Community > Posts By > visualartistry

visualartistry's photo
Wed 04/08/09 11:46 PM
Everybody with an opinion on free speech and media censoring needs to have heard this track by the group Bassnectar. It's nothing new (at least I hope not.) But it's put together in a way that keeps your attention, and is easy to share with others. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Inspire the Empathetic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ih0HJm7dz4

visualartistry's photo
Wed 04/08/09 11:28 PM
Because Arizona, much like most of the west-coast, has this attitude that they don't need to be bothered, or are too good to interact with anybody else... It's the same reason why you can go to, or watch a group of people, sit at a bus stop (or other crowded environment) for extended periods of time, and see no conversation occur. We have been raised to be social prudes. Threatened with the idea to not talk to strangers from childhood, then expected to learn higher-level social skills in a very in-personal, corporate-marketed, society. So now that we know the cause...
I myself are guilty of these habits as well, and am continuously attempting to break this harmful mindset. However breaking habits takes time and repetition. So I try to introduce myself to a couple new people each week. So on that note, here's to exponential social growth> "Hi everybody I'm Jason, how are you? Hopefully everybody is groovy and for the most part, all is well with the world. Have a great day or evening and I hope you enjoyed my rant."

-Jason