Community > Posts By > LowRen

LowRen's photo
Thu 07/02/09 04:43 PM

But I think I logged in all of 2 times when I first made a profile...so I'm just renewing, I suppose.

I had some family/friends issues that prevented me from the internet for a while, but all that seem s to be OK now, so feel free to msg me if you'd like to get to know me. I'm always up for new people :)

By the way I wanted to mention that your picture is upside down just in case you didn't know

i like her pic upside down

^_^ Why thank ya deary, I quite like it too! :-P

LowRen's photo
Thu 07/02/09 04:31 PM
haha, yes I know, thank you though.

^_^

LowRen's photo
Thu 07/02/09 04:29 PM
Just responded to an email from someone asking me my views on atheism and how they came about. I thought I'd share :)

---------------

I was brought up Catholic up until I was about 6, then my mother became Pagen(quite a jump, right?) and ever since then I was quite confused as to what was really going on outside of the physical plain.

I suppose it was a bit of a shock to be told at such a young age, "Oh yeah, we don't believe in what we've been telling you is true anymore".

Honestly, I really don't remember my initial reaction to it all, but later on in life I went on a quest for "God", researching different religions and what not, and literally came to absolutely LOATH organized religion for a number of different reasons.

I eventually decided that if I was supposed to know, I would know, and if it was imperative to how I would spend my afterlife, that some fat guy in an Armani suit and $5,000 watch asking me for my money WAS NOT going to be the one to dictate that.

I neither denounce god or acknowledge his/hers/their presence and figure IF they are out there/here/all around us and if the do want some sort of acknowledgment, they'll let me know.

On another note; if I was the almighty creator, it would absolutely bug the crap out of me to be held responsible for anything negative that goes on in any such persons life. IE: "It was gods will." Uhh...yeah, I TOTALLY caused you to drive 100+ miles on the free way while talking on your cell, causing you to slam into a van carrying a family of 7, killing 3 and putting the other 4 in critical condition.

Quite frankly, I think its a cop out.

Same goes for anything positive. Give yourself some damned credit. "Oh, thank God I got this job."...Cause the 8 years of schooling and your over all talent had NOTHING to do with it.

Now, I understand those are both extremes, but you get what I'm saying.

Well, I think I've rambled enough for now. How about you? What are you beliefs?

~L

LowRen's photo
Thu 07/02/09 04:23 PM
Oh wow, you guys are speedy ^_^

Hello hello, and thank you :)

LowRen's photo
Thu 07/02/09 04:16 PM
But I think I logged in all of 2 times when I first made a profile...so I'm just renewing, I suppose.

I had some family/friends issues that prevented me from the internet for a while, but all that seem s to be OK now, so feel free to msg me if you'd like to get to know me. I'm always up for new people :)