Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 08:11 PM
I suppose I have to give you +1 points for honesty.

Though, please clarify what "420" is.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 08:09 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 08:09 PM
I am currently in a mourning period for another pet. But for my next pet, I'm thinking another rat, or something similarly small and indoors.
I want a ferret, which I'm sure can be found at some shelter or another, but they're still illegal in California.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 08:07 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 08:08 PM
Every dating site I've been to has after-the-fact testimonials that assure me that dating sites work. "Oh, we found true love in one another at XYZ.com, we're so happy", blah, blah, blah. I imagine most of these are just marketing gimmicks of some form or another, and they're there to make us think "But what if they're NOT just marketing gimmicks??"
If you do manage to find someone who you're pretty sure is NOT a bot/scammer/fraud, then ask them to make a post here on the forums, if they don't already. If they can't/won't, then I wouldn't recommend pursuing the relationship further. Either they're just a very good bot/scammer/fraud, or they can't be bothered to do one little service for you in the name of trust (and that's not a good sign).
From then on, there are lots of advice columns telling you what's a good idea and what's a bad idea when it comes to meeting in person, going on a first date, etc, etc. My best advice is listen to your own instincts, and then be one extra step more cautious than what they tell you.

EDIT
Oh... aaaaaaaand the account's been deactivated. I guess we didn't get to BlackRose1419 in time.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 08:01 PM
When you speak of "the message coming up in a box by itself", is that a little pop-down button at the top of the screen after you've tried to send the message? When a message sends successfully, the page refreshes and it gives you the little pop-down confirmation that it was sent.

If this is not showing up, then you might need to fill out more of your profile, because the site won't let you send messages to certain people if they have "criteria" about who can contact them (Must be between the ages of 21-40, must be female, must have a profile picture etc, etc).

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 07:56 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 07:57 PM
My personal recommendation would be to get a picture of you directly facing the camera, and smiling or otherwise looking like you're happy to be there.
Also, I wouldn't mention the "non-cheater, non-abuser" part. It's one of those things where, by the mere act of mentioning it, it becomes a problem. (It's supposed to go without saying that you aren't either of those things, but given some profiles on some sites, I can understand why you felt you needed to put that.)
Other than that, you appear to be a forthcoming, honest, and respectable-type-person. Good on you.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 07:52 PM
Not being able to complete your profile info is probably why it's not letting you contact him. If he has any other criteria, like "Must be within 50 miles", or "must have a picture", then it won't let you contact him until you can fill in that information ("correctly").

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 06:16 PM
Because I don't have either of them now.

sad2 sad2

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 04:14 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 04:14 PM
I had two rescue Siberian Huskies... as of a couple years ago.

sad2

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 02:16 PM
I do not think it is the government and military keeping us in the dark about alien beings among us.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 02:14 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 02:15 PM
Chocolate + any fruit + any anatomical reference

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 02:11 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 02:12 PM
and David is a comedy actor happy

Hey, if you know anybody in the business...

For Pansytilly...
Veterinarian? No...
Tiger whisperer? No...

Taxidermist!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 02:10 PM
Your primary picture is very nice (though personally I prefer the second picture, the one of you in the hall).
You could mention what you got your bachelor's degree in (something biological or medical, I'm assuming, if you're an EMS). Maybe mention something you've never done before, something new that you'd like to try someday. It couldn't hurt to mention one or two of your favorite books and movies.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 10:41 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 01/13/15 10:41 AM
Hey, now - let's not besmirch David Tennant's image. He's my favorite Doctor!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 10:38 AM
Art critic.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 01/13/15 10:35 AM
People never look up. That's why it's so easy to ambush them from above!
Super-secret sneaksy-ninja attack from the skyyyyyyyyy!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 01/12/15 10:58 PM
Speak for yourself. I'm planning on staying a kid as long as I can!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 01/12/15 06:37 PM
Just imagine what that police officer must've walked in on:

A man, in a dark alley, crying out, "Here, Sex! Here, boy! *whistling* C'mere, Sex! I've got a treat for you! Sex, if you don't come right now, I'll chain you up in the basement so you can't run away again! Here, boy! *more whistling*"

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 01/12/15 06:31 PM
under the trampoline.

WHY... would you WASTE... a PERFECTLY GOOD... TRAMPOLINE like that?!?!!?!?!??!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 01/12/15 06:27 PM
Psychic!

Geologist helper

Frankly, I think he looks more like the geologist, and I the geologist assistant.

Anote: "Brush!"
DCG: "Brush."
Anote: "Deep-core mining drill!"
DCG: "Deep-core mining drill."
Anote: "Tourniquet here!"
DCG: "Tourniqu- wait, what?"
Anote: "*sadly* We've got a bleeder..."

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 01/12/15 10:55 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Mon 01/12/15 10:56 AM
I suppose I should do my part... for gender solidarity, if nothing else.

479... or is it 478?