Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 09/29/15 04:34 PM
The creepiest one is the kid in the mouse costume and wagon.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 09/26/15 11:00 AM

ANGLE
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I get that typo often

But I love your angle! It's such acute one!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 09/25/15 11:19 AM
Oh, one of the cheerful, positive threads that attract people. How nice.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 09/25/15 11:15 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 09/25/15 11:17 AM
"If you could be one, which would you choose?"
Supervillain, for the simple reason that supervillains can exist without superheroes, but superheroes wouldn't exist without a villain to counter. Seriously, what would Superman DO without Lex Luthor or The Joker or Darkseid? Save puppies and Lois Lane? (The girl is accident-prone to an absurd level!)

Whereas if you're a supervillain, you can perpetrate whatever you want, and it's not contingent on whether a superhero exists or not. For every city- or earth-shaking crime that's stopped by Batman or Superman, the supervillain gets away with three smaller ones.

"What would your special power be?"
I've always liked shapeshifting. Has the added benefit of making you just about immortal!

"What would you name yourself?"
"Darth Excidius"! Or if Star Wars is out, "Codename: Mr. Gentle"
(Muahaha!)

"What would your costume look like?"
Anything I wanted it to be! (Because I could shapeshift, see.)

"How would you serve the human race?"
With Worchestershire sauce and a light salad.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 09/24/15 03:55 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 09/24/15 03:56 PM
Actually, a rat with a body a foot (12") long isn't all that rare or surprising. Rats have high metabolisms, and they can keep growing well into adulthood if they're well-fed enough. You've probably heard of the infamous sewer rats, and how big they can theoretically grow to be. Who do you think Pizza Rat was trying to feed?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/22/living/pizza-rat-feat/index.html

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 09/19/15 04:59 PM
Yeah - it's a super pain to have to wait for slow crossers...

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:42 AM
Maybe it says something more about me than the situation, but I'm frankly more interested in seeing whether the people who loudly claim, "I'm never going to buy a Starbucks product again!" will actually live up to that claim, than I am in whether or not a police officer got to use the toilet in a given location.

Speaking from the heart, you can keep that sort of information to yourself.

*watches the loud claimers with intense interest*

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:36 AM
I'll throw in on the side of "genuinely wanting to support the GLBT community".
I don't really follow "snack news", but I doubt that Doritos was really under any social pressure to show support for GLBTs (hereafter, "Glibbits"). There wasn't any recent news about some representative of Doritos publicly badmouthing the Glibbit community, was there? So it's probably not just a reaction against that bad publicity.

If they were just after a quick buck, they'd mass-produce the rainbow chips and sell them in open market (though probably without any OBVIOUS brand support of Glibbits - no "GAY PRIDE CHIPS" slapped on the front of the bag, but maybe a small-print message on the back that said "Every purchase of Rainbow Doritos donates $1 to the Gets Better Project." Having them available only by special-order at a higher price means that the customer has to genuinely want them in order to obtain them.

Though I'm absolutely sure that just about every serious corporate entity in the U.S. tracks EVERY POSSIBLE DEMOGRAPHIC they can, I doubt Doritos would spend too much time or effort appealing to the Glibbit community unless they were interested in helping out. To me, Doritos has never, ever been a sexually/genderly/preference-ly-charged product, unlike all those "pink" versions of products, or those intentionally marketed towards one gender or the other. Doritos are snack chips. That's all they've ever been (at least, to me, before this news tidbit came along). It's not going to stop me from buying Doritos (though I hate the Cool Ranch flavor - I'm still going to be buying Nacho Cheese), and I'm not going to bother buying Glibbit-endorsing Doritos, but that's not because of my political/sexual/social preferences. It's 'cause I don't want them.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 09/19/15 11:25 AM

3 CRITICAL ONLINE DATING TIPS FOR WOMEN
Another great tip is to include those qualities and characteristics that a woman is not looking for. A good profile is written in a way that attracts the types of guys a woman is looking for and scares away those who she is not interested in.

On this note, though, if a woman's profile is entirely those things/qualities/people she is NOT interested in, it turns guys (me) off instantly. It's a complete shut-down. So if you want to ATTRACT males/people, instead of just scare away potential scammers, tell us what you DO want, as well. Give us something positive to work with.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 09/10/15 09:30 PM
These are a couple lines from ghost concepts I made up for the game Dead Realm (a hide-and-seek ghosts vs. humans game) on Steam. The whole thread is here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/352460/discussions/2/541907867778283749/

"When Cousin Augustus tried to stay the night in Huxley Manor, per the conditions of what was left of Huxley's will, he was woken out of his sound porcine sleep by something gnawing on his fingers.
It got worse from there."

"The authorities found Sal's body inside the chimney of the study, where the ghosts had stashed it after finding it amusing to discover how far Sal could - willingly - bend before he broke.
It wasn't as far as Sal could have hoped."

"Barbara blasted her fiance's head apart with her father's shotgun (which he had kept loaded all through the years in the fantasy of using it on his wife), and turned it around to stare down the other barrel. Then, in an instant, Barbara wasn't hurt and lonely anymore."

"Could anyone really blame her when she slipped some rat poison into a batch of her famous rum cookies, liberally pouring in the rum to disguise the taste? There's plenty - tell your friends that Cookie has enough for everybody."

"Nash had cleared out, scattering the ashes of his fire and abandoning all his tools. But he left behind the bodies."

(And if the game's premise sounds interesting, I feel like I should put a link to the game itself just out of fairness' sake:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/352460
Sorry if that's too off-topic, but I felt bad mentioning it without giving it more publicity.)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 08/28/15 03:24 PM
Those diabolical fiends.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 08/20/15 05:45 PM

Question: What belongs to you but others use it more than you do?

My time!
Also my patience!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 08/20/15 12:19 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 08/20/15 12:19 PM

lunch and supper,,,

Says you! You have obviously never been to I.H.O.P.!

A lobster? Gray-green-black is what I hear.

Your pillow. Go and give your pillow some head!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 08/17/15 08:01 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Mon 08/17/15 08:04 PM
I asked a woman I was getting serious with a very similar question.
I asked her to give me three (3) reasons why she liked me.
She couldn't.

I took that as a very bad sign for the future of our relationship. If you can't answer a simple question like that, or you have to reach too far for the answers, then why are you even with the person? It's not a huge intellectual exercise where you have to sort through a bunch of psychological or philosophical reasons or support. Just give a quick, honest answer of the first few things that pop into your head.
"I like your smile - it makes me want to smile."
"I like how you treat your dog/cat/pet."
"I like that we can talk about the same TV shows."

It doesn't have to be,
"I like your stance on the neo-economic principles Johnson proposed in his latest study."
or
"I like you because we connect on the deepest emotional experience I've ever felt in my life."

In other words, don't overthink a simple question. Dude could just be curious. It's never wrong to want solid reasons for something or someone you care about. Imagine if this was totally serious, like giving wedding vows. Imagine
"I, uh... want to marry you and love you and have lots of sex on our wedding night because... uh..."
Compared to
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you because I know that you are responsible, you'll always be there for me, and I will be there for you. I want to love you because I know you will make a great mother some day because of the way I've seen you treat your dog. I love the way you scrunch up your nose when you laugh, and I want to make you laugh, laugh lots..."

I'd put my money on the second marriage lasting a lot longer than the first. (At least to the end of the ceremony!)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 08/10/15 03:26 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Mon 08/10/15 03:26 PM
I'd find this much more believable if she was found on Venus.
And you can be sure she'd be smokin' hot!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 08/07/15 10:54 AM
Let us consider: For the past 250 years (ish), the United States has been divided up primarily between Democrats and Republicans. Both sides have accomplished great things, and both sides have been harangued for causing great problems. Largely, what one side does, the other side attempts to counter or "correct" based on political, economic, or even religious reasons.
The next election, everything turns out exactly the way it did in the previous election, though the names may have switched. ("Democrats blame Republicans for economic state!" becomes "Republicans blame Democrats for economic state!", etc.)

Try something new. See if it makes a difference.

Vote Libertarian!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 08/07/15 10:32 AM
Has anybody been playing and/or streaming this? (Especially on the Steam broadcasts.) Is it really everything the reviewers/streamers are cracking it up to be? Seems kind of simplistic to me, but that's probably just because it's in Early Access.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 08/07/15 10:31 AM
Why not just make it illegal to show "out of context" footage? Require that the entire video recorded (by either side) be played, and let the jury decide for themselves whether appropriate action was taken.
Of course, if you only recorded the especially incriminating bits - the point when a cop swatted a civilian with their baton, or when the civilian has already jumped on the cop - that probably shouldn't be admissible as hard evidence in a court of law. It proves nothing that the very act of bringing a charge against someone doesn't already "prove".

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 08/06/15 08:35 AM
Forget the Sixth Sense - I have the SEVENTH Sense: I see people who say they've seen ghosts!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 08/06/15 08:34 AM
Uh... which one of you is looking for a girlfriend, exactly? I'm seeing two faces in your profile picture, which kinda confuses the issue.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25