Community > Posts By > mnhiker

mnhiker's photo
Wed 11/12/08 09:44 PM
Edited by mnhiker on Wed 11/12/08 09:44 PM
I'm an Independent who tends to vote Democrat.

My ma's a Republican who always votes Republican.

I still love my ma, even if we sometimes disagree.

Yes, blood IS thicker than water.

mnhiker's photo
Mon 11/10/08 04:37 PM
The government would just use it to bail out yet another corporation. :angry:

mnhiker's photo
Mon 11/10/08 04:30 PM
Change begins with you.

You can't expect the government to do everything.

It's just disappointing that they are bailing out big corporations before even considering the hard working poor and middle class, who play by the rules and get shafted anyway.

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:49 PM

Karl Rove is on Fox insisting we're a "Center-Right Country." His math skills have really fallen.

Bill Bennett is saying the same on the 'liberal' CNNlaugh

I've said for awhile that we're a 'Moderate' country, for the most part.

The Republican elite, catering to wealthy and corporate interests, have disenfranchised the middle class and ignored grass root voters.

That's why they're losing. ohwell

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:43 PM

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Poor Bill....Payback is hell!

I guess all those former Hillary supporters DIDN'T back McCain!

Ain't that a byitch!

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:38 PM

Is the election today? I forgot to check my Franklin Planner.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:36 PM

One legitimate reason to vote McCain is to keep Democrats from having too much power in our government. But that's a long shot....

Is there any reason to vote Obama?

1) He's multi racial. Seems like the time for a change

2) Bush left a real ****ty smell in the room for rebublicans

3) Sarah Palin sucks

those are just the non political reasons

Ok

1) Time for a change of race in the whitehouse? Wouldn't that be racist?

2) Yes he did, and clinton before that, and Bush before that, and so on.drinker

3) Why does Sarah Palin suck so bad?

Man, I could really have fun with that last one!

But I digress...

Why? Go for it bro... I don't support her so i could care less what people dig up on her...

I guess all i was doing is pointing out that there is no logical reason to vote for Obama either...

I really don't care what they dig up.

What she did in Alaska is a moot point.

She sunk the McCain campaign, worst choice he ever could have made.

Even many Republicans would agree with me on this.

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:30 PM

Where's all the rest of the McCain supporters, they've left me out in the cold tonight.noway

That's ok, I'm not giving up so easily!!!

It's a lonely feeling, isn't it?

I felt exactly the same way when everyone was voting for Bush Jr.

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:22 PM

One legitimate reason to vote McCain is to keep Democrats from having too much power in our government. But that's a long shot....

Is there any reason to vote Obama?

1) He's multi racial. Seems like the time for a change

2) Bush left a real ****ty smell in the room for rebublicans

3) Sarah Palin sucks

those are just the non political reasons

Ok

1) Time for a change of race in the whitehouse? Wouldn't that be racist?

2) Yes he did, and clinton before that, and Bush before that, and so on.drinker

3) Why does Sarah Palin suck so bad?

Man, I could really have fun with that last one!

But I digress...

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:21 PM

We can win!

http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/1372

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:13 PM

Share this with all on your e mail list. Absolutely Incredible...This man wants to be president of our great nation????

What a slap to all who have fought and died for our freedoms.

Together we ARE making a difference....We ARE accountable for whom we vote for!

Patrick Henry said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Guys, read and send this on. It needs to go to everybody!!!

Read this carefully it is absolutely stunning!!!

Perhaps there are SOME out there who are beginning to get 'the picture'. The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's televised 'Meet The Press'. and the author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!! Yeah......the Washington Post of New York and Los Angeles Times fame!! Must say that I'm dually impressed..................

From Sunday's Televised 'Meet the Press' Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code,

Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, 'Stand and Face It'

Senator Obama Live on Sunday states,

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said.

'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails. Perhaps a state or period of mutual concord between our governments. When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts.

We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine'. Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put aside my hatred. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path of hope. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America .

WHAAAAAAAT ????

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right. This could possibly be our next President.

I, for one, am speechless.

Dale Lindsborg ,
Washington Post

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/forrestgump/forwhatitsworth.htm

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:09 PM

I didnt vote this time. I feel neither candidate qaulifies. This way I can say I didnt vote for either one of them.

you sound like my husband. you could have written in a vote or voted 3rd party....would have been something

'If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.'

'Freewill' by Rush

but the government doesn't HEAR that....
vote for something you believe in

I do.

The point I was trying to make is that, even if you don't choose a candidate, you still have made the choice of letting other people decide for you.

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:07 PM

Do it with sympathy...

rofl
BE GENITAL SHES GOT GUNS

Be genital? spock

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 07:00 PM

I didnt vote this time. I feel neither candidate qaulifies. This way I can say I didnt vote for either one of them.

you sound like my husband. you could have written in a vote or voted 3rd party....would have been something

'If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.'

'Freewill' by Rush

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 06:53 PM

So what ur sayin is were gonna have President Palin? hahahaha whatta joke

(put some numbers to an actuary table, he wont survive his first "term" if some how he pulls it off!)

rant Man, that woman is so stupid mad

But, she is very pretty.

That woman is prime example of why America is so screwed up.

You can be a mindless idiot with the intellectual level of Ned Beatys character from the movie Deliverance but if u have a great set of tits, u can reach the second highest office in the land...way to go america...a vote for John McCain, is a vote for Bobby Trippe with a great set of tits...

Hey, I liked Deliverance.

Great movie.

But I got your point.

So is someone gonna squeal like a piggie before the night is over?

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 06:48 PM

Mcain is going to throw Palin under the bus when this is over. She lost this thing for him.

Well, there's always 2012!

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 06:44 PM
Have you made up your mind yet?

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 06:42 PM

racism is fun kids!

Do you sit front row in Rev. Wright's Church?

No. Do you?

Not lately

so you've been? Im with Quiet here, any snacks?

Yes, they're serving crow to the Republicans candidates tonight.

Oh, but they have fine Merlot to wash it down.

mnhiker's photo
Tue 11/04/08 06:36 PM

Sent by a conservative friend with a sense of humor...

Dear Red States:
We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota,Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft.

You get WorldCom. We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss. We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama. We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms. Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent ofAmerica's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT. With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University , Clemson and the University of Georgia. We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Peace out,
Blue States

mnhiker's photo
Mon 11/03/08 04:47 PM

Sarah Palin is HOTlove

So is Heather Locklear, but she's not running for Vice President.

You can't run a country just based on looks. noway

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25