Community > Posts By > SacramentAl

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:41 PM
I think if you absolutely had to give up one for the other, I'd say receiving love is the more important of the two. I don't think you can feel like a complete person if you aren't able to feel like someone loves you.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:24 PM
Try listening to a nutritionist instead of what friends say. Listening to your friends is a definite way to delay asking someone who really knows what they're talking about and making you end up regretting it later.

Besides, it's not about what you eat, per se, it's about the amounts and frequency. Once your metabolism gets pretty regular then you'll start having an easier time losing weight no matter what you eat, as long as it's in small amounts.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:20 PM
Depends on my mood, there's no one thing. If I haven't eaten dinner, it'll be pizza or Burger King. If I have, it'll be some form of ice cream or milkshake.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:18 PM
Faithful, perpetual, blissful.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:17 PM
I think pain is too real for this to be a dream. Death might be the beginning of a permanent dream, who knows? But life itself is not a dream. Otherwise what would be the point of sleeping?

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:16 PM
I would think if something was at absolute zero, that would slowly spread to the rest of the universe. Just like something can't be so hot that it tears apart all conscious matter. What I think is really crazy is how the sun is so hot even though the empty space in outer space is so cold. And if there's no oxygen in space to sustain the burning (since flame takes oxygen to perpetuate itself) then how it maintains itself is really confusing. But if something like that can exist, I don't think something that negates all movement can exist; maybe once all the stars burn out, but that won't be for billions, maybe trillions, of years.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:10 PM
Well...it wasn't serious or anything but it was with the girl on the computer next to me.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 02:55 PM
I have to figure out how that works for human beings before I start thinking about that.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 02:54 PM
Here's a good one:

A man consults a sex therapist because his relations with his wife have become less exciting and passionate.

"Try this," the therapist recommended, handing him a tiny starter pistol like they use at sporting events. "When you get going, shoot this up into the air and it'll get both your hearts racing, that should spice things up."

The man returns the next day and throws down a subpoena at the therapist. "I'm gonna sue your ass, you idiot!" the man growled.

"Why? Didn't the trick work?" the therapist asked, confused.

"Oh, it worked alright." the man nodded bitterly. "The wife and I got into a sixty-nine and I did what you said, I shot the starter pistol. She bit off my prick, crapped in my mouth, and a naked man came running out from our bedroom closet and jumped out the window screaming 'I'm sorry, she said she wasn't married!'"

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 02:43 PM
It's painful to know that people that stupid aren't just processed out by natural selection. We need some natural predators to thin the herd, desperately.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 02:41 PM
Definitely Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer...has anyone seen any of Stephen Chow's earlier work? I got two of his older movies at Walmart, The Royal Tramp I and II, and they were hysterically funny, no CGI stuff, all the old-fashioned wires and stuff, which they pulled off very well. Check 'em out, if you can find them.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 02:39 PM
The movie "Dr. Strangeglove". Because that's the first place I heard it from.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 10:16 AM
Does Reservoir Dogs count? How about The Untouchables? Those movies rocked.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 10:14 AM
I just took a nutrition class last semester and it's really not about what you eat, it's about how much you're eating and how often. And by 'how much', I mean calorie-wise. If you want to do something like a 2000 calorie diet, try a 400 cal breakfast, 200 cal snack, 400 cal lunch, 200 cal snack, 400 cal dinner, and 200 cal snack. Or with a 1500 cal diet, like I'm trying, just replace the 400 with 300. There's lots of things you can do to easily make those numbers work and they're not that expensive. Rice and beans, for instance. Mix 1/4 cup of both together, maybe with a small slice of lunchmeat turkey and you've got a complete meal there. I know it'll be hard at first and you'll be hungry constantly but once their stomachs start to shrink, like after a week, they'll feel fine and get used to it.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 10:08 AM
Cheese alone does not make a good burger. Gimme some thousand island dressing, throw a couple of onion rings on it, and warm up the lettuce and tomatoes before you put 'em on there, for crying out loud. That's a burger.

Otherwise, the top three burgers I've enjoyed are:
1. Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt
2. Burger King's Fiesta Whopper
3. Carl's Jr. Six-Dollar Chili Cheese Burger

Yep. Good stuff. Too bad those aren't permanent menu items.

SacramentAl's photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:49 PM
Edited by SacramentAl on Fri 02/27/09 04:49 PM
Cartman: I'm going to use fear to get people to do what I tell them.
Bart Simpson: Isn't that, like, terrorism?
Cartman: No, it's not like terrorism, it IS terrorism.

SacramentAl's photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:46 PM
Most of the time, yeah, unless my friends aren't busy or if I skip dinner.

SacramentAl's photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:44 PM
Sushi, that's the one thing I could eat every day for the rest of my life.

I also like all that greasy Chinese food, even though it'll kill me quicker'n a bullet.

Mexican food is good, some of it; I like stuff on the crunchy side so those taco salads in the fried tortilla bowl, that's bomb. And the complimentary nachos and salsa are also good, sometimes better than the entrees depending on where you go.

There is a surprising lack of Indian restaurants in Sacramento compared to other things so I can't say if I like it or not yet.

SacramentAl's photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:40 PM
I suggest Crystal Light/knockoff brands because carbonated water dehydrates you so it's actually better to have something sugar-free mixed with normal water.

SacramentAl's photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:37 PM
Cotton Candy flavor. In a milkshake, with Heath Bars ground up in it.