no photo
Thu 09/11/14 12:37 AM
Thanks all. Have a nice life. Rgds

no photo
Tue 09/09/14 05:12 AM
Edited by i_am_trustworthy on Tue 09/09/14 06:08 AM
Looks as if the " Beers," and the " Corn," have helped in this place being congenial, again.

Calm, peaceful, serene. Probably the right atmosphere, to think. Think whether, for all the violent, harmful actions of one human against another, is the main root cause " EGO?" - " Me," "Mine." ( is there some influence of Ayn Rand- read ages ago?)
And if Ego is the root cause, is this centered in the BODY - BRAIN, HEART, SOUL, etc. ?
Request to be enlightened by the wise people here, if they care to do so. Thnx.
( I hope I am not being a spoilsport, and stirring a hornets nest again. )

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 08:17 AM
#Slobs, mam, with sincere apologies for the delay in replying to ur question, I was attempting to address a sociological issue. I appreciate ur efforts in trying to understand my badly put thoughts (I say this because, having read the opinions expressed here, I failed in highlighting my intentions) , and make ur point. I feel that the incident(s) quoted by you are the result of the behaviour in general, being observed by the young ones. So, unless we change, it can not be a better world in future.

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 05:31 AM
Edited by i_am_trustworthy on Mon 09/08/14 05:37 AM
Reacting to comment for the sake of reacting, defending the indefensible, would be highly improper on my part, especially having initiated the discussion. But:
No amount of reasoning , any much of explanation, would help in convincing a person, who strongly opines that their understanding is the only correct one. And if at all someone has some complex, none could help.
And passing a harsh comment against a country, people's of a nation in general is in bad taste, kindly let me assert.
Reg the personal aggression against me, is anybody's choice. I can not stop it. At least I am honest and frank, and did not hide behind the anonymity of the virtual world. And that describes my character. If someone in this portal feels I am a rouge, or a scoundrel of the first order, that is their privilege. On this point I offer no rebuttal.
Perhaps, when the requirements of ego are catered to, another cool reading, and a thought on the subject matter may help, in a different perception. Hoping so, and meaning no offense to anybody who cared to post their feelings, I conclude, quoting Late Rabindranath Tagore, from his poem, "Where the mind is without fear ,where knowledge is free,........." The last line of the above is "My Father, let my country awake." I would like to substitute the word "Country," with the word "Brotheren."May peace be unto you all. Amen.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 10:51 PM
Thank you. U are absolutely right, and I am not saying anything bad bat anybody. I just wanted to sound people on any platform that' s available to me and really think bat the suitability of the sight. Possibly I was over-anxious. Thnx again. Have a nice life.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 10:15 PM
Edited by i_am_trustworthy on Sun 09/07/14 10:21 PM
Dear people,
Thank you for the pain u all took in posting ur thoughts.
I read a lesson in my school days, titled " Speach is Silver, but Silence is Golden." Then why the heck should I put a badly sculpted piece in this public forum, inviting there by, not criticism ( of thoughts, style etc) ,but even personal redicule?
I was aware that this could happen, but I had some thoughts, feelings, which by airing here, I envisaged at a few considered views about the subject matter.
And the subject matter, to be true to myself, and all of you here, is that I am worried about the general conditions that presently exist in the world we are living in.
Violence, barbaric acts, uncaring of other human beings etc have pervaded the social behaviour of many of us. There by causing pain, physical harm, sadness etc in others.
I felt that the root cause of all this is exceeding selfishness that got rooted in many of us. Uncaring attitude concerning other's wellbeing. I thought it is time to bring this into the forefront, and make at least a few of you, in sparing a thought, and to air views on the subject.
I wanted to say, selfishness would be giving a moment's satisfaction, and other fulfillment of needs, that each of us pine for. I wanted to stress the fact that, there is no permanent happiness in such acts. Also in the long run one may rue for his acts. I wanted to say do indulge in good deeds as the result of these good deeds is permanent and is One's own, and nothing else is. Also in the case of bad deeds.

If these thoughts are not worthy to be aired in this medium, in this virtual world, possibly, I missed my brief.
Hence it depends on your intelligence to judge the merits. If I caused you to waste your time in going through a worthless post, pardon me; if at least one of you think in the same lines as me, please do write to me.
Personal jibes are also welcome as some one did, as that will make me to be a better human being, and exposes the other's flaws in comprehension of the subject matter. Thank you again.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 09:24 AM
No, Sir No, I rest my case, and await the verdict. "Guilty as charged," am I ?

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 09:15 AM
Edited by i_am_trustworthy on Sun 09/07/14 09:21 AM
Beg the readers' indulgence for penning the following, so that it may help in understanding my need to say the above at all.
Robert Lynd, a reputed essayist of yore, in one of his pieces, " On Argument," said an argument will usually not help in convincing another person and obtaining concurrance of your point. But people still argue. In the long run these arguments will help, in that they will be ringing in the air, and at some point may make people think.
Also, let me stretch another point a little. Late President Kennedy averred " Ask not what the nation
does for you, but tell what you can do for the country. " Extending this concept, born as a human being, I would like to do my bit for the cause of humanity, and it's wellbeing.

Lastly, in the Winter of my life, enduring the " donkey's years," as many old-aged people, like the grand parents do, I would very much endeavor to do my little bit. So help me God. Thanks.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 07:33 AM
Sorry, I am not defending myself for the sake of argument sake. But, friend, I try every day, every time, to better myself. Believe me if u can. Thnx. Have a nice life.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 07:30 AM
To each his/ her own. Nobody is perfect. There is saying in Urdu. " Hamam me in sub mange hain. " Meening everybody is nude in the bath(room).

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 07:26 AM
Ok. Kindly see the content again and and , suggest a better title, or tell me not try to write at all, and try to better this world with some thoughts driving towards less selfishness, and ego(s).

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 07:19 AM
Permit to also say a rape just not violates a body, but total humane feelings are not considered, and animals are better than the persons indulging in such barbaric acts.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 07:07 AM
My strong view, not just perception, is that a rape is the most despicable act, and "humans" don't indulge in that. For that matter any voilent act against any person must be condemned, by any right thinking person. Probably the comment was made by seeing the title of the topic and not going through the content.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 06:51 AM
Seems like our English is different.

no photo
Sun 09/07/14 05:27 AM
May I say that the life, and the body in which it exists, is bestowed upon a person by the parents. Its not a gift, it's a creation, probably planned, desired, by accident or even by violent act. Can we evaluate a life, to pay back for it? I am just airing some thoughts......

no photo
Sat 09/06/14 11:48 PM
Yea, permit me to ask this question to you, as also myself, and reflect on the truth, to find the true answer.
Body, the body in which we exist, is it our own? I don't think so. The father gave the seed, the mother gave her everything, for us, today to be breathing in this body. So, this body is a gift to us, by our patents. And, even if compensated them with love & affection, with being caring about them, are we always there, when they needed us? I don't think, any one of us have really done justice, in this regard. Even if we had, can we say that we own our body? Because if we do own it, are we in possession of full rights, to do as we wish to do, and indulge in acts we want to? The answer is a NO, a firm no. As such we are the custodians of this body, to use it in a way that makes it possible for other bodies live in a healthy, peaceful co-existence.

Next, the worldly possessions. Land, house, the things we use etc. Are these our own entirely? Please, pause and spare a thought. We have just paid for them , to use them, in our life time,for a comfortable life style. The day we pass away into eternity, our TV's will be watched by others, isn't it? Whether we like it or not.

Coming to other human beings, when we don't own our own body, how can we say that we own others, and expect them to comply with our biddings?
The only aspects of the whole life one lives, hence, is the net result of his or her actions, good or bad.

Let me await the response of the readers who saw this peace.