Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 06/27/15 03:30 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sat 06/27/15 03:32 AM
Relax, people, relax. Let's not forget all the other races out there: Elves, dwarves, halflings, dark elves, orcs, ogres, trolls (ye gods, the trolls), and everything else that's after our hooman wimmenz for wining, dining, sexing, and eating. (And NOT in the fun way, so watch out, ladies!)

The lives of two inter-racial people who have chosen love (or at least a prolonged lust) over social conventions are worthy of our respect and admiration. The lives of their children, such as half-elves, half-orcs, and once even a half-dragon, are usually full of hate and scorn directed at them and their parents. I ask you to remember the lesson of Tanis Half-Elven who - though for most of his life was derided by both humans and elves for being "the other kind" - saved the world with the help of his Companions, and proved that there's nothing wrong with being the child of an inter-racial couple. And if there's nothing wrong with the children, how wrong can inter-racial dating be?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 06/26/15 05:18 PM
If Scalia was so opposed to the very idea that the Supreme Court even has the power to judge homosexual marriage, then why didn't he just abstain? Why vote against it? It's rare, but the Supreme Justices do have the ability to abstain. That would seem to make the strongest case for the opinion Scalia wrote. By voting against homosexual marriage, he's still delivering judgment.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 06/26/15 01:18 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 06/26/15 01:18 PM
Shouldn't husband and wife submit to... each other...regardless of professional success.

Only when she's got that leather corset and choker on... and that mean gleam in her eye. Then I don't dare do anything else!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 06/26/15 01:16 PM
Define "test". And are you willing to be tested in exactly the same way? Keep in mind that any of these "tests" might be a drill, since this was your idea and all. It doesn't count if you expect it coming.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 06/26/15 01:07 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 06/26/15 01:11 PM
Would I take my first ex-girlfriend back?

*sigh*

Probably.

Not accounting for the more-than-a-decade we haven't even been aware of the other's existence (besides memories), back then we actually had things in common. I could talk to her for hours and hours and not run out of things to say. Also, she was physically attractive and I had reason to suspect she found me physically attractive, and that's not something I'm going to sneeze at.

If SHE can back to ME, promising all the things YouAreWhoYouAre says... Yeah, I probably would. The reason why I broke things off with her permanently was because I ended up just embarrassing myself chasing after her, and she didn't seem to pay much attention. But if she was going to be the one paying attention to me, first, again, I'd take that as a good sign.

But now ask me if I really think it would last this time around...

Probably not.

--------

Would I take my second ex-girlfriend back?

Probably not.

We didn't really have a deep relationship. I wouldn't talk to her for hours like I could my first girlfrield because it turned out we didn't have nearly as much in common. She... was not particularly interested in having a completely monogamous and dedicated relationship, and I couldn't see myself marrying her in the long run. If she came to me on her knees begging to get together again, I would regard that with a certain amount of suspicion and misgivings - and aside from how that makes ME look, I don't think that's a good start to renewing a relationship.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 06/25/15 06:57 AM
Yet another reason not to use Google.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 06/25/15 06:55 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 06/25/15 06:56 AM

Lamb Vindaloo! Separates the men from the boys, as the hotter it is, the better it is!

Quoted for truth.

Also, peanut-butter-and-chocolate cookies. Doesn't really matter what kind - they're all delicious.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 06/24/15 12:54 PM
The proper term to distinguish between gender/sex is "male" or "female", as appropriate.
"Man" and "woman" have very different meanings depending on which culture or society you are looking at. A "Man" in one culture may still be considered a boy, or just not a "man" in another culture. Same goes for females and "woman". (Ex: In some cultures a female is not a "woman" until she loses her virginity - spinsters would never be "real" women.)

"Male" and "female" are biological distinctions, and I'm not even sure a church could deny that there are valid biological differences warranting the distinction. If you want to address a non-human animal by a gender-specific name, they have such names for just about every conceivable species on the planet. A fox, for example, can be a "reynard (male)" or "vixen (female)".

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 06/23/15 02:31 PM
It might be somebody's business if someone calls out the wrong human name...

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 06/23/15 02:27 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Tue 06/23/15 02:29 PM
If a woman is yelling "God!" during sex "in vain" (i.e., "for no good reason" or "uselessly"), then she's having the wrong kind of sex.

Was it not God who decreed that women MUST have sex and suffer the pains of childbirth? Perhaps shouting "God!" during sex is merely the woman drawing God's attention to the pain and suffering they're in? Would this not please the Lord God?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 06/22/15 09:38 AM
The Lone Ranger, of all things. Somehow it ended up on the "Watch next..." list, and so I clicked on it.

"Hi, ho, Silver!"

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 06/13/15 09:13 PM
Only advice I would give you would be to move one of your colored pictures (like the second one) to be your main photo. Save the black-and-white artsy ones for secondary pictures. While it's very nice - shows your full face, laughing - color is even better.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 06/13/15 08:30 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sat 06/13/15 08:36 AM
BAH! Nevermind! It's not working!

*ragedance*

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 06/12/15 01:19 PM
Happy Birthday, YouAreWhoYouAre! Here's to another happy (aggravating, irritating, intriguing, engaging) year on Mingle Squared!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Fri 06/12/15 01:12 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Fri 06/12/15 01:12 PM
This ASUS laptop has served me well. I've had one since college. The only downside to it is that it's kind of heavy (gaming machine, you know), but the price was damned reasonable ($1,200 on Amazon.com and I had $200 in gift cards). It's not quite razor-edge, but it's close, and you pay a lot less for something in second place that's just about as good as first.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 06/10/15 10:38 PM
Can't be any more of a pretty-boy Batman than Val Kilmer was.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:58 PM
My online dating name was SUPPOSED to be "David, Geek", like a title or profession. But, noooo - they don't allow non-alphanumeric characters. LETTERISTS!
As to why "David, Geek", I figure it's the best two-word summation of who I am and what I do.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 06/04/15 11:52 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 06/04/15 11:53 AM
1) The discrepancy between the way people behave online, and their real (or at least testified) behavior in real life. Pros/Cons of chatting over the internet.

2) Generational views on romance, male/female relationships, the growing acceptance of homosexuality and "non-standard" relationships. Differences between. Continuation of "traditional/standard" values and their conscious perpetuation.

3) Cats and kittens! (Seriously, that new cat thread's gonna be around a while.)

4) A philosophical enquiry into the nature of love, honor, and societal expectations of both.

5) Where to draw the line between acquaintance, friendship, romance, and lifelong partners/soul-mates. What kinds of love each expresses (love for humanity in general, to love for a specific character trait, etc).

6) What I Would Do If I Ruled the World, And Why (abridged)

7) People Doing Stupid Things, Caught On Film And Posted On The Internet, Book I (a never-ending supply!)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 06/03/15 08:41 PM
This thread is working pretty well in that regard. happy Forum threads always attract lurkers!
(He said, non-ironically.)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 06/03/15 08:33 PM
HAVE YOU SEEN??
DID YOU *SEE*???!??!
HOW HAVE YOU NOT *SEEN* YET?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, right!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

IV is coming! IV IS COMING!!

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25