Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 11:33 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 11:34 PM
I think sex is pretty important. For a relationship. Romantically. Creates and strengthens social bonds.

Dang it, pansytilly! You beat me to the point!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 11:29 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 11:29 PM
Oh, I DO spend waaaaaay too much time on the computer. I have a hell of a lot more than 60 posts on all the forums I've been on... and keep in mind that that's 60 posts IN A DAY. So... yeah.

Exercise is important, kids.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 11:23 PM
So... it IS a spoken rule?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 11:22 PM
I think most people in the world think of themselves as "decent". That's just your basic psychological bouyancy. Most people probably are, in fact, pretty decent. But I'm kind of with navygirl's attitude that calling yourself nice and decent doesn't make it so.
My advice would be to simply ACT nice and decent according to your natural instincts, and let others slap the adjectives on you. Actions speak louder than word, after all.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 09:35 PM
I always thought that one was an unspoken rule.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 09:32 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 09:34 PM

why do the idiot's wish for different, but each moment each day wish for the same.

do they not sea different results come from wishing different.

guess not, for they are the definition of idiots.

for to obtain different results, one must have different thoughts, and to have different thoughts, one must have different wants.

Actually, I think that's the definition of insanity. Which is very distinct from idiocy.

And I've gotta give lionsbrew props for honesty and fortitude.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 09:07 PM
Most of my free time is spent on the computer, or at least inside, which is one of the biggest reasons I have for doing my exercises. I don't think living a cyber/intellectual/sedate life means that you don't get exercise - in my personal experience, it just means that you have to exhibit more willpower than those people for whom exercise and outdoorsy activities come naturally. My exercises aren't exactly what I'd call "fun", but there is a certain good feeling I get after I do them that I kind of envy in more active people.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 09:00 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 09:02 PM
Eh, this is probably going to get moved to another board, but what the hax.

Is cooking really seen as a valuable skill in males? To what degree should a man be able to cook - microwave dinners, macaroni and cheese, broiling filet mignon a la bernaise? Or is the only thing a man needs to know about cooking is to find the best little restaurant nearby? If he can cook, how often would he actually be expected to cook?
I might be showing some sexism, here, but in my experience the best meals have always come from the women in my life. I've got a book full of family recipes, but my cookies still can't compare to my grandmother's.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:51 PM
No copulation, aisles 13-51.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:48 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 08:49 PM
It's true.
The Dark Side has cookies.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:46 PM

1 pic and "Hi,Ask me" isn't gonna do it.you lack a lot of info.like,what do you do for fun,what do you do for work,what do you want in your future,what kind of person are you looking for....etc

Quoted for truth.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:42 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 08:43 PM
"Warning: I Bite"

Though I think it sounds a little better auf Deutsch:

"Warnung! Ich beisse!"

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:38 PM
it's not negative at all. everyone has them..that whole "no expectations" mantra went out of style with lacey camo undies...lol

LACEY CAMO UNDIES HAVE GONE OUT OF STYLE?!

... well, I certainly didn't expect THAT...

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:33 PM
In thirty years of genetic research, we should be able to get a good start on designing Adeptus Astartes.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:29 PM
Would I give my passwords to my social media to my significant other?
Er... what social media is this, exactly? If she wants to look at my dating profiles, she can take a look at 'em - they're pretty much all the same.
On a larger scale... I can see myself sharing passwords for most of my accounts on various things, if she asks. What goes around comes around though, and I'd expect her to give me her passwords to the same kinds of things. There are a few things I'm keeping to myself, like my personal banking information. I'd give her the password to my Steam account, I guess - but I don't have my payment information on file there, so she'd still have to pay for games herself! Muahaha!

There's being honest and inclusive, and then there's just being foolish and interdependent.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 08:17 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 08:18 PM

What happens when you get tired of falling? oops tears

You land. surprised

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 07:35 PM
I think this discussion is turning into something larger than what I originally asked. I'm not looking for reasons on why people live their lives as they do, to justify themselves on a grand scale. I'm just asking after reasons why people leave dating sites and never seem to want to come back.

And Amelinng, wouldn't most of the reasons you give be better served by sticking to the site? (Mingle, meet new friends, playing games?)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 07:28 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 01/09/15 07:29 PM
If you're in a restaurant that has no menu... sounds an awful lot like a cafeteria, which means you can get what you want, and as much of it as you want!
This seems to be the solution on another thread...

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 07:21 PM
You are a cruel and merciless man.

Auditor in the IRS.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 01/09/15 07:17 PM
I don't hate to admit it. I've got plenty of expectations. I also have standards, hopes, and desires. I just don't see why having these things is considered negative. Just because people HAVE them (of you) doesn't mean you automatically have to meet those expectations/standards/hopes/desires.