Community > Posts By > rug212001

rug212001's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:56 AM

I always thought the best people to be friends with are the ones that will challenge you when they feel it's needed, support you when you need it, and not be offended when you do the same. Someone honest and not needy. Hmmm come to think of it that is what would make a good girlfriend as well. :)

yeah they are nice, just hard to come by:)

That is very true. Although, I'm sure they are out there.

rug212001's photo
Sun 05/24/15 04:05 AM
There seems to be this trend to manage every minute of every day of a child's life. While this is very appropriate when they are very young, I think at a certain point you have to give them time to figure out what to do for themselves.

Every week my girls have a day of no electronics. Dinner time is family time. Both of them get a chance to talk about what they have been up to. Homework gets done right after school. The rest of the time, unless there is something special going on, it's their time. They pretty much get to do what they choose within reason of course. I have found they ask me to participate in their activities quite often. I let them come to me instead of trying to push my way into their lives.

I've always thought that as long as you show your kids that you love them. Make sure they know they can come to you at any time for anything. Plus you have taught them how to be a good person from the beginning. Kids generally turn out alright.

rug212001's photo
Sun 05/24/15 03:35 AM

What are the boundaries for flirting when you have kids?

Two disclaimers first off.
1) I don't have my kids all the time.
2) I try not to mix romance with parenting until relationship is established.

That being said....

When I take my kids to the park and there is what appears to be an attractive single mom there. You better believe I flirt!

Most of the times kids are off doing there own thing and not really paying attention to every little thing you do. Even if they are does it really matter? Would it really be a bad thing for them to see how flirting works? It's already been said as long as you don't get too....overt?....what is the difference between being nice to someone and flirting from the kids perspective? I have met plenty of people that are just naturally flirty with just about everyone. (Especially when I look in the mirror.) I have never seen any affect on the kids.

That is just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. It's completely up to you.

rug212001's photo
Sun 05/24/15 01:00 AM

welcome theresa. Please take a seat.
The Shrink will be with you shortly

A shrink? Awesome, then I can lose these extra pounds. Oh wait, not that kind of shrink.... embarassed

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 11:13 PM

I just read through all of these posts, many I would love to Reply to, many I laughed my *** off to! I agree with more than one theory, in the end I think there is always a physical attraction that sparks something between two people, however I also agree that attraction can grow, you may meet someone whom you don't find attractive but you become friends, start hanging out a lot, then one day realize, "hey I'm kind of attracted to this person" attraction doesn't have to be looks, it can grow and soon the person you didn't think you would even give a second look becomes the most beautiful person you had ever met!
Beauty is def inside, attraction isn't based on looks... And for the record I'm 5'11" and have and would date someone shorter than myself, I prefer a tall man but if the right guy came along and stole my heart, and he was 5'8" would I toss that away?! No way in hell!

Nice to know us short guys have a chance. bigsmile

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 11:00 PM
Finding someone that is a companion and not just another person to hang out with. "It's gonna take time. A whole lot of precious time. It's gonna take patience and time." -George Harrison

It's been my experience a lot of people that think they are ready to settle down and have a real relationship, realize a little too late they are not ready after all. You can see this when people jump into a relationship. Then are not satisfied with what or who they have. These people tend to compound the situation by not coming clean about it. That is when minor thing get blown out of proportion. They are looking for a way out and don't want to admit they were not ready after all. I seen it happen.

When I was a teenager I wanted to get married, have a couple of kids, and live happily ever after. I know, it's odd for a guy to think like that but I did. I found a wonderful lady a few years older than me. Dated for about five years. Three of which we lived together. I figured at this point nothing would change if we got married. For the most part I was correct. We were married for about 10 years and had two amazing daughters. I thought everything was going great. Until the last year turned into one long bitter argument. We simply were not compatible anymore. I didn't want to leave and she felt trapped. Once we got through the most civil divorce I've ever heard of, we got along much better. I still wouldn't say we are friends but we can talk without pissing each other off.

After being divorced for a almost five years now I have yet to find someone that is really ready for a committed relationship. At least a committed relationship with me. There have been a couple that thought they were ready, but soon realised they wasn't. Sadly, I've had to be the one to bring it up. I seen the signs and didn't want it to blow up.

None of this has convinced me that I will never find someone compatible with me. Though at times it is hard to stay optimistic.

The moral of the story is keep your head up and accept whatever it is life has to throw at you. At some point everyone finds what they are looking for or they find they was looking for the wrong thing. Either way, it's one hell of a life. Enjoy it!

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 08:39 PM

Quickies are a waste, take your time.

Oh I don't know there is something to be said for ...
Baby I want you now..
No I don't want any foreplay my mind has done all that work...
Just saying...blushing :angel:

Maybe, but it's always more fun to take your time and revel the experience.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 05:45 PM

I am proficient in Dungeons and Dragons 2nd through 3.5th editions, Warhammer 40K Death Watch or Black Crusade, Gamma World (as distinct from D&D 4th edition), Vampire: The Masquerade/V20 and Vampire: The Requiem/New World of Darkness, and I can fumble my way through Pathfinder, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, 20th Anniversary Edition, a Star Wars RPG, or a Lord of the Rings RPG.
Is it a good sign that I already have a LOTR name taken straight out of The Silmarillion?

My geek creds just got stolen. grumble

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 05:35 PM

Thanks, but I'm actually very happy with my small boobs. I fit into clothes better.....happy

As you should be.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 05:18 PM

Does anyone else still wear a training bra?....huh

Are you trying to train them to get bigger? :tongue:

Well...I don't need them to run a marathon....sad

Small breast can be sexy too. No need to train them. I'm sure they know what to do. :wink:

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 04:35 PM

Most positions are good but I have trouble with the upside down helicopter oil check. I just don't bend that way. lol

That position is easy, as long as you wear scuba gear...laugh

Oh, maybe that's what my problem was. lol

Well, there you go. A new item for your bucket list...happy

Think I'll wait till my back heals from the last attempt.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 04:34 PM

Does anyone else still wear a training bra?....huh

Are you trying to train them to get bigger? :tongue:

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 04:31 PM

Most positions are good but I have trouble with the upside down helicopter oil check. I just don't bend that way. lol

That position is easy, as long as you wear scuba gear...laugh

Oh, maybe that's what my problem was. lol

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 04:22 PM

Yay Boobies!

Now that sounds like my older brother.

He has told me once that the best day he could have is when he has boobs with bacon on top. noway

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 04:19 PM

.. I love role playing..... pulls on his rubber boots..... snaps on his rubber gloves..... sticks a toilet plunger on the top of his head...... can you guess who I am....lmao

Patrick Star, damn Spongebob. My kids love that show.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 04:12 PM

I'm guessing, "protest",
is *some* people's code word,
for refusal to accept responsibility
for their own actions.

For some maybe, most of the time a protest is done to get people to take responsibility for their actions.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 03:56 PM
I have never been big on riots but I am a big supporter of peaceful protest. That is until the cops show up and get violent. I don't condone violence for any reason except self defence.

Swing your arms and shout, but your right to swing your arm ends at my face.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 03:49 PM

why do they ask to transfer money into your account?
I have not been asked for money but only my bank details to transfer money

Once they have your account and routing numbers they can transfer money out of your account with ease.

Thanks & Ive come across such Scams often....i always tell them to pay me first in cash & they disappear laugh

Nice, I have asked for their account numbers first so I can make the transfer from my end. Oddly, I never seem to get it....Ohh well

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 03:45 PM

The worst are the smooth talkers who like to pretend that they are god's gift but they have nothing to offer. Very disappointing.

That's why it's always the short chubby guys that know what they are lacking and work extra hard to make up for it. :wink:

Are you referring to yourself?

Sure, why not. I know I'm not a god, so I gotta make up for that some how.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/23/15 03:41 PM

why do they ask to transfer money into your account?
I have not been asked for money but only my bank details to transfer money

Once they have your account and routing numbers they can transfer money out of your account with ease.

1 2 7 8 9 10 12 14 15