Community > Posts By > MadDog1974

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 01:24 AM

Are all those flowers and kisses for me Tom Cat/MadDog? blushing

You can have either all of those or all of these.
flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 01:23 AM
Cat? Where?

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 01:13 AM

The other 2 ladies who have just commented are more likely to be flirting with you. They contradict themselves about what they want in a man. I don't have any contradictions in the bedroom or out I like a gentleman.

The only contradictions I've seen are in the history of your comments. You say you want a good man, yet you bash men whenever you get a chance. Then you get upset when someone calls you on it.

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:44 AM

What people seem to be overlooking is that the reason spelling and grammar are important is because communication is one of the main keys to a relationship. If someone contacts you and you can't understand what they are trying to say, you won't have that level of communication with that person. Because of all the complexities of the English language, no one will ever have perfect grammar, but to be completely incomprehensible is a deal breaker.

seems subjective...true, things can get lost in translation, as each language has its own nuances and complexities.. but even couples from different countries and languages have been known to make it work... some things are more powerful than words. even people who speak the same language often misunderstand each other, intentionally or not...it's mostly a matter of the meeting of the minds...

That's true, but that first impression is key. If I'm getting text shorthand, street slang, or what otherwise appears to be no attempt to form actual sentences, I'm not interested. I make every attempt to communicate clearly and I expect the same in return. If there is no effort, there is no chance.

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:38 AM
Little nibble

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:36 AM

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:34 AM
Can I combine them like Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Allman Brothers, and Charlie Daniels did?

Socks or slippers?

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:30 AM
Um, ok. To the person I like. Apparently I'm supposed to tell you something so, uh, er, ah....

I like you.

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:28 AM
Ok, so the smell of pork being cooked is no longer a pleasant smell to you. That doesn't prove your point. You are providing anecdotal evidence based on your own experience. I find the smell of tobacco being smoked in a pipe to be a pleasant smell, even though I no longer smoke tobacco in any form. Does that mean that maybe tobacco isn't so bad?

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:17 AM
Because drool drool drool drool

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:14 AM

I made my point. I was clear. If someone doesn't get it now I throw my hands up in the air and say what the hell is your point?

Are you flirting with me again? flowers blushing blushing

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:11 AM
Maybe if I wasn't surrounded by all these here women folk....

flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:08 AM
Let me get this right. Iran has a stated mission of wiping Israel off the map, and I'm supposed to not worry about them acquiring nuclear weapons? slaphead

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:04 AM
Is that an offer? drool waving tongue2 rofl

MadDog1974's photo
Mon 03/30/15 12:03 AM
What people seem to be overlooking is that the reason spelling and grammar are important is because communication is one of the main keys to a relationship. If someone contacts you and you can't understand what they are trying to say, you won't have that level of communication with that person. Because of all the complexities of the English language, no one will ever have perfect grammar, but to be completely incomprehensible is a deal breaker.

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 03/29/15 11:30 PM

^^^Or maybe what you know about who you know...tongue2

Hi Pink! waving

Perhaps it's not who you know but who you blow? rofl rofl oops

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 03/29/15 11:20 PM

Inability, or at least refusal, to properly spell words is, to me, a sign that a person is willfully uneducated. Spelling is taught to children from the very instant they enter school, and if they cannot (or refuse to) learn how to spell basic words after 12 years of mandatory public education, then how can I expect them to learn other, more important things like philosophy, law, literature, or gods help me, the VCR programming guide?

Now if someone was born in a non-English speaking/writing country, and they were learning the language, that's something else. We need to give those who WANT to learn the same leeway we grant young children, because their language development is at a similar level. Misspelling "bad" shouldn't happen all that often, but misspelling "exhalation" might be slightly trickier. Even native speakers frequently get "they're/their/there" wrong, and other similar-sounding words besides.

Well said!happy

Not really.

You would be surprised how many people who struggle with illiteracy today even after completing school. It is not a measure of intelligence or lack there of, but a failure on the part of the education systems ability to be flexible in teaching methods to accomodate those who have difficulty or learn differently than the the methods used and thereby fall through the cracks.

If you learn easily you can breeze through, if you have obvious learning deficits you may be assigned assistance but if you fall somewhere in the middle ie: smart enough to deduce what is going on, you can squeeze through with out actually acquiring the skills. These individuals can read well enough to get through what they need to but accurate spelling may be a lifelong challenge.

It is not a measure of intelligence at all but lack of acquired skills. It also does not indicate laziness or refusal when there is a lack of resources to help them. As they reach adulthood they may be conditioned to think they cannot learn and develop other skills to cope.

Some of these individuals function very well in society and have excellent careers. I am always amazed when I encounter a professional person who consistantly misspells or misuses words but it happens more than you might think. With the lowered levels of achievements required to get the kids graduated and out of the schools these days, this will happen more and more with no fault of their own.

There are all kinds of struggles in this world. flowerforyou

This is taking us into completely off topic territory. You're both right and wrong on certain points, but to get into that requires a long, very off topic rant. Let's just say that public education isn't as great as most people think it is. In certain places it's not bad, but it is catered to "the lowest common denominator."

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 03/29/15 11:13 PM

People seem to be confused about me, so let me explain, I also have a high regard for REAL men/gentlemen. I do not dislike these men, I am a normal straight woman who likes gentlemen. There is no problem there.

A "normal" straight woman who likes gentlemen doesn't belittle exactly what she says she wants.

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 03/29/15 10:50 PM
Rules applied selectively

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 03/29/15 10:44 PM

Inability, or at least refusal, to properly spell words is, to me, a sign that a person is willfully uneducated. Spelling is taught to children from the very instant they enter school, and if they cannot (or refuse to) learn how to spell basic words after 12 years of mandatory public education, then how can I expect them to learn other, more important things like philosophy, law, literature, or gods help me, the VCR programming guide?

Now if someone was born in a non-English speaking/writing country, and they were learning the language, that's something else. We need to give those who WANT to learn the same leeway we grant young children, because their language development is at a similar level. Misspelling "bad" shouldn't happen all that often, but misspelling "exhalation" might be slightly trickier. Even native speakers frequently get "they're/their/there" wrong, and other similar-sounding words besides.

Not to mention, if you don't know how to spell a particular word, synonyms are quite common in the English language. It's not hard to find a different way of saying what you're saying.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next