Community > Posts By > Chris2007

Chris2007's photo
Fri 01/25/08 08:09 AM
To imherewithoutyou, you have so much negativity within you, it's so sad you have to try and spread it to everyone else. Just glad to see there are people who don't pay attention and let you influence them.

Chris2007's photo
Fri 01/25/08 07:50 AM
You and me both. It's supposed to get to 50's and 60's on Sun and Mon here in KC area. Can hardly wait!!!

Chris2007's photo
Thu 01/24/08 12:11 PM
Hi Erin and everyone. Independence here. Good to see so many from the KC area getting together.

Chris2007's photo
Thu 01/24/08 12:02 PM
I feel so sorry for everyone who has had to deal with the deaths right now. I just got an e-mail yesterday at 3 pm that a friend's dad had passed away and the viewing was last night at 5pm. I got off work with enough time to go visit my dad. He's buried at the same place Susie's dad is going to be buried.

I want to thank everyone too. You've all been so friendly and making me feel welcome. I have enjoyed meeting and talking to you all.

Chris2007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:58 AM

Song, I really feel for you. It's hard to raise a child on your own, and I believe I was a bit older then you when I had my daughter. Her name is Allison and we had a very rough time while she was growing up. We had a lot of things happen in a short time, and she started acting out, because of abandonment issues. Too many deaths in a short period, one was her best friend, another was my dad, her only male role model. There were other things too, but won't go into all the details. Had to have her in the day program at Research Psych Center for a while, followed by intensive group therapy. Suffice it to say she got off track for a while, but, is finally doing what she needs to do.

I'm very proud of her for finally deciding to go back to school. She dropped out in her sophmore year. Got her GED over a year ago, and just decided to go to school to study Business Management. I've always told her she was intelligent, but she never believed me. Now she has proof. She took 4 classes, got A's and B's in all of them and worked full time! She's paying for all of it. I offered to help but she said no, she wanted to do it on her own.

Sorry for getting so wordy. I still tend to write a novel.

Chris2007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:33 AM
Erin, I don't think it would be an issue, but, I'm not a Human Resource (I hate that term) person. However, my thoughts on that are you applied prior to accepting the job at IRS, you should be able to take that job if offered. I'd check with OPM rather than your Human Resources office. Better information.

I'm a Financial Management Analyst. It's just a generic title. I do whatever projects they assign to me. Under the same title I used to be a technial writer for 21 years. I loved that job. I wrote travel policy and procedures for the Marine Corps. Also wrote manuals, proposed changes to manuals, served on work groups to write new manuals, and served on a focus group that got together about every 3 months to discuss and determine how to get all the Services to write the regs as one, instead of interpreting them to suit their own needs. That job was moved to Indianapolis in April 2005. Since then I haven't had a regular job to work, just projects as management assigns them. Sometimes I go 2 weeks with nothing to do.

We're on the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closing) list. We are scheduled to close Aug 31, 2008. That's why I'm taking early retirement and the buyout. Can hardly wait.

Chris2007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:50 PM
Well, earlier in the posts y'all were talking about meeting some where, once it warms up a bit. I'd love to do some thing like that. And Song, if you need a ride, be glad to help out.

I remember what it was like raising a child. Not sure from the posts if the father is involved, but, I did it alone, with no help from her father. She's 22 now, finally started college, community college right now. Got a 3.5 GPA for her first semester. Paying for it herself, I offered to help, but she wants to do it on her own.

Erin - I've worked for the Govt for 31 years, started at IRS as a seasonal employee also. After 90 days you can start applying at other Govt Agencies. That's what I did, have worked for Dept of Defense for last 30 years. Getting ready to take early retirement. We're closing.

Ok, the picture is 2 years old, haven't changed that much. Will post some new pictures soon.

Chris2007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:39 PM
So terribly sad. Another young rising talent. Yes, first reports were of a drug overdose, but, police are now saying it was accidental.

My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends. Especially to his little girl.

Chris2007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:28 PM
Thanks Corn, y'all sound like a lot of fun.

Chris2007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:16 PM
Hi Erin in Kearny. I live in Independence, have a friend that lives in Kearny. I've been enjoying reading these threads. First time Ive been in here.