Community > Posts By > Dominick7

Dominick7's photo
Sat 03/21/09 08:50 AM
I use AnyDVD from Slysoft to take off the encryption, DVDShrink (free) to rip it, and Nero to burn it which automatically connects to DVDShrink making it a seamless process.

Dominick7's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:17 PM

So.....................lets flip this convo...

Nothing wrong with a chick shaving her head , then????

No need for the patriarchal bullsh*te about women need to have long hair to be subservant and appropriate?

Since when have women ACTUALLY been subserviant? :tongue:
Ya'll have influenced a lot of history with but a few quiet words at the right time.

I know right? Lol.

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 07:42 PM
I snuck out with some friends at night and lit some mail boxes on fire..

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 10:29 AM

I don't recall mentioning men............but thankyou..........

and why is it you asssume I was talking to you?.......there is a whole thread full of hirsute men there that I may, or may not have been posting to..........half of them I have known for over a year....

but that's ok.........assume I was talking to you........

lmao... (you shot yourself in the foot..)....as to your god thingo.....that's even funnier..........

mate, I have this stuff grows out of my head, with or with out me... it does not define me, and if it gets in my eyes, or bugs me in summer, I shave it off.......

AB (the OP) and I go back pre this site... and have known of each other for more than three years...I can say whatever the f*ck I choose to in his threads, and he shall decide what was what....

but thanks for that....

oh! A hint?

Some of us live an external ego fuelled life, and some of us dont...:wink:

Was this for me?

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 10:26 AM

Wow this threading system doesn't line up well at all.. I meant that comment about Zero Hour to Krupa. Wow none of these comments line up:) Jiminey Crickets. Nah Zero Hour are from the US and I doubt they have their butts hanging out anywhere. The guitarrist and bassist are identical twin brothers and the singer is I think an islander. An all men band. I need to learn to quote what I'm responding to I guess:)

try hitting the 'quote' tab inside the post you wish to respond to........then people can figure who you may be talking/responding to.flowerforyou

Thank you good ideeja:)

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 05:02 AM
Edited by Dominick7 on Wed 03/11/09 05:03 AM
Wow this threading system doesn't line up well at all.. I meant that comment about Zero Hour to Krupa. Wow none of these comments line up:) Jiminey Crickets. Nah Zero Hour are from the US and I doubt they have their butts hanging out anywhere. The guitarrist and bassist are identical twin brothers and the singer is I think an islander. An all men band. I need to learn to quote what I'm responding to I guess:)

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 04:59 AM
Who says long hair on a woman= subservience to a man? While I agree with the Bible and common sense that women are ontologically equal to men and should not have less pay or less whatever just because they're a woman, men and woman are different and that I think also shouldn't be blurred. All women are beautiful creations of God. They can shave their heads if they want, some women look better that way. It's likely easier to deal with with it shaved or shorter. I prefer hair, long hair even, but women can look nice with many hair styles.

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 04:53 AM
Haha. Shedap. Jk. At first I thought you were one of the brothers from from the band Zero Hour but my bad.

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 04:47 AM
Priceless:) Nice work man:) I salute you.

Dominick7's photo
Wed 03/11/09 04:46 AM
Haha actually my mom would like a couple times but I would never listen to her when she did, nor give her any explanation as she never gave me one for almost anything. I'd just tell her I'm not cutting it. I did the research for myself when I'd read the Bible and see the one or two verses that SEEMED to suggest long hair is a disgrace. I didn't want to displease God hence why I did some research. Besides I just like to know what the heck I'm talking about, and do things based on sound reason and logic as opposed to just because I want to do them. I'm not always consistent in my practice but I try to be at least with God's help.

Dominick7's photo
Tue 03/10/09 08:15 AM
Edited by Dominick7 on Tue 03/10/09 08:17 AM
Thanks man. One other thing..if one sits back to think about how many groups and cultures sub cultures or just plain old individuals through time that have men with long hair it may shock us..many but not all American Indians, Hippies, Goths, Barbarians, Vikings, Buddhist monks in Shou Lin (too lazy to look up spelling), Sikhs, Huns, Jews, Metal peeps/rockers, rastas, many Samurai, groups in China, India, Europe, Greeks, etc etc etc.. I can see why some like or choose to cut their hair short or shorter, or others like the look, but either way, long hair rules!:)

Dominick7's photo
Tue 03/10/09 08:04 AM
Edited by Dominick7 on Tue 03/10/09 08:09 AM
Yea long hair is evil man..you're only allowed to have it be as long as the Jonas Brothers..:) People take the rendering of like one verse in the Bible to mean that long hair on a man is wrong when the greek is actually talking about what adorns the hair which would have signified femininity back then.

The Nazarites in the Old Testament grew their hair super duper long to signify being set apart as specially devoted to God, and didn't just not cut their hair but also abstained from wine, and touching dead animals. There's nothing inherently wrong with touching a dead animal, especially if it's for food, same with drinking wine before distillation with no aim at getting drunk. Jesus changed water to wine.

Josephus the Jewish historian where we get much of our info about Rome and Jerusalem at that time said men and women had long hair and it was really the adornment that allowed one to distinguish between men and women besides facial hair..one hopes wasn't on the women's faces as well:) But Nazarites stood out because their hair was longer than others.

Jesus was referred to as a Nazarene which many commentators would say is a combination of being a special kind of Nazarite slash being from Nazareth from the word usage and composition, thus it's highly probable that Jesus had long hair as well like most of the men at that time in Israel..with exception to younger people, balding people, or those that shaved/cut their hair from a vow. So contrary to what ignorant people who are just biased or judgmental against people that don't look like those they choose to hang around with in their clicks believe or say, or based on their pre conceived notions about what long haired people must be like, long hair is good and fine. Principles of the Bible are absolute but HOW they are expressed varies from culture to culture. While someone can not like long hair for whatever reason, I don't see how any sensible rational person can make an argument that long hair is inherently evil.

The bottom line I think is that EVERY ->THING<- is good, every substantial reality God made and sustains, is/are someTHING that one CAN and should be thankful for. Evil is NOT a thing, it's not a substantial reality, its a LACK of substance, a LACK of good, a deprivation or privation in a good existing substantial reality. Since hair is a substantially existing thing it is good. The other question one can ask is what USES can something have towards whatever ends that may be good or evil but that has nothing to do with the substance or existence of a thing, it has to do with its use in particular contexts. Hope that isn't as clear as mud. Good question btw.