sure in the hell have NO sympathy for a drug addict. Either they help themselves or they don't care.

Also there is work out there. it may not be what people want to do but hey, screw them if they don't want to earn their money. All I can say is this, once I get myself out of my hole I sure in the heck am not going to give anyone anything other than a ration of shart if they try begging off of me. I can tell when someone is just having life spit on them vs. some azzhole who does not want to do anything to earn a living! I see some poor people who will work and they are the ones who deserve help. We are not talking about retirees and elderly people who had their life savings and retirements stolen from them by unscrupulous "investors." How about helping them or do they not rate?

Every time I see one of those "homeless and hungry" azzholes I want to toss them into a van and take them right to a sweat shop where they would get the crap beaten out of them for refusing to work! How do you like me now? A lot less?

No skin off of my nose!drinker

The only people deserving ANY help are those willing to help themselves!

And poor people should not have children if they cannot afford them period! its called RESPONSIBILITY! Look it up in a dictionary some time. I used to have that word thrust on me on a daily basis by people who can't even keep a house plant alive!

Andy, you are one of the few. Thanks sweetie! flowerforyou

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 09:46 PM
You still didn't answer me. Still can't come up with better than that? Keep trying. You can do it.

Common sense is really hard to argue against isn't it?

And let's see if we can identify where I was in error...humm saying to get back up...no...we still have to get our butts back up and keep going...so that wasn't in error.

Let's see, the birth control issue...no...not there either. You can't afford to do the time don't do the crime. Keep the knees together. Why should I pay for another woman getting knocked up? Is it too much to ask for the same accountability?

I've carefully restudied the entire post. I fail to see the errors that you've determined...possibly you need to be shown the ACTUAL web pages and support for the difference in Foster Care and Adoption.
http://www.adoptionarticlesdirectory.com/Article/The-Differences-between-Foster-Care-and-Adoption/2810

But noting your determination to feed every bleeding heart story, I seriously doubt that you will EVER see common sense or reason.

The dad and abortion issue. No. I still say that they should have a voice. But I'm still correct that it always falls to the woman to raise said child if the father bails out. It is still HER responsibility, that is HER child not mine. Still not in error.

I can give you the names of the mental health clinics/hospitals here in the OKC area. I'm sure there are some in your area also. Have you LOOKED before you stuck your foot in your mouth? http://ok.gov/odmhsas/

Physical Impairments....try lifting 110 lbs with a torn tricep..BS! Another excuse. Most (over 85%) of nurses are working with some form of injury. And you try and lift someone that weights 110 lbs with a torn tricep, that is a physical impairment. And here, there are state agencies that are geared specifically to permanent impairment. To get people retrained. http://www.okrehab.org/

Low education...obviously you haven't kept up on some of the posts... there is more money available to those under the poverty line than above...try again. http://www.ok.gov/oesc_web/

All these are in Oklahoma but I'm quite sure I can find similar resources in your state also.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 04:52 PM

I guess the saying "they kick you when your down" is true in this country.

It is sickening.

Women on birth control get pregnant, that is not their fault that the birth control failed and if they do not believe in abortion, they are going to have a child.

We pay for the children they give up for adoption to with our taxes so don't fool yourself that that option doesn't come back to the tax payer and it is cheaper for the mother to raise the child on welfare than it is for the child to go into foster care.

And men who speak about abortion and having children really need to shut the hell up about it. Talk about an individual speaking about something they cannot know anything about.slaphead

Poor people are always going to be here, it the bane of a capitalistic nation. And there will be those that are capable of pulling themselves out of the rut of poverty and there will be those who just can't do it. They try and try but it never happens so they live their whole lives in poverty and their children too. Noone can live off of welfare all their lives because the program doesn't allow it so they will make a pittance at a low wage job struggling along. But they shouldn't be judged because they are disadvantaged. The disadvantaged in this nation are just as important to this nation as the wealthy are. We are all Americans.

Poor people are poor for all kinds of reasons.
Mental incapacity
Mental health issues
Physical impairments
Low education

Mental health issues are one of the most common. People who have mental health issues do not realize that they have them, they just struggle through life trying and trying but never getting anywhere.

That is the vast majority of the poor that are chronically poor and can't seem to function.

I know I saw them in my office on a daily basis. I would refer them to mental health but our mental health system in this country sucks and the people still never get the health care they need in this area.

So to judge them harshly and with untrue myths in my opinion shows personal prejudices and issues, it doesn't reflect badly on the poor.

"I guess the saying "they kick you when your down" is true in this country." It doesn't mean you have to stay there...for gawd's sake GET UP!!! What if you had no choice...you had to keep going...keep working...find something ANYTHING to earn the groceries.

"Women on birth control get pregnant, that is not their fault that the birth control failed and if they do not believe in abortion, they are going to have a child." Then why is my responsibility to pay for her spreading it in the first place? If you can't afford it...keep those knees together ladies.

"We pay for the children they give up for adoption to with our taxes so don't fool yourself that that option doesn't come back to the tax payer and it is cheaper for the mother to raise the child on welfare than it is for the child to go into foster care."

Excuse me, but foster care and adoption are two different options. But let's go into foster care first. In most cases, it's not poverty that the child is removed from, it is drug use by the household, abuse or neglect. Do you REALLY want that foster child to return to such a household. I wouldn't. Now...let's move on to the adoption option...most are being handled by private agencies and churches..no taxpayer money there.

"And men who speak about abortion and having children really need to shut the hell up about it. Talk about an individual speaking about something they cannot know anything about.slaphead "

Obviously you've never seen a dad. Not a father, but a dad. So the men have as much say as the woman does...he was there also..and should have a say since it is his child also...Bet cha cash it was immaculate conception. A dad can love a child that isn't his as much as a child that is. Not all men are cold hearted..granted some are "playas". But it is the woman's ultimate responsibility for the child and NOT mine or the rest of us.

"Poor people are poor for all kinds of reasons.
Mental incapacity
Mental health issues
Physical impairments
Low education"

There are free mental health clinics and hospitals here...and we are in the middle of no where so I'm not sure where your state is...

Physical Impairments....try lifting 110 lbs with a torn tricep..BS! Another excuse.

Low education...obviously you haven't kept up on some of the posts... there is more money available to those under the poverty line than above...try again.

Considering most of the replies aren't even correct, I am not going through the whole thing.

You need to think again at most levels.

And which of my statement do you feel were inaccurate? Where do you feel I haven't followed through on every one of your points...

Odd really, when someone stands there and points out errors in your reasoning...you run.

Shame.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 04:49 PM
why not? I took the time to give you the common courtesy..

Shame really.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 04:47 PM
Any idea why parents focus on the money? We GREW UP! That's right...some of us actually refuse to sell our souls for a handout. Now that said, try raising the child without the handouts...then there will be a gal in Vegas I would be very proud of. She finally got it square. Way to go.

But as it stands now..you hand us "bonding". Not much else. The child can NOT live on a mother's love...they starve to death in about a week.

And what is going to happen to your "Standards" when you still haven't accepted work and the handouts stop? What happens with the bonding then?

And for your information...I filed my first income tax in 1979. So the 21 of 22 years don't float much with me.

And so you get handouts from not only the government but friends and family members also. Where did your pride go?

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 04:20 PM
Edited by IndianWoman on Thu 09/02/10 04:26 PM

I love how people say 'get a job' like its a onesided thing

like 'take a bath'...lol

sure Ill go out there and grab up one of those millions of paychecks floating around

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_tot_rec-economy-welfare-caseloads-total-recipients

five million currently on welfare

for those poor with numbers, thats a little over 1% of the population

now,, if there are five unemployed per job opening currently,

that means that only 20 percent of those looking have a job to just 'get'

and then, there is the minor detail of competition and educational and experience REQUIREMENTS..

oh , lets not forget little facts such as how the system is set up for at least 5% to be unemployed and how the majority on welfare are single moms trying to raise their children best they can because of FATHERS who do squat(where is the outrage from the public about THAT) or how welfare families have the same average number of children as anyone else or how small a part of the budget welfare for children is compared to welfare to corporations and big business

I dont condone laziness, but i dont condone broad assumptions and character judgements about how lazy or unwilling to work people are who dont happen to have traditional income

You do not know the people I know. You evidently have not seen what I have seen.

There is work out there but I have physically been present to "That job is beneath me, I won't do it," and "But I would have to take less pay. I am better off on unemployment." I see and hear so much about what people will not do.

Hell, I got a friend who very well may be going to jail tonight for stealing from his own family and other friends I know and I was the one caught in the middle. Time and time again the slacker got jobs HANDED to him and he quits the next day becasue f every excuse under the sun and he blames everyone else. He is like millions of Americans of all colors who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. I resent getting sucked into this drama but hey, someone has to help rehabilitate the mess a friend of mine cause for every on e else around him. No one wants to be poor but how many of them are willing to do what it takes to not be poor.

I am doing work I do not want to do but my bills don't pay themselves.

This is America and I don't buy this whole "Poor People" BS. Either you spine up and get a job or quit bitching about how unfair life is. LIFE IS UNFAIR! People keep each other and themselves down. I am so sick and tired of all the excuses and finger pointing. in every direction other than to the source of the real problem, American's lack of personal accountability!

Poor people! FASH! I bust *** to make $20K a year and I can BARELY keep up at all! And yet am I here whining about where my welfare is? HELL NO.

If you are poor, GET A JOB!

Got a job that sucks? Look for a better job and quit whining!

Need training to get a better job? GO TO SCHOOL AND OPEN THE DAMN BOOKS THIS TIME! THERE ARE LOTS OF GRANT PROGRAMS TO HELP OUT!

Oh but making a life takes effort and sometimes the effort needed is greater than many are willing to give.

People need to GROW UP!

Thank you very much!

I am a nurse, you know what I do for a living? I specialize in the 3 Ps....Pee, Poo, and Puke. And you know...I don't mind it at all...you know why? I'm working and when I go get that little girl I know she is watching me. She learns how to live her life by my example. To me, there is NO greater responsibility than that.

One of the main reasons I chose nursing is because I knew I would always be able to find a job. But then again, we come back to the drive to paddle your own canoe.

Competition is part of the game..quit moaning. Learn better interviewing skills, and get yourself back into school if you can't find a job in your field. And take anything they throw at you to earn a living while you are doing it. As I've said in another post...I have no pride when it comes to the blue eyes of that little girl.

And something else too...no matter what society says...you get prego, you raise the child (with a very few exceptions). If he buggers out...who raises the child? The woman does. Reality check! So if you can't afford to raise the child...keep your knees together.

Another crock of crap that just smokes me..."It takes a village to raise a child." That is the lies I have ever heard. It takes a loving parent, with drive (no laziness allowed) and a devotion to the child BEFORE conception. To raise the child.

So those of you who are on welfare...I am going to offend right here. (Never have believed in the "Politically Correct" either. Grow a skin for the love of Pete!)GET A JOB! And you should be ashamed of yourself, a single mother can paddle her own canoe, why can't you? Get off your butts and be part of the solution and not the problem. Think of all the kids who could go to college and not have to worry about having a job too. Just get the grades. You lazy outfits! GET UP! Find something...hell anything to earn a living.

this thread is full of ignorant statements, and assumptions,

taking care of home and my children is a JOB, great that some have had the good fortune to have someone employ them so they can do the financial part of that job but not ALL of us have that experience

you dont get a job like you take a shower, someone else has to AGREE to participate,, in case you dont understand basic math,, if there is only ONE employer to every FIVE applicants, FOUR out of five applicants wont be able to just 'get a job'

guess who is working at the fast food chains, STUDENTS , teens, young adults,, very few GROWN UPS unless they are in management

people with jobs now kill me, seriously, because you have the fortune of employment you have NO clue what it is to be looking for a job NOW,,,

count your blessings , even if you 'worked hard' to get them, but please spare the rest of us the holier than thou diatribes about how being unemployed has something to do with drive or laziness and having a job has something to do with ambition and hard work,,,in the end it ALL comes down to having someone who will HIRE you

Wanna bet? How do you think I got the job I have now? I had to go GET IT! And with in the last 3 months...hummm...

1 employer to 5 applicants...that's call competition...grow you a pair and start swinging with the big boys...or you will ALWAYS be part of the problem and NOT part of the solution.

"taking care of home and my children is a JOB" .. you know what...I do that too...and hold a full time job AND going back to school.

You were saying? How much a victim you are...it starts with your own mind set...change that, you will start looking at the other side of the coin soon.

Life doesn't hand you chances...you have to be able to dig those chances from nothing...

"..very few GROWN UPS unless they are in management" So? Go for management...your legs ain't broke! Help yourself first...come on girl. I'm no bigger or better than anyone else...if I can do it...so can you.

I am not a victim, it took you three months, it is taking me longer,, noone is assuming I cant including myself, Im disputing that because someone has not YET doesnt mean they arent trying or cant

Good grief, did I not say I have worked for 21 of the last 22 years of my life,, I am glad you got a position , great for you

who keeps your kids while you work? I have no money to afford a babysitter right now so that EXPENSE would have to be included in the wage I was offered,

I also will not be without a car raising a three year old by myself so I have insurance costs to factor into the wage I can work for

I also will not TRADE time with my kids for money, there has to be a balance for me, Im not going to work 16 hours a day to show my child how IMPORTANT having a paying job is while leaving her to be raised completely by others while Im earning wages

If I take a job, there has to be a schedule by which I can have my child in childcare, which leaves out most minimum wage jobs which have SET and EVENING hours,,,

Having standards does not equate to making an excuse, having standards is ALSO an example I am setting for my children, I dont expect anything for NOTHING but I do show them where my priorities are by what I am willing to ACCEPT

someone tell me, If I work 21 years paying taxes, and my employers cut back , why is it a problem if those taxes I paid are loaned back to me to get back on my feet? its cool for me to pay into wars I disagree with, government policies and projects I dont agree with, but its something wrong with paying into something that might actually be used DIRECTLy to help my family?

nonsense, ...

like I said, Im more pissed by the adults having children and ABANDONING them then the ones who are struggling to take care of them alone,,,,

Welcome to my world. About the child care. Ain't easy is it? But I made it work...and so can you...

"...Having standards does not equate to making an excuse, having standards is ALSO an example I am setting for my children, I dont expect anything for NOTHING but I do show them where my priorities are by what I am willing to ACCEPT"

Just wonder when you will show your children the value of working? Or are you showing them that "standards" are more important than supporting a family through good hard work and not on welfare. My folks showed me at a very very young age. And it has been a very strong guiding force. And I was also taught self respect. To respect myself enough to work myself HARD to earn it...not handed to me on a silver platter. Pride in the job you do, pride in the fact that you can pay and insure your own vehicle, (I live in the country...try getting to the store without a car...hoofin there...try THAT with a child in tow)pride in the fact your child is healthy and happy.

"who keeps your kids while you work? I have no money to afford a babysitter right now so that EXPENSE would have to be included in the wage I was offered, "

No one...she goes to SCHOOL! Free babysitter right there. And when she isn't in school...I make the extra money to see that she is cared for while I'm at work...and guess what? I come out ahead...even after child care. Because I WORK!

"I also will not TRADE time with my kids for money,"
So you expect the rest of us to pick up the tab for your "standards"? (I wasn't consulted in the decision but I'm paying for your mindset.) By remaining on welfare or some other handout? Because you will NOT work? And try seeing how long those kids will start to value food over time with you. Let's just see if that adjusts your "standards" a bit. And you know something you might just discover that you can regain alot of the self respect that you left behind there somewhere when you adjust your standards to reality and start working.

here is where the misunderstanding is coming in,, who said I WILL NOT work, I have worked 21 of the past 22 years of my life,,

and I dont expect the 'rest of us' to pay anything as I was paying taxes for 21 years, I expect what I paid to be some benefit to me when I need it

and I know plenty more children who are happy and healthy because their mom and dad spent TIME with them and loved them even though there was little to eat , than I do those whose parents were away all their waking day earning a wage ,,,those kids learned money is the priority,, mine are learning that love and hard work are

and hard work does NOT equate to how much money someone else is paying you,,,or whether someone else is paying you money

my daughter sees me cook her meals, shop for our food, clean our laundry and our home, take her to play at the park or the gym, study for my classes, read with her,,,,,,she 'sees' plenty of hard work and its value,, unlike what she 'sees' when I am at work , which is just that someone paid me money

"their mom and dad"
I noted you didn't bring up a single mother and child...interesting. Maybe my child is just one of a kind...naww..

and hard work does NOT equate to how much money someone else is paying you,,,or whether someone else is paying you money

No, but doing it for nothing is just silly. (joking) The value of hard work goes into putting clothes on their backs too...NOT handouts

"my daughter sees me ... paid me money"
My girl watches me do all those things too. She has also seen me go to work soo sick..."I love you baby"..."I love you mommy". she has watched me fight to get back into school AGAIN. Because the job I have isn't good enough...and the only way to move up...is with EDUCATION!!! an RN. And doing housework can hardly be added as a job especially when we have to do it anyway.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 03:35 PM

This is too easy but I must...I'm sorry.

"you pay them in cash" oooo I bet that gets reported....noway

I love you, Little Sister!

You are a very honerable, honest, Mother and Woman!drinker

smooched Aww thanks

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 03:33 PM

divisiveness sells,,, but at least there is consistency in implying that only the ORIGINAL version of a language should count as that language

so we speak american and mexicans speak mexican and spain speaks spanish and england speaks english

yet, any english speaking country I go to they understand me just fine

and spanish speakers from all over understand each other, including mexicans and spaniards,,,,

but hey, lets divide further,, US vs THEM

I'm really sorry, but you make this just way too easy to pass up.

Thank you! you finally got the point...mexican is NOT the same as spanish! There is hope for you yet...winking

And no...not all english speakers are the same...please try again. Brits they speak the Queen's English...we speak American. The Aussies, they speak Australian.

And btw, we have already said US vs THEM when we got our bellies full of the waves of illegals.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 03:13 PM

like 'take a bath'...lol

sure Ill go out there and grab up one of those millions of paychecks floating around

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_tot_rec-economy-welfare-caseloads-total-recipients

and then, there is the minor detail of competition and educational and experience REQUIREMENTS..

oh , lets not forget little facts such as how the system is set up for at least 5% to be unemployed and how the majority on welfare are single moms trying to raise their children best they can because of FATHERS who do squat(where is the outrage from the public about THAT) or how welfare families have the same average number of children as anyone else or how small a part of the budget welfare for children is compared to welfare to corporations and big business

I dont condone laziness, but i dont condone broad assumptions and character judgements about how lazy or unwilling to work people are who dont happen to have traditional income

You do not know the people I know. You evidently have not seen what I have seen.

There is work out there but I have physically been present to "That job is beneath me, I won't do it," and "But I would have to take less pay. I am better off on unemployment." I see and hear so much about what people will not do.

Hell, I got a friend who very well may be going to jail tonight for stealing from his own family and other friends I know and I was the one caught in the middle. Time and time again the slacker got jobs HANDED to him and he quits the next day becasue f every excuse under the sun and he blames everyone else. He is like millions of Americans of all colors who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. I resent getting sucked into this drama but hey, someone has to help rehabilitate the mess a friend of mine cause for every on e else around him. No one wants to be poor but how many of them are willing to do what it takes to not be poor.

This is America and I don't buy this whole "Poor People" BS. Either you spine up and get a job or quit bitching about how unfair life is. LIFE IS UNFAIR! People keep each other and themselves down. I am so sick and tired of all the excuses and finger pointing. in every direction other than to the source of the real problem, American's lack of personal accountability!

Poor people! FASH! I bust *** to make $20K a year and I can BARELY keep up at all! And yet am I here whining about where my welfare is? HELL NO.

Need training to get a better job? GO TO SCHOOL AND OPEN THE DAMN BOOKS THIS TIME! THERE ARE LOTS OF GRANT PROGRAMS TO HELP OUT!

Oh but making a life takes effort and sometimes the effort needed is greater than many are willing to give.

People need to GROW UP!

Thank you very much!

I am a nurse, you know what I do for a living? I specialize in the 3 Ps....Pee, Poo, and Puke. And you know...I don't mind it at all...you know why? I'm working and when I go get that little girl I know she is watching me. She learns how to live her life by my example. To me, there is NO greater responsibility than that.

One of the main reasons I chose nursing is because I knew I would always be able to find a job. But then again, we come back to the drive to paddle your own canoe.

Competition is part of the game..quit moaning. Learn better interviewing skills, and get yourself back into school if you can't find a job in your field. And take anything they throw at you to earn a living while you are doing it. As I've said in another post...I have no pride when it comes to the blue eyes of that little girl.

And something else too...no matter what society says...you get prego, you raise the child (with a very few exceptions). If he buggers out...who raises the child? The woman does. Reality check! So if you can't afford to raise the child...keep your knees together.

Another crock of crap that just smokes me..."It takes a village to raise a child." That is the lies I have ever heard. It takes a loving parent, with drive (no laziness allowed) and a devotion to the child BEFORE conception. To raise the child.

So those of you who are on welfare...I am going to offend right here. (Never have believed in the "Politically Correct" either. Grow a skin for the love of Pete!)GET A JOB! And you should be ashamed of yourself, a single mother can paddle her own canoe, why can't you? Get off your butts and be part of the solution and not the problem. Think of all the kids who could go to college and not have to worry about having a job too. Just get the grades. You lazy outfits! GET UP! Find something...hell anything to earn a living.

taking care of home and my children is a JOB, great that some have had the good fortune to have someone employ them so they can do the financial part of that job but not ALL of us have that experience

you dont get a job like you take a shower, someone else has to AGREE to participate,, in case you dont understand basic math,, if there is only ONE employer to every FIVE applicants, FOUR out of five applicants wont be able to just 'get a job'

guess who is working at the fast food chains, STUDENTS , teens, young adults,, very few GROWN UPS unless they are in management

people with jobs now kill me, seriously, because you have the fortune of employment you have NO clue what it is to be looking for a job NOW,,,

count your blessings , even if you 'worked hard' to get them, but please spare the rest of us the holier than thou diatribes about how being unemployed has something to do with drive or laziness and having a job has something to do with ambition and hard work,,,in the end it ALL comes down to having someone who will HIRE you

Wanna bet? How do you think I got the job I have now? I had to go GET IT! And with in the last 3 months...hummm...

1 employer to 5 applicants...that's call competition...grow you a pair and start swinging with the big boys...or you will ALWAYS be part of the problem and NOT part of the solution.

"taking care of home and my children is a JOB" .. you know what...I do that too...and hold a full time job AND going back to school.

You were saying? How much a victim you are...it starts with your own mind set...change that, you will start looking at the other side of the coin soon.

Life doesn't hand you chances...you have to be able to dig those chances from nothing...

"..very few GROWN UPS unless they are in management" So? Go for management...your legs ain't broke! Help yourself first...come on girl. I'm no bigger or better than anyone else...if I can do it...so can you.

I am not a victim, it took you three months, it is taking me longer,, noone is assuming I cant including myself, Im disputing that because someone has not YET doesnt mean they arent trying or cant

Good grief, did I not say I have worked for 21 of the last 22 years of my life,, I am glad you got a position , great for you

who keeps your kids while you work? I have no money to afford a babysitter right now so that EXPENSE would have to be included in the wage I was offered,

I also will not be without a car raising a three year old by myself so I have insurance costs to factor into the wage I can work for

I also will not TRADE time with my kids for money, there has to be a balance for me, Im not going to work 16 hours a day to show my child how IMPORTANT having a paying job is while leaving her to be raised completely by others while Im earning wages

If I take a job, there has to be a schedule by which I can have my child in childcare, which leaves out most minimum wage jobs which have SET and EVENING hours,,,

Having standards does not equate to making an excuse, having standards is ALSO an example I am setting for my children, I dont expect anything for NOTHING but I do show them where my priorities are by what I am willing to ACCEPT

someone tell me, If I work 21 years paying taxes, and my employers cut back , why is it a problem if those taxes I paid are loaned back to me to get back on my feet? its cool for me to pay into wars I disagree with, government policies and projects I dont agree with, but its something wrong with paying into something that might actually be used DIRECTLy to help my family?

nonsense, ...

like I said, Im more pissed by the adults having children and ABANDONING them then the ones who are struggling to take care of them alone,,,,

Welcome to my world. About the child care. Ain't easy is it? But I made it work...and so can you...

"...Having standards does not equate to making an excuse, having standards is ALSO an example I am setting for my children, I dont expect anything for NOTHING but I do show them where my priorities are by what I am willing to ACCEPT"

Just wonder when you will show your children the value of working? Or are you showing them that "standards" are more important than supporting a family through good hard work and not on welfare. My folks showed me at a very very young age. And it has been a very strong guiding force. And I was also taught self respect. To respect myself enough to work myself HARD to earn it...not handed to me on a silver platter. Pride in the job you do, pride in the fact that you can pay and insure your own vehicle, (I live in the country...try getting to the store without a car...hoofin there...try THAT with a child in tow)pride in the fact your child is healthy and happy.

"who keeps your kids while you work? I have no money to afford a babysitter right now so that EXPENSE would have to be included in the wage I was offered, "

No one...she goes to SCHOOL! Free babysitter right there. And when she isn't in school...I make the extra money to see that she is cared for while I'm at work...and guess what? I come out ahead...even after child care. Because I WORK!

"I also will not TRADE time with my kids for money,"
So you expect the rest of us to pick up the tab for your "standards"? (I wasn't consulted in the decision but I'm paying for your mindset.) By remaining on welfare or some other handout? Because you will NOT work? And try seeing how long those kids will start to value food over time with you. Let's just see if that adjusts your "standards" a bit. And you know something you might just discover that you can regain alot of the self respect that you left behind there somewhere when you adjust your standards to reality and start working.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 02:15 PM

I guess the saying "they kick you when your down" is true in this country.

It is sickening.

Women on birth control get pregnant, that is not their fault that the birth control failed and if they do not believe in abortion, they are going to have a child.

We pay for the children they give up for adoption to with our taxes so don't fool yourself that that option doesn't come back to the tax payer and it is cheaper for the mother to raise the child on welfare than it is for the child to go into foster care.

And men who speak about abortion and having children really need to shut the hell up about it. Talk about an individual speaking about something they cannot know anything about.slaphead

Poor people are always going to be here, it the bane of a capitalistic nation. And there will be those that are capable of pulling themselves out of the rut of poverty and there will be those who just can't do it. They try and try but it never happens so they live their whole lives in poverty and their children too. Noone can live off of welfare all their lives because the program doesn't allow it so they will make a pittance at a low wage job struggling along. But they shouldn't be judged because they are disadvantaged. The disadvantaged in this nation are just as important to this nation as the wealthy are. We are all Americans.

Poor people are poor for all kinds of reasons.
Mental incapacity
Mental health issues
Physical impairments
Low education

Mental health issues are one of the most common. People who have mental health issues do not realize that they have them, they just struggle through life trying and trying but never getting anywhere.

That is the vast majority of the poor that are chronically poor and can't seem to function.

I know I saw them in my office on a daily basis. I would refer them to mental health but our mental health system in this country sucks and the people still never get the health care they need in this area.

So to judge them harshly and with untrue myths in my opinion shows personal prejudices and issues, it doesn't reflect badly on the poor.

"I guess the saying "they kick you when your down" is true in this country." It doesn't mean you have to stay there...for gawd's sake GET UP!!! What if you had no choice...you had to keep going...keep working...find something ANYTHING to earn the groceries.

"Women on birth control get pregnant, that is not their fault that the birth control failed and if they do not believe in abortion, they are going to have a child." Then why is my responsibility to pay for her spreading it in the first place? If you can't afford it...keep those knees together ladies.

"We pay for the children they give up for adoption to with our taxes so don't fool yourself that that option doesn't come back to the tax payer and it is cheaper for the mother to raise the child on welfare than it is for the child to go into foster care."

Excuse me, but foster care and adoption are two different options. But let's go into foster care first. In most cases, it's not poverty that the child is removed from, it is drug use by the household, abuse or neglect. Do you REALLY want that foster child to return to such a household. I wouldn't. Now...let's move on to the adoption option...most are being handled by private agencies and churches..no taxpayer money there.

"And men who speak about abortion and having children really need to shut the hell up about it. Talk about an individual speaking about something they cannot know anything about.slaphead "

Obviously you've never seen a dad. Not a father, but a dad. So the men have as much say as the woman does...he was there also..and should have a say since it is his child also...Bet cha cash it was immaculate conception. A dad can love a child that isn't his as much as a child that is. Not all men are cold hearted..granted some are "playas". But it is the woman's ultimate responsibility for the child and NOT mine or the rest of us.

"Poor people are poor for all kinds of reasons.
Mental incapacity
Mental health issues
Physical impairments
Low education"

There are free mental health clinics and hospitals here...and we are in the middle of no where so I'm not sure where your state is...

Physical Impairments....try lifting 110 lbs with a torn tricep..BS! Another excuse.

Low education...obviously you haven't kept up on some of the posts... there is more money available to those under the poverty line than above...try again.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 01:43 PM

like 'take a bath'...lol

People need to GROW UP!

Thank you very much!

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 01:28 PM

sure it does. it's the masses of the religious right saying all the racist and bigoted things toward illegal immigrantion.

Sorry my dear, but please don't cloud the water further with religion.

It isn't racist or bigoted when we get our stomach full of watching illegal immigrants getting unemployment, welfare, stiffing the hospitals and healthcare facilities when they have their children in the US. And guess what? They do NOT contribute to repay it!

Darlin, if you work, you too should be infuriated by the abuse of the system that is occurring.

If the illegals were sent back...over 2 million dollars would be saved.

And I still say I shouldn't have to chose between english and mexican when I call a business.
this is for the people that THINK they know what they are talking about , to claim unemployment you need a social security # so there for illegals can claim unemployment ,now people think that the country would save money if they were not here , well how about if i tell you that they pay taxes like anybody else, but the difference between a citizen and an illegal its that the legal can claim their taxes at the end of the year but the taxes that the illegal paid never comes back to their pockets , so you think the country would save if theres no illegals?

Please stay up on the posts, there sweetie. Number one...they have children here...we have to pay. For the child in school, then in college. They are taking the very benefits from our children. We have to fight and scrap for every dime to help our children. They get it thrown at them...

And they don't pay income taxes...how could they if they don't have a ss # to begin with (some actually have FAKES <gasps>)? (Most are paid under the table in cash...where do they claim that on their taxes) So they don't contribute...they suck it right out of the till and don't repay a dime.

And stiffing the hospitals, health care systems...she gets prego in Mexico...gets in the country...has the child here...in an American hospital...gets the same care as a LEGAL immigrant who pays. I do not nor have I ever claimed responsibility for another woman getting prego and me having to pay for the child. I take care of my child...my responsibility.

actually, they do pay income taxes,, thats where the COMPANIES hiring illegals come in,

they have a payroll, usually done automatically and income tax is automatically deducted,,,

day service workers who are picked up by individuals , of course, are less likely to pay

They pay income tax how? They don't have a ss#, if they do it is fake.

And the individuals? How are they picking them up and paying them? No...it's back to the small business again.

not sure where you reside, but here in vegas, you can pick up workers at just about any major home improvement store or gardening store,,,,,you pay them in cash

this is more on how illegal immigrants pay income tax

http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/1424.html

This is too easy but I must...I'm sorry.

"you pay them in cash" oooo I bet that gets reported....noway

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 01:24 PM

Considering that they can't get help from the government and they pay taxes here, they actually help our economy.

My concern is that our borders should be secure, which Obama is doing more than any other president did in that area, also a people who are not here legally are not safe from being taken advantage of by our bad people here.

So it would be better to secure the border and legalize those that are here that are not major criminals. Those that are major criminals need to be sent home after they pay their debt to us. And no, I am not talking about their legality here as a crime so do not even go there.

They pay income tax how? They don't have a ss#, if they do it is fake.

And the individuals? How are they picking them up and paying them? No...it's back to the small business again.

Lets not even bring up the routes that are opened up by illegals coming into the country to drug runners and cartels. Major Criminals...Would you like the minor criminal to stay? stay where in our over crowded prison system...or on the unemployment line? what is your line to cross? Mine is where they are flooding into the country...

And you were saying they do help the economy ... How? I missed that part.

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 01:19 PM

IndianWoman's photo
Thu 09/02/10 01:18 PM

They abuse the system more than they help it.

Thank you. smile2
I'm apache and I can comprehand how some that are natives of this country can be actualy talking crap about the real people of this continent, I would hurt my self before I talk crap about this good people

I've asked you this before but obviously you've failed once again... I'm am a Native woman... I live on the tribal lands. I earn my living here...in Oklahoma...(Home of the Redman).

And talking crap? Excuse me? Did you even BOTHER to read my opening pet rant? NO?! Please do.

We are sick of it...and the added insult of the REFUSAL to speak english instead of mexican...YES I said mexican and will not change it. It is MEXICAN...not Spanish. Spanish is a "romance" language, where as mexican is a mix of Native tongues and the slang that was brought over on the spanish galleons.

So before you are so ready to slit every Americans hamstrings in favor of some one who SNEAKS. Be sure you are in the correct country for your views.

Because here sweetie...we speak AMERICAN...if you don't like it...there's the damn boarder and don't let it hit you where the good lord split cha. If fact I betcha I can get you a free ride down there.