Community > Posts By > zpeterz63

zpeterz63's photo
Sun 02/22/09 01:42 AM
Can we still at least count on AV wins as a consistent source of Honor Points? I honestly haven't tried doing any BG since WotLK came out...I just assume Altar of Storms is as fail as it's always been. I'd do Wintersgrasp, but my computer is too old to handle everything that's going on there and I end up with a fps or less, which makes PvP kinda impractical.

zpeterz63's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:51 AM
*sigh* I keep meaning to get a kit and start brewing my own stuff...I just don't really have the funds right now.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:53 PM

To all those microbrew drinkers out there, what's your favorite beer and/or brewery? I'll start

My all time favorite is the Dogfishhead IBA (India Brown Ale). It has the hops of an IPA and the flavor of a brown. It is a beautiful beer and works in so many ways.

My favorite microbrew has to go to The Brass Monkey in Kokomo, IN. The Beers are good, but what is great about the place is that it has the atmosphere of a coffee shop (their beer menu is written artistically in colored chalk up on the wall) while having a great collection of taps and bottles, including about 10 of their own.

OK, I know I'm not the only beer drinker out there. Let's hear what all the rest of you have to say!
Don't know much about beer...but I was born in Kokomo!!tongue2

If you're still there then you're actually home to two wonderful microbreweries, the Brass Monkey (as mentioned earlier) and the Half Moon. The Brass Monkey tends to cater to more of the IU Kokomo crowd where as the Half Moon has more of a bar feel. I would highly suggest checking out one or both of them and tasting a few in house made beers :)

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:39 PM
Altar of Storms - Stanford (80 rogue). Can I have my mutilate nerf undone plox?

Wildhammer - Aesthetism (51 Paladin that's leveling fast)

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:35 PM
To all those microbrew drinkers out there, what's your favorite beer and/or brewery? I'll start

My all time favorite is the Dogfishhead IBA (India Brown Ale). It has the hops of an IPA and the flavor of a brown. It is a beautiful beer and works in so many ways.

My favorite microbrew has to go to The Brass Monkey in Kokomo, IN. The Beers are good, but what is great about the place is that it has the atmosphere of a coffee shop (their beer menu is written artistically in colored chalk up on the wall) while having a great collection of taps and bottles, including about 10 of their own.

OK, I know I'm not the only beer drinker out there. Let's hear what all the rest of you have to say!

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 02:12 PM
The subject line pretty much says it all. I created my page about a day ago and would be interest on peoples thought as to the layout/picture selection/the whole shebang.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 02:06 PM
My current computer is 4 years old, though I have since upgraded the processor, video card and RAM. I built it myself my junior year of college. It is on my to do list to replace the guts of it as I can no longer upgrade it (there's only so much you can do with DDR, AGP and a socket 939).

The only other computer I have active right now is my firewall (dual P3s, baby :P). However, I have parts enough to get 2, maybe 3 more machines up and running if I had a need and have only recently given away/loaned 5 machines (one to an aunt, one to each brother of which I have 2, one to my parents and one to an ex...I'd take that one back if I could). I suspect 1 of those will be coming back to me as the person I gave it to had someone else give them a better machine.

I would disagree that you can have computers custom build for the same price as places like Dell or Compaq. At least when it comes to the budget market I would. Those computer come with everything you need as well as a valid license of Windows for as little as $400. If you build the machine yourself and aren't planning on running Linux or pirating a copy of Windows (I do not condone piracy) then you are going to be spending $200 just on Windows alone! It is not feasible to build a budget machine for the same price that you could right out buy one, let alone for cheaper.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:47 PM
I've been running Gentoo Linux on my DHCP server/Firewall for the past year and a half. Some circular dependencies that I should have taken care of better managed to make the machine unbootable the last time I tried updating it and I have decided that instead of rebuilding gentoo (a process that would take no less than a day...you compile everything from source) that I was going to branch out and try a different distro, something that has precompiled packages this time...

So here's what I'm looking for. I want a distro that is quick to install but not so easy that it won't let me leave out X when installing it. I want something that keeps up-to-date with the latest patches and fixes (this is my main protection from the outside internet after all). Preferably, I want something that is going to recognize all my hardware without me having to recompile the kernel, though I could do it if I thought the distro was otherwise idea.

I know that's not a lot to go on and that a lot of distros would fit it, which is why I decided to get outside opinions. What have you or do you use? Bad experiences, good experiences. I don't want to put something on here only to find that I hate it in a month and have to either suffer through it or take down my internet while I install something else.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:38 PM
Of course it depends on the server, but it's the same on mine (Altar of Storms). I think it's that most of the good PvPers don't bother with BGs anymore since we pretty much always lose, which means we lose the players that might turn the tied of the battle. Wintersgrasp is the only BG that seems to have any sort of pull anymore.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:18 PM
Here's a shout to out to all my other Hoosiers out there. N side Indy here.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:17 PM
To all those Indiana microbrew drinkers out there, what's your favorite beer and/or brewery? I'll start

My favorite Indiana microbrew has to go to The Brass Monkey in Kokomo, IN. The Beers are good, but what is great about the place is that it has the atmosphere of a coffee shop (their beer menu is written artistically in colored chalk up on the wall) while having a great collection of taps and bottles, including about 10 of their own.

OK, I know I'm not the only Indiana beer drinker out there. Let's hear what all the rest of you have to say!

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:05 PM
I see a lot of people here from the north part of the state. I grew up there and love it, but I was wondering how many people we have around here that are in the Indianapolis region.

zpeterz63's photo
Sat 02/21/09 12:59 PM
I love Castle Crashers. It just goes to show that a well done side scroll can still be a great game, even in the world of full 3d virtualization we live in.

2 Next